BREAKING NEWS: Long time Communist Cuba leader Fidel Castro dead at age 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I am not aware of any pre -WSLF humans rights abuses. And i doesnt seem sound from a strategic viewpoint for Ethiopia to antagonise an ethnic group with no intention of armed revolt, especially one with close ties to a significant regional power. But if you could find a source that would be most useful. It would change my entire view of the war
The Ethiopians antagonized the Oromos for the past few centuries and Amhara-ised them.

But no, let's paint the Somalis as aggressors when this is what the Ethiopians were doing over 100 years ago to innocent Somalis, let alone recent history:

"The Abyssinian Emperor Menelik's Somali expedition, consisting of an army of 11,000 men, made a deep push into the vicinity of Luuq, which was ruled by the Somali Gabroon dynasty. However, his troops were soundly defeated by the Gabroon army, with only 200 soldiers returning alive. The Abyssinians subsequently refrained from further expeditions into the interior of Somalia, but continued to oppress the people in the Somali Ogaden region by plundering the nomads of their livestock numbering in the hundreds of thousands. The British blockade in firearms to the Somalis rendered the nomads in the Ogaden helpless against the armies of Menelik."

The Ethiopians antagonized the Oromos for the past few centuries and Amhara-ised them.

But no, let's paint the Somalis as aggressors when this is what the Ethiopians were doing over 100 years ago to innocent Somalis, let alone recent history:

"The Abyssinian Emperor Menelik's Somali expedition, consisting of an army of 11,000 men, made a deep push into the vicinity of Luuq, which was ruled by the Somali Gabroon dynasty. However, his troops were soundly defeated by the Gabroon army, with only 200 soldiers returning alive. The Abyssinians subsequently refrained from further expeditions into the interior of Somalia, but continued to oppress the people in the Somali Ogaden region by plundering the nomads of their livestock numbering in the hundreds of thousands. The British blockade in firearms to the Somalis rendered the nomads in the Ogaden helpless against the armies of Menelik."
Dervish sultanate was a long time ago. Do you have anything more recent? Preferably in the years leading up to the war.

Also forgive my iidoor cousins cynicism. They have lost more than most in this truly abysmal war

waraabe

Your superior
Dervish sultanate was a long time ago. Do you have anything more recent? Preferably in the years leading up to the war.

Also forgive my iidoor cousins cynicism. They have lost more than most in this truly abysmal war

Hargeisa and borama were bombed by Ethiopia in 60s, 70s and 80s. Lascanod, bosaso and gedo were safe of course

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

I posted a source showing that the Abyssinian's were the aggressors that started plundering the livestock of innocent nomads after they were humiliated on the battlefield by the Gabroon.

You were the one that stated that we started a war on aggression, but when I show you how far back since the Ethiopian's have been oppressing us, antagonizing, and trying to expand into our territory, you want something more recent? Why the change of the argument? The Amharas were still ruling and nothing changed until a few years up to the war (insignificant compared to how long their attacks ran for).

Just admit that you give no fucks about Somalia and that's the reason why you praise Fidel Castro whose soldiers he sent murdered your grandfathers.

I posted a source showing that the Abyssinian's were the aggressors that started plundering the livestock of innocent nomads after they were humiliated on the battlefield by the Gabroon.

You were the one that stated that we started a war on aggression, but when I show you how far back since the Ethiopian's have been oppressing us, antagonizing, and trying to expand into our territory, you want something more recent? Why the change of the argument? The Amharas were still ruling and nothing changed until a few years up to the war (insignificant compared to how long their attacks ran for).

Just admit that you give no fucks about Somalia and that's the reason why you praise Fidel Castro whose soldiers he sent murdered your grandfathers.
Sxb the habashis and the somalis have been going at eachother since antiquity it doesn't prove much. The reason I ask for more recent cases is so foreign observers could assess the situation and that would somehow give us more justification for launching an offensive. But as far as I know none of that took place so it is a war of aggression with the aim of expansionism.

And I care about somalia more than you would think. If it was up to me I wouldn't send those men to die over a dream. Instead I would pursue diplomatic ties with our neighbours so we can work towards economic prosperity. If the ogadenis wanted autonomy they shouldve gone about it in a smarter way through politics but they chose armed strife and they came up short.

By your logic we should hate Yemen and Libya too because they aided Dergs against us but that doesn't stop us from sharing a seat with them in the Arab union.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
@McLovin they can't hate Yemen lmfao most of their imaginary aabo are from there lmfao imaginary houthi aabos it will never enter their minds to hate Yemen heck have they even tried claim Socotra in the past... no..their imaginary aabos would've not like that would he.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
@McLovin they can't hate Yemen lmfao most of their imaginary aabo are from there lmfao imaginary houthi aabos it will never enter their minds to hate Yemen heck have they even tried claim Socotra in the past... no..their imaginary aabos would've not like that would he.
They've abandoned communism, they were a puppet and nothing more. The role of these Arabs either way was insignificant. But if their government was still the same, then I'd hate them just as much.

they were a puppet and nothing more
You think those 15000 Cuban soldiers randomly signed up to die in a semi arid plateaue in the Horn of Africa? Or were they following their soviet daddy's orders?

Also does this mean you would pardon the Cubans if they abandoned communism or do only your Arab daddies get that priveledge? :lolbron:

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
My question is why should the mistake of one Somali have an Impact on all Somalis? Your acting like people voted for him and go ahead pull the "He had a lot of support" card all you want because Marexan are not even 3% of Somali population.
Somalia might have end up very different if we stayed at K5 and didn't go past it, also nobody mentioned mareexan so you can chill with your paranoia.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I'm conflicted about him. I hate dictators and I don't like a lot of what he did. But I love the way he triggered America. He was a constant thorn in their side.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
You think those 15000 Cuban soldiers randomly signed up to die in a semi arid plateaue in the Horn of Africa? Or were they following their soviet daddy's orders?

Also does this mean you would pardon the Cubans if they abandoned communism or do only your Arab daddies get that priveledge? :lolbron:
South Yemen's (in case you forgot) insignificant support was nothing compared Cuba's tide shifting role in the war which included giving military equipment, providing 15,000 soldiers, training, commanding battles etc. Cuba was also among the main communist countries, whereas South Yemen and co were just puppets.

It's like Eritreans saying that Somalis are our enemies since Somaliland is in bed with Ethiopia today and hands over anyone they ask.

South Yemen's insignificant support was nothing compared Cuba's role tide shifting role in the war which included giving military equipment, providing 15,000 soldiers, training, commanding battles etc. Cuba was also among the main communist countries, whereas South Yemen and co were just puppets.
It's war, who said you're not allowed to have allies? Somalia had its allies too but they didn't care enough to send ground troops. And I don't blame them Siad Barre was a double crosser who changed alliances like the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending