Birth plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if you ladies could share your thoughts on the following;

Did you have a birth plan? Did you opt for pain relief? What type of birth did you have? (hospital, home etc) Are/were you pro- or anti- epidural? Who did you have there with you for support? Did you nurse and for how long?

If the questions are too private, please feel free to respond via PM.

I've been told that labour hurts and it is unpredictable and that I need to keep an open mind. But I also feel I need to have a sense of control and be in charge of my birthing experience. The worst case scenario would be having an emergency C-section. I'm praying it goes well - slightly anxious already lol.

@Canuck, @yas/London @Ruqiya and the rest of you beautiful xaliimos feel free to weigh in..

Seoul

. . .
I have dealt with mothers who have had epidurals and to be honest if I was you I wouldn't go for it. Theres a risk of paralysis and have seen it myself happen to a few ladies. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you inshallah. I've got a friend who's had a water birth and apparently that helps and is relaxing. Have your hubby there. He needs to see the pain you are going through, break his hand if u need to lol.

I have dealt with mothers who have had epidurals and to be honest if I was you I wouldn't go for it. Theres a risk of paralysis and have seen it myself happen to a few ladies. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you inshallah. I've got a friend who's had a water birth and apparently that helps and is relaxing. Have your hubby there. He needs to see the pain you are going through, break his hand if u need to lol.

I'm actually anti-epidural. I have two friends who had epidural and they had a good experience with it, but it differs for every person.

Water birth sounds great. I want a home birth, but not everyone is too keen on that. Yes, he will be there, taas waa qasab lol

Seoul

. . .
I'm actually anti-epidural. I have two friends who had epidural and they had a good experience with it, but it differs for every person.

Water birth sounds great. I want a home birth, but not everyone is too keen on that. Yes, he will be there, taas waa qasab lol
Yes it does differ but I wouldn't risk it personally. Home birth on the other hand is lovely and you're in an environment you feel comfortable but I have seen first hand how it can turn into a nightmare. I've seen baby who had a difficult home birth and ended up being resuscitated by the father and came to hospital. He was on long term respiratory support. I would deliver at a hospital where there's people there with the right equipment and expertise if anything should go wrong babe.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You're going to be the type to faint next to your wife while she's pushing lol
This will be me, catching them all by her side
pokemon-go-birth.jpg

Yes it does differ but I wouldn't risk it personally. Home birth on the other hand is lovely and you're in an environment you feel comfortable but I have seen first hand how it can turn into a nightmare. I've seen baby who had a difficult home birth and ended up being resuscitated by the father and came to hospital. He was on long term respiratory support. I would deliver at a hospital where there's people there with the right equipment and expertise if anything should go wrong babe.

It is quite risky, but I was always anti-epidural. I will have to survive on gas and air no matter how bad the pain gets. No other pain relief, inshaAllah I want it to be as natural as possible.

Are you a midwife sis? The stories are scary, subhanallah. I will end up in a hospital for my own peace of mind, lol. Thank you sis for the support/advice.

Darling please stop watching shit online, it will only make it worse!!
You will never know what happens in birth until you give birth yourself Xxx

Seoul

. . .
It is quite risky, but I was always anti-epidural. I will have to survive on gas and air no matter how bad the pain gets. No other pain relief, inshaAllah I want it to be as natural as possible.

Are you a midwife sis? The stories are scary, subhanallah. I will end up in a hospital for my own peace of mind, lol. Thank you sis for the support/advice.
Just think of it this way...every woman will go through this and millions have gone through it and have survived. A few mins after delivering your bundle of joy, you'll forget about the pain.

I'm wondering if you ladies could share your thoughts on the following;

Did you have a birth plan? Did you opt for pain relief? What type of birth did you have? (hospital, home etc) Are/were you pro- or anti- epidural? Who did you have there with you for support? Did you nurse and for how long?

If the questions are too private, please feel free to respond via PM.

I've been told that labour hurts and it is unpredictable and that I need to keep an open mind. But I also feel I need to have a sense of control and be in charge of my birthing experience. The worst case scenario would be having an emergency C-section. I'm praying it goes well - slightly anxious already lol.

@Canuck, @yas/London @Ruqiya and the rest of you beautiful xaliimos feel free to weigh in..

Sorry I can not help you, I had C section which was easy, clean and Of course I had to take the epidural. But do not bring your husband to natural birth(gross scene ) best of luck and speed recovery and congrats

Just think of it this way...every woman will go through this and millions have gone through it and have survived. A few mins after delivering your bundle of joy, you'll forget about the pain.

True, true. For most of us our mothers, grandmothers etc gave birth without medical assistance or antenatal care or after care. I'm fretting about the million things that could go wrong, not so much the pain. I have to put my trust in Allah swt and trust the healthcare professionals as they know what they're doing. My midwife has been very supportive and lovely, alhamdulillah.

We must forget about the pain, 'cause I don't know how else some women be having 8 kids. Lol. Thanks again sis.

Status
Not open for further replies.