Black Youtubers discuss Somali racial identity issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you won't put Persians and Arabs in the same category even tho they share borders and look identical. But you want to label a whole continent as "blacks"???but but the white man said..... I give 0 fuks about no white man. The white man used to count "black" Americans as 3/5 of a person do u see urself as a 3/5 of a person?? ur inferiority/insecurity is showing. Go on a Japanese online forum and tell them that Japanese and Chinese are the same cause after all they all are "yellow" people. Wallahi they will ban you faster than Usain bolts 100-meter dash run.

I bet you won't put Persians and Arabs in the same category even tho they share borders and look identical. But you want to label a whole continent as "blacks"???but but the white man said..... I give 0 fuks about no white man. The white man used to count "black" Americans as 3/5 of a person do u see urself as a 3/5 of a person?? ur inferiority/insecurity is showing. Go on a Japanese online forum and tell them that Japanese and Chinese are the same cause after all they all are "yellow" people. Wallahi they will ban you faster than Usain bolts 100-meter dash run.

100 percent agree with this statement, nothing more than facts. East Africans aren't even seen as being black by most other black people anyways, all of this begging for their attention and acceptance isn't going work either.

100 percent agree with this statement, nothing more than facts. East Africans aren't even seen as being black by most other black people anyways, all of this begging for their attention and acceptance isn't going work either.
When I visited Sudan I was shooked at how different northern and southern Sudanese looked. The white man will label both as "blacks" but I can instantly tell whos from north Sudan and whos from south Sudan. Should I believe my own eyes or the white man....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and yet people will call me crazy if I start calling them the "yellow" people.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone but I look nothing like the south/west Africans, therefore, I refuse to be labeled with them.

When I visited Sudan I was shooked at how different northern and southern Sudanese looked. The white man will label both as "blacks" but I can instantly tell whos from north Sudan and whos from south Sudan. Should I believe my own eyes or the white man....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and yet people will call me crazy if I start calling them the "yellow" people.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone but I look nothing like the south/west Africans, therefore, I refuse to be labeled with them.
That’s because they’re both East Asians and have similar genetic make up

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why is it that somalis aren't jobless and make endless videos about the hotep,ancient greek, roman, moorish, ancient arab and isralite identity crisis of the black community?

Never once seen it. Must be some weird obsession thing.

:patrice:

Fun thread. I don't mind others calling me Black in the West though it's a little irritating but I'm definitely not identifying as one myself.

I agree that Twitter Somalis and Swedish/North American/Londoners need to stop embarrassing us though

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
@Duchess @Manafesto and @Kingcobra I think it's more nuanced than just being black or not

Sure we're "black" at a rudimentary level but I never find myself concerned with the black community since Somalis have our own distinct one.

The same way Carribeans and AAs actually distinguish themselves from one another despite being the exact same ethnicity. Somalis have our own distinct community with a language and culture and this is backed by phenotypes not the distance between the US and Carribean islands.

Call a Chinese person Yellow or lump them with Koreans and Japanese together and see how quickly you'll get corrected. Call them East Asian and they're content.

Here's my experience as someone who grew up in an Cadaan area. Everyone knew me as Somali, I was one of two Somali kids in High School the other was my younger brother. I was the "somali kid" not just another "black kid".

No one would call me black before they'd say Somali. I was chill with the 5-6 maadow kids in my grade and they accepted me and we got along well. There's something we share as Africans and I can never deny my skin tone unlike a lot of other people on this thread.

I prefer African since being called black is degrading since it just boils down your identity to a simple skin tone.

Some American maadows and Carribeans can't call themselves African and there's a weird inferiority complex they have towards the rest of us because of their history.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@Duchess got 19 pages in 6 hours. She's one of the very few OGs who still got it. I believe @Abdalla also delivers plats but he comes at a distant second.

:damedamn:

I thought I had a banging thread with the screaming family at the parking lot but it only produced 5 or 6 pages the other day.

:kendrickcry:

I’ll be sure to share my winning formula with you.:lolbron:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts