Development in Ogadenia/DDS

Abaq

VIP
Why are shilaabo and wardheer ignored when they historical cities?.
Wardheer is not ignored. It was connected to the power grid in December, a piped water supply for the entire city was unveiled, and the tarmac road is also being constructed, a modern general hospital is being built, plus other developments. The technical college has also been expanded. All that is left is to make it a maamul-magaalo like Godey and Dhagaxbuur.

Shilaabo on the other hand is no different to all the other district towns that haven't been reached yet. The focus currently is on the main towns but soon insha Allah development will reach there also

Abaq

VIP
Shabeelle Regional Headquarters get unveiled, Godey Ogadenia

FwMfZC7WAAUr2pZ.jpeg
FwMfZC6WwAA38VP.jpeg

Wardheer is not ignored. It was connected to the power grid in December, a piped water supply for the entire city was unveiled, and the tarmac road is also being constructed, a modern general hospital is being built, plus other developments. The technical college has also been expanded. All that is left is to make it a maamul-magaalo like Godey and Dhagaxbuur.

Shilaabo on the other hand is no different to all the other district towns that haven't been reached yet. The focus currently is on the main towns but soon insha Allah development will reach there also
Insha Allah, thanks for sharing all the progress.

Abaq

VIP
@Abaq when will development reach towns and villages?

mashallah mustafe cagjar doing a great job for kilinka 5aad.
Hard to say when. The focus currently is on the main cities understandably. Although the Tigray War slowed things down the pace is picking up again. I wouldn’t be surprised if the regional towns start to get attention. The amazing thing is along with all this development, each city and town also gets a masterplan. Look closely at Godey or Dhagaxbuur and you’ll see what I mean.

I know for example Daratoole and Dannood will soon get connected to the electricity grid and Qorile got a masterplan and solar lighting. Hopefully, other towns get reached soon

Hard to say when. The focus currently is on the main cities understandably. Although the Tigray War slowed things down the pace is picking up again. I wouldn’t be surprised if the regional towns start to get attention. The amazing thing is along with all this development, each city and town also gets a masterplan. Look closely at Godey or Dhagaxbuur and you’ll see what I mean.

I know for example Daratoole and Dannood will soon get connected to the electricity grid and Qorile got a masterplan and solar lighting. Hopefully, other towns get reached soon
Is there an account that shows these developments all over DDS.
When do you think it will reach there.
Bro I mean kebeles/villages not woredas/districts.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Is the city infrastructure planning good? We need to make sure we don’t develop the cities in a way that will cause problems in the future.

Also, almost all the buildings have that same yellow interior. Is it the only material we have?

Inshallah I’d like to see more concrete and steel buildings in the future. The tall buildings/skyscrapers should be concrete/metal.

Abaq

VIP
Sahid MI Engineering Car Assembly plant, Jigjiga Ogadenia

360 employees are employed in this factory (70% local). They are the 4th biggest metal engineering company in Ethiopia

Last edited:

Abaq

VIP

360 employees are employed in this factory

They supply Somaliland, Puntland, and the rest of Ethiopia with their finished products. They are in talks with a Chinese company to set up a joint auto factory to assemble electric cars in Ogadenia with the high tech parts being imported from China and the rest being manufactured locally. When the electric car revolution reaches the Horn of Africa, it is likely a big percentage of the cars will come from this plant insha Allah.

Insha Allah soon we'll see more factories and industries setting up in Ogadenia to supply the Horn of Africa and compete with the goods imported from abroad. With access to very cheap electricity, subsidies from the Ethiopian government, and a large cheap labour force, Ogadenia has a lot of potential to become an industrial powerhouse. Already, industrialists from the region such as Farah Sh Biixi from Wardheer currently own large factories in Diridhabe etc

Last edited:

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine

360 employees are employed in this factory (70% local). They are the 4th biggest metal engineering company in Ethiopia

Mabrook may Allah give them success

@Abaq mashallah but do Somalis in Ethiopia have there own telecoms or any other business company I know safaricom is mostly used now?

Abaq

VIP
@Abaq mashallah but do Somalis in Ethiopia have there own telecoms or any other business company I know safaricom is mostly used now?
Somalis are just beginning to get involved in business in Ethiopia. As far as I know, there are no Somali telecoms currently. Ethiopia will soon go the way if Kenya iA. No one can compete with Somalis in business

Somalis are just beginning to get involved in business in Ethiopia. As far as I know, there are no Somali telecoms currently. Ethiopia will soon go the way if Kenya iA. No one can compete with Somalis in business
@Abaq somalis in Ethiopia should copy the ones in Kenya go live in and dominate Addis Ababa business and politically.

Abaq

VIP
Livestock industry development

With these developments and more, our share of the East African livestock trade will increase.

Trending