Barawani girl is confused by her DNA test results

Apollo

VIP
It's true. Carab Saalax are Meheri-Al-Mahra Arabs. That's why the Sultan of the Al-Mahra Sultanate of Yemen and Socotra was present at the Boqor of Majeerteen's inauguration.

CC1n8e_W8AANZ1m.jpg

Most of the Arab Salah in Puntland are extremely Somali when it comes to their complete ancestry (not just paternal lineage).

I am part 1/8th Arab Salah, but only score Somali on 23andMe, lol.

The Arab Salah are ethnic Somalis with J1.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Autosomally (this means the entire genome/entire ancestry, not just direct paternal lineage), the Arab Salah are 99% Somali. The only thing Arab about them is their J1 Arab paternal lineage, but everything else is standard Somali. IMO, they are just ethnic Somalis at this point.

Their clan was established by a single Yemeni male. Not an entire tribe moving to Somalia.

Benadiris on the other hand descend from a big group of Asiatic merchant communities who settled along Southern Somalia's coast. So that's why they have much more Asian ancestry when it comes to their autosomes.

Interesting, that's probably why most of the CS I have met can pass as Somali.

Also, is it possible that a lot of the Asian ancestry that benadiris have is from the colonial period rather than some medieval traders?

Apollo

VIP
Interesting, that's probably why most of the CS I have met can pass as Somali.

Also, is it possible that a lot of the Asian ancestry that benadiris have is from the colonial period rather than some medieval traders?

It is almost all from before the 1700s.

Most of the Arab Salah in Puntland are extremely Somali when it comes to their complete ancestry (not just paternal lineage).

I am part 1/8th Arab Salah, but only score Somali on 23andMe, lol.

The Arab Salah are ethnic Somalis with J1.

I always wondered if Majeerteens who are MJ on both sides, such as Jawahir Ahmed and Politician Cirro, look this way because of Carab Salax DNA? Or can a pure Somali phenotype also pass for Asian/Arab?

Cirro

images

250px-Abdullah_Ahmed_Irro.jpg

Jawahir Ahmed

images

Apollo

VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow

Those looks also exist naturally in full blood Somalis, albeit a bit rare. I haven't seen much evidence of the Arab Salah being mixed race.

It just takes 7 generations to dilute foreign admixture to under 2%. This happened with the Arab Salah.

ancestor: 100% their Yemeni ancestor.
2nd generation: 50%
3rd: 25%
4th: 12.5%
5th: 6.25%
6th: 3.125%
7th: 1.56% the level of Yemeni autosomal ancestry Arab Salahs living in Somalia have, very negligible.

Benadiris came to Somalia as families with wives which kept their Asian origins high. Arab Salahs, likely just one Yemeni patriarch/founder, not really the same thing.

It was a subtype of Iranian that lived in Iran before they spoke Indo-European (current Iranian languages). So a few thousand years ago. Anthropologists call this population ''Iranian Neolithic''. I think they looked more like Ahmadinejad than like some of the paler Iranians like Rouhani.

The Dravidian language family is probably related to Sumerian (one of the first Mesopotamian civilizations). This is where the bulk of the ANI / Iranian Neolithic ancestry in Pakistan and India comes from. Those people also developed the Indus Valley Civilization. The ''Aryan'' take over of India had a much smaller effect % wise.

PS. The Somali Dir who have paternal haplogroup T descend from the Iranian Neolithic population as well. So there is some super ancient distant tie between Somalis and Dravidians, haha.

This dude talking out of his a** :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:. No such thing as Iranian Neolithic population, keep trying to push your bull.

Apollo

VIP
This dude talking out of his a** :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:. No such thing as Iranian Neolithic population, keep trying to push your bull.

Here you go, retard, instead of providing evidence to the contrary you leave a brain dead comment.

Neolithic Iranians are not similar to any modern population:

emss-70186-f002.jpg

All of the Arab Salah I've seen just look Somalis no different. And the barawnis are different, some look mixed with bantus and others look straight up Desi.

Here you go, retard, instead of providing evidence to the contrary you leave a brain dead comment.

Neolithic Iranians are not similar to any modern population:

emss-70186-f002.jpg

There were no Iranians in neolithic times in Iran. They came there around the 7th century B.C. But keep pushing your pseudoscience.

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
There were no Iranians in neolithic times in Iran. They came there around the 7th century B.C. But keep pushing your pseudoscience.

... Oh dear. He means Neolithic inhabitants of Iran. Not that they spoke Iranian which indeed came to Iran from the steppes during the historical era. Are you claiming that there were no Neolithic inhabitants of what is now Iran? For real?

... Oh dear. He means Neolithic inhabitants of Iran. Not that they spoke Iranian which indeed came to Iran from the steppes during the historical era. Are you claiming that there were no Neolithic inhabitants of what is now Iran? For real?

They won't Iranians, they were Elamites and others. When you say Iranians, your talking about Indo-European people who moved into that area between the 1000BC and 700BC.

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
They won't Iranians, they were Elamites and others. When you say Iranians, your talking about Indo-European people who moved into that area between the 1000BC and 700BC.

Okay, what do you want scholars and Apollo to call them? There isn't any other name for the Iranian Plateau, walaal. Don't be dense. Neolithic Iranians just means the Neolithic inhabitants of what is now Iran even though we all know they didn't speak Iranian languages. And no, they wouldn't have been Elamites or Kassites or anything like that. This is thousands of years even before those groups were a thing. These would have been their ancestors.

She looks full somali, yet she only 16.5% Somali and only 37.7% Horn African, the rest are majority Asian and Arab with minor bantu! I seen barwanis who look full Arab/Mediterranean. So why does she look typical somali?

Apollo

VIP

Congrats on proving the IQ 68 meme.

Iran was being used as a geographic descriptor. It was not in reference to the Indo-Aryans. Stop embarrassing yourself any further.

Indians are mixed race also, but between two Eurasian groups. People who looked like Iranians mixed with wavy haired versions of the Andamanese*. Northwest Indians are much closer to the Iranians (75%), while Tamils are like 60% Ancient Iranian, 40% local Paleo-Indian.

*The Andaman islanders left India 30,000 years ago and evolved into having kinky hair, but I don't think the black Paleolithic Indians had kinky hair.

I dont think Andamanese evolved into kinky hair.
AASI were different, they were probably mixed between an Andamanese-like population + Australoid + Proto Caucasoid population, I wish they study more about AASI population. Andamanese and AASI have different ydna, Andamanese have ydna D while group with high AASI have ydna H (which was found in Paleolithic Europe) and for some of them ydna C (which are found among Australian Aboriginal).
Kinky hair is still found is tribal population like the Paniya (who have the highest AASI %):
wvGt0bf.jpeg

ykXf1jQ.jpg

For the Iranian, Apollo is right. The Iranian component in Indian were Hunter Gatherer from the Zagros mountain.Based on WC1 individual they were likely a Dark skinned Caucasoid population (well not dark like the Andamanese or AASI like population, but still darker than the actual Iranian or Balochi). These people migrated like 10000 ago in South Asia, they mixed with the AASI to create ASI. Their offspiring created farming in their area and the Indus Valley Civilisation (who where like 3/4 Iranian HG 1/4 AASI, based on the Rakhigarhi paper).
People like the Balochi are 50% Iranian HG, and today in Southern Iran among isolate Balochi population (the ones who dont have SSA dna) or even in Afghanistan, its not rare to see dark skinned Balochi like the little girl in red dress from an isolated community in Iran
IMG_20210714_212739_627.jpg

6571529N0eTNSQ (1).jpg

From Afghanistan
IMG_20210714_212744_964.jpg

Btw I need to find that study of Dilawer from EurasianDNA who stated that Iranian HG pigmentation based on 200 SNP, were similar to the South Asian.

Last edited:

Trending