Berbera Port Construction Project

Locals as Somalis not illegal cheap labour from Ethiopia

Can confirm.

Went to wajaale in SL/k5 border several years ago and all of the businesses are owned by Somalis but (anecdotally) most of the labourers and porters were oromo:mugshotman:

We live in a globalised world now and even closed off north Korea gets tourists but why does Somaliland, a country with over %70 youth unemployment importing foreigners?:faysalwtf:

Can confirm.

Went to wajaale in SL/k5 border several years ago and all of the businesses are owned by Somalis but (anecdotally) most of the labourers and porters were oromo:mugshotman:

We live in a globalised world now and even closed off north Korea gets tourists but why does Somaliland, a country with over %70 youth unemployment importing foreigners?:faysalwtf:

They are not importing any workers but the illegal immigrants Ethiopians (Oromo and habashi) are getting the jobs because they are paid less than Somalis. The business owners are greedy and selfish. Beside these illegal immigrants are send by their country Ethiopia to change Somalia demography. I find weird that all these people come to Somalia that is suffering from famine and drought.

They are not importing any workers but the illegal immigrants Ethiopians (Oromo and habashi) are getting the jobs because they are paid less than Somalis. The business owners are greedy and selfish. Beside these illegal immigrants are send by their country Ethiopia to change Somalia demography. I find weird that all these people come to Somalia that is suffering from famine and drought.

We have a lot of oromo spies in Somalia. Some of them are are fine workers who are taxi drivers , own shops ( I don't mind them)

but i've seen an increasing amount of labour workers who are mostly spies.

We should deport the illegal ones and let the hard workers stay.

Gambar

VIP

Somali businesses should incentivize Somali employees. I don't buy the excuse that Somalis don't want these jobs.

We have a lot of oromo spies in Somalia. Some of them are are fine workers who are taxi drivers , own shops ( I don't mind them)

but i've seen an increasing amount of labour workers who are mostly spies.

We should deport the illegal ones and let the hard workers stay.

Even their hard workers should leave to semi rich countries like Kenya & Tanzania not Somalia that suffers from famine. Our youth are in need of these jobs.

Somali businesses should incentivize Somali employees. I don't buy the excuse that Somalis don't want these jobs.

@Canuck the last time i visited wajaale was in 2013 and i believe there wasn't a drought in that year.

However, you're probably right that some are even coming in to the country now despite a severe drought.

@dhulbahante Wajaale isn't a large town (although it is a busy trading centre with many stacked warehouses) so it isn't as many Ethiopians as you think and the situation isn't that bad in the larger cities like Hargeisa and Burco.

And yeah they aren't bad per se. My greedy (he really is) dad's cousin owned a medium sized warehouse in wajaale and he employed an oromo who strikingly looked Somali.

This oromo also spoke Somali fluently (prob a spy lol) and he knew a good amount of English (said we wants to be an English teacher). He also took me through a tour of the town and the masjid and he was rather kind.

@Gambar You're right.

My dad's greedy cous is a good example as he straight up said they (Somalis and oromos) work hard but he can pay the oromos cheaper. (Like a few SL shilling notes cheaper)

You can eat fish in your dusty villages
We have the best fruits in Somaliland our land is the best :banderas:
images (6).jpg

images (5).jpg

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/f...fc02290f/ab4b5aa7-3413-4c00-95a1-64754edca939

Good Quote from the FM of the UAE
Turkey has also recently opened a military base in Somalia, in the southern capital, Mogadishu, which it is using to train troops in the fight against a
habaab.

There should be no need for rivalry among foreign powers in Somalia however, according to the ambassador for the UAE in the UK, Hamid Almazroui.

"We are all working on a common goal - the destruction of al-Shabaab, so why should there be rivalry?"
1200px-United_Arab_Emirates_Air_Force.svg.png

UAE.jpg

Mabrouk :qri8gs7:

ولا تزال القاعدة قيد الإنشاء، لكن السفن البحرية الإماراتية قد رست في مياه ميناء بربرة العميقة.
https://rassd.com/207199.htm
UAE navy has arrived!
920168221114746.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the US created alshabab, I'm not comfortable with these foreign governments having military based, on Somali soil.

There's something sinister behind it, and all that glitters isn't gold!
:farole:

Yeah the US created alshabab, I'm not comfortable with these foreign governments having military based, on Somali soil.

There's something sinister behind it, and all that glitters isn't gold!
:farole:

Stop being so gloomy, this is an amazing opportunity to get some much needed lacaag and presence

Trending