Coffee Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
Good morning children. I have a sad and annoying story to tell you. So I'm on vacation in the US and I'm hanging out in Augusta, Maine, and yes there are Somalis there. Anyway, I was grabbing coffee this morning and while in line, this Somali man of a similar age is standing in front of me. He realizes I'm Somali and turns around for a short conversation. The prick REFUSES to speak Somali and sticks to his broken English, going on about 'boliis brutality' and Dhonal Traam. So I told him that I'm only recently learning about my culture and I put in a decade's worth of work learning
Somali. The khansiir sticks to English, apparently trying to impress the all-white coffee shop (it's Augusta, Maine). This made my blood boil as this man attempted to single handedly erase a decade's worth of work and repeat my dad's mistake of assimilating into white society. I can see another 44 year old khasaaro calling this man dad in 25 or so years. I tried to prevent it but I failed.

Good morning children. I have a sad and annoying story to tell you. So I'm on vacation in the US and I'm hanging out in Augusta, Maine, and yes there are Somalis there. Anyway, I was grabbing coffee this morning and while in line, this Somali man of a similar age is standing in front of me. He realizes I'm Somali and turns around for a short conversation. The prick REFUSES to speak Somali and sticks to his broken English, going on about 'boliis brutality' and Donal Traam. So I told him that I'm only recently learning about my culture and I put in a decade's worth of work learning
Somali. The khansiir sticks to English, apparently trying to impress the all-white coffee shop (it's Augusta, Maine). This made my blood boil as this man attempted to single handedly erase a decade's worth of work and repeat my dad's mistake of assimilating into white society. I can see another 44 year old khasaaro calling this man dad in 25 or so years. I tried to prevent it but I failed.
Question. Do you feel robbed of your real identity?

Etacovda S'lived

תחיה מדינת ישראל
Question. Do you feel robbed of your real identity?
I’m in a quandary sxb. I’m full Somali but I’m European in every other way. If I were half white, I’d have no problem adopting my white side of my identity. It’s just that my dad conspired with a white woman to make me white and I’ve been trying to foil it ever since.

Personally I think Ohio and Seattle have the most "normal" Somali population. Minnesota is a zoo and all the rest of the places have far too little Somali population to compare to

I was going to type the same thing in my original comment but I was like nah I don't want her to take it the wrong way loool , daygo girls are beautiful but I prefer the Bay Area over SoCal

Bay area is just as assimilated dude even more ghetto tbh
:bell:

I don't know if it's still there, I went to John Marshall.
:)

I remember going to field trips to San Diego zoo, old town, sea world, pacific beach. The best memories ever :)

Did you go to the one week field trip at balboa?
Ayyye I think it’s still there
You grew up in city heights :ftw9nwa:
I think all Somalis started off their
I went to Jackson elementary before we moved

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Yeah it was a week long trip, my memory is a bit fuzzy but it had a lasting effect on me. I am very thankful for those timeless experiences :)

I'm coming to visit in the spring! Can't wait.

What part of the city do u live? :)

So you came to America for vacation , but chose to vacation in Maine of all places???
Maine is a beautiful place. Lol its known as the Vacationland fam, it's even on the back of license plates.
maine-license.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.