Bosaso Port Upgrade Project

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
The 12-month project, which is expected to start in early 2023, will include the development of a 150-metre quay, as well as repairs to the current 215-metre quay. Other infrastructure will include the development of a new 3000 square metre container yard, and a 4000 square metre container stripping yard. The gate area to the port will also be upgraded to improve access control.

DP World internships for young professionals.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Damn we giving away our airport hotel to foreigners? they will collect hard dollars from transit passengers. Not a good move.

This is what the turks did to hamar, and we repeat it. This should be owned by locals.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Boosaaso: 23, Janaayo, 2023:

Madaxweynaha Dowladda Puntland Mudane Siciid Cabdullaahi Deni ayaa daahfuray dhammaystirka wejiga labaad ee Garoonka Diyaaradaha Boosaaso, waxaa la dhammaystiray dhismayaal muhiim ah iyo shaqooyinkale oo muhiim ah oo ay ka mid yihiin.

1. Runway Extention 800M
2. Runway End Safety Area 300M
3. Runway Lighting
4. Keenidda Gaadiidka Dabdamiska
5. Hanger Cusub 70x60M
6. Road Two way 2KM, 7M
7. Parking 200/300M
8. New Apron Cargo and Taxi way 150×150m
9. Fence 4 km
10. Koronto 24/7
11. Bannaynta wajahadda Garoonka
12. Dhismaha Xarunta Hawada
13. Contingency Area
14. Tayaynta Cidanka Garoonka
15. Tayaynta Agoonta Shaqaalaha
=DHAMMAAD=
XAFIISKA WARFAAFINTA MADAXTOOYADA DOWLADDA PUNTLAND.

Farm

VIP
Damn we giving away our airport hotel to foreigners? they will collect hard dollars from transit passengers. Not a good move.

This is what the turks did to hamar, and we repeat it. This should be owned by locals.
Novotel is a big French company. I don’t see how getting foreign investment is bad thing their hotel will look better than anything else in Somalia

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

327397632_583181379880121_6539630420524566149_n.jpg

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Novotel is a big French company. I don’t see how getting foreign investment is bad thing their hotel will look better than anything else in Somalia

Airport hotels is a money maker, transit ppl will stay there, foreigners, even diaspora. Why give hard currency to a dubai man who will bring his own ppl to have the top jobs while he swindles your customers, why not a puntite? I don't care for looks, but I want our critical industries say with puntite ownership or at least 'foreign/local' ownership share.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Farm I don't want PL to be Dubai where foreigners own everything and locals own nothing and just sit there waiting 4 welfare. That's not a sustainable model. We need our own industries owned by it's people and it's wealth.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Farm the best u will get is 'waiter, cleaner, security guard jobs' out of that airport hotel. Unskilled jobs that pay low.

Chefs/Managers won't be you. The dollars coming in will go str8 to a dubai account, with a small portion given in 'taxes'. Is that a good sustainable model to u?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Saudi realized that the 'welfare model' doesn't work, charity is dependence and doesn't create independence or any type of wealth. Charity in my opinion, I would ban it, no-one can get it exceept the disabled and old.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Kheyre I wish this was happening for HS also, I want as many federalist allies enjoying development so they see the system is genuine n works 4 all clans and this can help us all stop the centralist thugs wasting our time trying to send us back to a system that caused a civil war. Centralism all power concentrated in the hands of a '1 somali in 1 city in 1 govt' who by nature is an 'openly or secretly' a clannist by culture is a recipe for another civil war.

Kheyre think about it, why would a centralist HSM want to see HS develop? it would under-mine his govt, he will do everything in his power to keep u down n out and dependent on villa somalia. That's the truth, don't expect hamar wants your development. His already pissed off with PL/SL/JL being out of his reach, he will keep u firmly within his grip also, he doesn't want your independence(gobanimo). I wish Hawadle stand up and do wat SSC is doing and telling HSM to go jump.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
326391865_2452049534946489_7092992455772059751_n.jpg

Puntites. I hope this is 'phase 1' only. We better not be that stupid to just get DPWORLD completing Italy's container terminal and traded 30 year lease to DPworld collecting 'fees' on it.

Airport hotels is a money maker, transit ppl will stay there, foreigners, even diaspora. Why give hard currency to a dubai man who will bring his own ppl to have the top jobs while he swindles your customers, why not a puntite? I don't care for looks, but I want our critical industries say with puntite ownership or at least 'foreign/local' ownership share.

To add on that, I believe the state gov't should encourage (and initiate avenues for) the locals' to form investment vehicles, where locals can contribute and own shares in developing projects, such as pooled funds. From smaller investments to larger ones, e.g. the Garacad port. This will enable in a growing middle/upper class with homegrown assets (not limited to diasporas only), instead of people saving money in banks, as it will also encourage those that are sceptical of traditional investments involving interest (i.e. bank loans). It will also decrease certain actors (individuals & companies, locals and foreigners alike) from gaining monopoly, which is the norm in many sectors in SL. But nonetheless, a local is in many ways better than foreigners, if there are opportunities, allowing this to happen.

I'm not happy to hear a foreign owned hotel is coming to Bosaso. I want us to run our own hospitality industry.

This is the disadvantage of being a developing state/country. You want as much investments as possible, to develop your land and increase economic growth. But if there isn't local actors available to step in (generally speaking, which is the case in many sectors), the least you don't want do, is discourage investments coming from abroad. In any case, I hope they at least have a long-term plan on finding that balance, and not letting foreigners overrun the economy.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GaradShabeel I don't know how our locals will develop without bank loans, I seriously don't. Surely a bank loan with interest is better then charity n dependence. Surely the sheikhs have to see that it has better result with wealth being spread out, ppl owning assets, starting up businesess. How do u begin a business or buy a property without money first? ppl dont have capital sitting idly.

How can all this be ignored becuz of 'interest'? interests is simply small margin added to the loan, it's not ribbah where ppl r being robbed blindly or else no-one would take the loan. As for FDI, how do u develop money thru that? all of it is going abroad, while ur ppl r unemployed. I accept some industries will have foreign involvement but it should be 'partnership' model with Local.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'm not happy to hear a foreign owned hotel is coming to Bosaso. I want us to run our own hospitality industry.

Yes hospitality is the biggest industry in developed world, can't u cook n serve n house ppl in hotels, cafe, restaurants? it doesn't require much skill and if that is being FDI, I feel sorry 4 us. That should be main employment for the unskilled puntite.

As for every investor n investment, Puntland must apply a formula to see how it generates more work, wealth, across the local market. We want every dollar in the value chain to remain predominately in Puntland.

@GaradShabeel I don't know how our locals will develop without bank loans, I seriously don't. Surely a bank loan with interest is better then charity n dependence. Surely the sheikhs have to see that it has better result with wealth being spread out, ppl owning assets, starting up businesess. How do u begin a business or buy a property without money first? ppl dont have capital sitting idly.

How can all this be ignored becuz of 'interest'? interests is simply small margin added to the loan, it's not ribbah where ppl r being robbed blindly or else no-one would take the loan. As for FDI, how do u develop money thru that? all of it is going abroad, while ur ppl r unemployed. I accept some industries will have foreign involvement but it should be 'partnership' model with Local.

I understand you completely, but I have to take huge considerations to the reality. Somalis in PL, just like everywhere else are 'strictly' practicing muslims, in many regards. Interest is one repeated discouraged aspect I hear from many in the diaspora, let alone back home. I live in Scandinavia, so unlike many western countries many don't take loans for educational purposes, and if we do, wallahi it's very much frowned upon, and Somalis judge and look at you in a certain way. And avoid for this particular reason. Can't imagine how it's in an environment, where religion plays a huge role in the daily life. Also the general view here and what i hear from people is that all forms of interest are ribbah, and therefore abstain from it all together.

With that being said, in the beginning, it's mostly going to be business men/women engaging in investments with loans. However, as time goes by and institutional banking are being established, more people will most likely partake. Though honestly speaking, I personally have a hard time seeing this happening in the nearest future, but you seem much more optimistic than me. But what do you think of "Islamic banking"? since I've heard there are demands for it.

As far as FDI, I was thinking more basic infrastructure projects, where there're a greater focus atp. This will in turn ease, to create and establish businesses like an upgraded port. But, you right about the sharing formula, as I was referring to large scale projects.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts