Barkhad Abdi To Be In New Movie!

His acting skills is better than any extra type cast actors.

You’re just hating on my man. Fix up
:mjdontkno:
I’m sure he’s making bank that’s all that really matters
Pay Day Money GIF by TRT

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
He was also in a film called good times with Robert Patterson as a security guard. He could easily be a good indie actor if he dedicates himself, but he also needs to brake out of these typecast roles he gets.

He should really collaborate with Black directors.

Directors levels like Spike lee (don’t know if he’s still directing). White directors don’t seem give good PR to some ethnic groups.

It’d be nice to see him collaborate with Spike and other successful black directors.

Directors levels like Spike lee (don’t know if he’s still directing). White directors don’t seem give good PR to some ethnic groups.

It’d be nice to see him collaborate with Spike and other successful black directors.
Probably only interested in FBA’s. I can imagine an uproar if Barkhad became the new Denzel and the white media labeled him a great ‘black’ actor getting slave roles or playing MLK:drakelaugh:

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Probably only interested in FBA’s. I can imagine an uproar if Barkhad became the new Denzel and the white media labeled him a great ‘black’ actor getting slave roles or playing MLK:drakelaugh:

He won't become the new Denzel. Bro kind of ugly so I wouldn't really expect any good roles given to him.

If we had some more good looking Somali male actors Madows would definitely give us some decent roles. We've gotten along with them on the entertainment side(mainly with YouTube so far lool).

We just need more young somalis to pursue acting. Older gen Z and young millennials got hoed because most of the ones that were interested in acting were discouraged by their parents. That's why were stuck with YouTubers currently.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP

100%

I'd like to see him do something out there. Even if it doesn't work out I think it'll break this chain of playing a form of African refugee stereotype. If I was him I'd talk to my agent and make sure that I look out for roles no matter how minor that are new. Build some connections and reinvent myself.

You know why they're mad, because these little qajacs go on cadaan websites, to ask other men to rate their looks, and they also cry about their features (whilst looking perfectly normal). Waa wax jiran oo kalsoonida ka maqanyahay, ilaahay ha caafiyo. I wish we had a normal government, and they were forced into military training. That would sort their issues out very quickly.

Sending love to Barkhad even though I do wish all Somalis stayed out of that demonic Hollyweird. But I hate how insecure Somalis dogpile on him, as if all Somali males have to look like supermodels. Shaqo yeesha oo ninkaan islaameed nabad galiya.
They simply had to choose from the right demographic for such actor to begin with and we wouldn’t have all of these stereotypes but it happened anyways.

100%

I'd like to see him do something out there. Even if it doesn't work out I think it'll break this chain of playing a form of African refugee stereotype. If I was him I'd talk to my agent and make sure that I look out for roles no matter how minor that are new. Build some connections and reinvent myself.

Barkhad Abdi is very talented man. He made it to fame and is sleeping on the excess of over 100 million USD. Somalis should get a life and let the man do his thing.

Barkhad should establish a studio and transition into a film production/directing path focused on Somali acting, affording himself roles while actively growing a market need. I think the lack of English accent proficiency severely limits his growth. Acting in Somali would empower him in front of the screen and give him a sense of presence, exercising the range beyond the constraints placed upon him now. His options are to pick insignificant cameo roles in large movies that happen a couple of times within a decade or get pushed to the margins on the amateur scene, where he takes roles that never pay enough, struggling in mediocrity. He can do more if he learns to harness his strength instead of working a way out of a severe disadvantage.

That is just my thought. But hey, what do I know, right?:icon lol:

Trending