Believing in Darwinism is Kufr.

Imaam Abdul Azeez Bin Baaz [rahimahullaah] stated regarding the belief that the origin of the human is an ape:

This statement is evil, falsehood, an opposition to the Book of Allaah [The Mighty and Majestic], an opposition to the Sunnah of Allaah’s Messenger [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] and an opposition to the consensus of the pious predecessors of this Ummah. This statement is well known from Darwin and he is a liar regarding that which he has stated; rather the origin of the human being is his well-known state – neither an ape nor other than it, rather he was created as a rational human being from earth and that is our father Aadam [peace and blessings be upon him], just as Allaah [The Exalted] said:

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الإِنسَانَ مِنْ سُلالَةٍ مِنْ طِينٍ

And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). [Surah al-Muminoon. Aayah 12]

It is obligated on a servant to believe that Aadam was not an ape and that Aadam’s [alayhis salaam] origin is the same as what the human being is at present – neither an ape nor other than it. The statement that his original state was that of an ape is an evil statement and falsehood; rather if it is stated that the one who utters this statement has committed Kufr, then that would be considered a good reason for saying so. What is clearer – and Allaah knows best – is that the one who utters this statement [i.e. that Aadam’s origin is an ape] whilst knowing that which the Sharee’ah has brought regarding this affair, then he is a kaafir, because he has belied Allaah, belied Allaah’s Messenger and belied the Book of Allaah regarding the creation of Aadam.

Imaam Muhammad Bin Saaleh Al-Uthaymeen [rahimahullaah] stated that it is tantamount to disbelief in Allaah to believe that the origin of the human being is an ape because it is a denial of the noble Qur’aan and the consensus of the Muslims [i.e. the scholars].

Al-Allaamah Muqbil Bin Haadee Al-Waadi’ee [rahimahullaah] stated about the theory of evolution: “This theory is considered Kufr".

(btw I do not support spubs, there are serious issues with spubs, I do not support them but I also don't think these translations are fake)

Ruling on Muslim who believes in Darwin's theory of evolution​

"In regard to the general ruling, whoever believes in Darwin's theory of evolution is denying Allah and His Messenger
 sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention )
. There is no doubt that this is Kufr (disbelief)."

Question​

There are people who say that long ago man was a monkey and he evolved. Is this true? Is there any evidence?.

Answer​

Praise be to Allah.
This view is not correct, and the evidence for that is that Allaah has described in the Qur’aan the stages of the creation of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]
This dust was moistened until it became sticky mud or clay that stuck to the hands. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12]
“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”
[al-Saaffaat 37:12]
Then it became dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud”
[al-Hijr 15:26]
Then when it dried it became sounding clay like the clay of pottery. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery”
[al-Rahmaan 55:14]
Then Allaah moulded it into the form that He wanted and breathed into him (his) soul created by Him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Truly, I am going to create man from clay’.
So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him”
[Saad 38:71-72]
These are the stages through which the creation of Adam passed according to the Qur’aan. As for the stages of creation which the progeny of Adam pass through, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).
Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).
Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]
With regard to the wife of Adam – Hawwa’ (Eve) – Allaah tells us that He created her from him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women”
[al-Nisa’ 4:1]

Source: From Fataawa Al-Lajnah Al-Daa’imah, 1/31

Now- I understand that there are some people who do not believe in the Quran. But from the standpoint of people who believe in the Quran, this darwinism thing should be completely out of the question. Anyone that is calling to this Darwinism thing is calling towards kufr. Being a murtad or going dangerously close to murtad territory does not make a person an intellectual.

I am not making takfir of any specific person or persons. insha'Allah, a person spreading this falsehood is ignorant and excused due to ignorance. but people should be aware that anyone calling towards this is calling towards kufr.

Darwinism is not that we come from 'apes' but that we share a common ancestor, with this organism living around 8 million years ago, is it that baffling. We look similar to apes in certain aspects such as the way our hands and feet work. Or the fact that we have vestigial body parts like the tailbone or tendons and muscles in our arms which were once useful for hanging on trees. Look it up?

Darwinism is not that we come from 'apes' but that we share a common ancestor, with this organism living around 8 million years ago, is it that baffling. We look similar to apes in certain aspects such as the way our hands and feet work. Or the fact that we have vestigial body parts like the tailbone or tendons and muscles in our arms which were once useful for hanging on trees. Look it up?

according to Darwinism, we come from apes. I am not going to read some whole library of books on the subject, I am not going to spend years and years learning every detail of this stuff but I know we came from apes according to Darwinism.

ok I have found the official Darwinian nitpicking....

"Darwin said that monkeys, apes and humans must have a common ancestor because of our great similarities compared to other species"

ok so we come from some earlier version of monkeys or whatever.... according to this theory... this is just nitpicking

"checkmate, theists! Darwinism says we came from proto-monkeys, not monkeys"... whatever, this is just nitpicking, this is frivolous, it makes no difference whether we say monkeys or proto-monkeys

Last edited:
ok I have found the official Darwinian nitpicking....

"Darwin said that monkeys, apes and humans must have a common ancestor because of our great similarities compared to other species"

ok so we come from some earlier version of monkeys or whatever.... according to this theory... this is just nitpicking

"checkmate, theists! Darwinism says we came from proto-monkeys, not monkeys"... whatever, this is just nitpicking, this is frivolous, it makes no difference whether we say monkeys or proto-monkeys
Bro you can be a theist and believe in darwinian evolution. The two do not conflict, I also believe in a higher power believe it or not. Laakiin, waxyaabo badan baan is kugu dhowahayn xayawaanada. As I mentioned earlier, we have a lot of useless vestigial bodyparts in our body that we no longer need and they have no particular purpose. Living organisms are constantly adapting albeit extremely slowly. I respect your viewpoint and I understand that you may not accept it. It's interesting to hear others perspectives nonetheless.

Bro you can be a theist and believe in darwinian evolution. The two do not conflict, I also believe in a higher power believe it or not. Laakiin, waxyaabo badan baan is kugu dhowahayn xayawaanada. As I mentioned earlier, we have a lot of useless vestigial bodyparts in our body that we no longer need and they have no particular purpose. Living organisms are constantly adapting albeit extremely slowly. I respect your viewpoint and I understand that you may not accept it. It's interesting to hear others perspectives nonetheless.

"you can be a theist and believe in darwinian evolution"

I don't know, maybe it is compatible with Hinduism or such-and-such other religions.

But all this is besides the point. Whether a person can be Hindu or believe some other religion and also believe in Darwinism... or whether Darwinism says we came from monkeys or proto-monkeys... all of that is besides the point of this thread. All of that is besides the point that this thread is making. These are irrelevant and have no bearing as to whether believing in Darwinism is kufr or not- and it is kufr.

now if we want to have some side conversation as to whether people who worship Zeus or something or people who believe in New Age hippie philosophy can believe in Darwinism.... I mean... sure. I guess some hippie for example can pray to an "earth goddess" while also believing we came from monkeys or proto-monkeys.

but myself, I am not really concerned with what other religions think. and there are.... countless other religions out there, no one can really keep track of every one. if you think there is some other religion out there that makes more sense than Islam, let's talk about it and insha'Allah we can illustrate how Islam is superior, as Islam is superior to every single other religion that exists. some person maybe thinks Islam, buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, etc. are all equal to each other. but when you really look into these other religions, if you use sound reasoning, you can see that all the other religions are inferior to Islam.

and of course a person making up their own religion.... that person is just going to be following their desires and then making up their own religion based around their desires. the only right way is Islam.

I researched this topic heavily and there isn't strong evidence we have a common ancestor, its the God of the gaps argument, they can't find a reason for us having common genes or for different species existing at different times so they use evolution to fill in the gaps, even though there are inconsistencies in the theory which dont expalin it

we have a lot of useless vestigial bodyparts in our body that we no longer need and they have no particular purpose.
the thing is we don't know it doesn't have a purpose bc we dont know everything about the human body yet, 100 years ago people would have thought many parts of our body was useless

actualy according to evolution white ppl are closer to apes as they are more hairy than black people and apes are more hairy therefore white peple are more similar according to them in their characteristics, i think neil degrasse tyson made a video on it on youtube
That's not how it works. White people developed hairiness to survive the cold. I can say west Africans are closest to apes based on appearance, not to mention their ghost DNA 🦍.

Trending