Culusow hints at banning Khat in response to Dadaab closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking in Mogadishu on Monday, Mohamud said the trade and consumption of the stimulant plant has a “devastating” on Somalis and must be banned. “Miraa has a devastating impact on society. We have a series of discussions and consultations and we agreed to end the trade of the narcotic leaf,” he said. “We will first act by reducing its trade and finally put an end to it."

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016...ts-total-ban-on-miraa-in-his-country_c1361051

Smart move if you ask me, Culusow is playing his cards right

This will probably hit the Kenyan economy in a way as Somalia accounts for 90% of its Khat export. The Kenyans are already suffering from the European ban, tan aan ugu darno :dabcasar:

He doesn't have the power to do that.

This is what I'd do, ban it, and whoever consumes/sells it, will be arrested until further notice. If the Khat still persists, i'll arrest every Major Khat Drug Lord, burn all the fields Khat are grown, and force the farmers to grow another crop. Simple Malawax.

With this solution in place you can negotiate, maybe half of Dabaab refugees be deported to Somalia, and Khat exports can also be reduced 50%.

this fool should not be alllowed to destroy the Kenyan economy after all we have done 4 Somalia. We need high level talks with that govt. Our government must protect our interests as a country. Cigarettes are more dangerous than miraa but because the global tobacco business is controlled from the West no one bans it. We need to stay firm and even institute tough sanctions on them if they dare mess up with our cash crop.

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts