Awdal state welcomes Ethiopia to take over Zeila port

IMG_2141.jpeg

What do you guys think? Will this harm or benefit Awdal? Don’t forget to like comment and subscribe

Nin123

Somali supremacist
VIP
View attachment 299109

What do you guys think? Will this harm or benefit Awdal? Don’t forget to like comment and subscribe
In few years somalia will cease to exist walhy awdal is first then others will follow. Somalis can’t rule them selves for more than 30+ years didn’t have functioning government lol culusow going to begging tour around the world and after steeling it 😂 what a joke country.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Ethiopia has its eyes on the Eritrean port so they can get to the red sea and control trade in and out of the area. I don't know how much Abiy would want to deal with quarrelsome somalis when he has a region that was once historically theirs.

Awdalite

Araabi
Dr Beyle, Ethiopia, the African Development Bank and Somaliland have all signed off the Lawyacado - Fardaha - Borama Road project. The Ministry of Transport and Road Development in Somaliland signed it off already and published a 178 page document detailing everything about the road.

"The above mentioned road project will be part of the strategic link between Ethiopia, and Djubouti. The road is expected to solve the prevailing nationwide transportation cost, transportation efficiency and serve as strategic link between Somaliland, Ethiopia and Djibouti. The Lowyaddo-Farddaha-Borama road project starts at Lowyaddo town, which is located in North East direction of part of the republic of Somaliland. The end point of the project is at the Borama town which is the capital of the state of the Awdal Region and it is located around 118 km West of Hargeissa within the Republic of Somaliland."

This road is partly being funded by Ethiopia and therefore will be their road to Saylac:

Screenshot_20230311_055705_Drive.jpg

The route taken will be the biggest project ever undertaken on Gadabursi traditional territory. Ethiopia will definitely benefit and they will enjoy every privilege just like they do in Berbera.

Who is running the show on the ground?

Samaroon Ministers from Djibouti Somaliland and Ethiopia:

3_9_2020_AGRI_S_2.jpg

Mohamed Ahmed Awaleh -Djiboutian Minister of Agriculture, Livestock, & Fisheries (Samaroon)

FdgvCVtXkAEWPyY.jpg

Ahmed Buhane - Somaliland Minister of Planning and National Development (Samaroon)

images.jpeg.jpg

Kamal Hashi - Ethiopian Federal Minister and Member of the Ethiopian House of Representatives for Araabi (Awbare, Harawo and Dambal - Samaroon)

What does this mean in real terms without all the politics? Win win. Ethiopia can get a port and the people can have a real economy going. Everyone wins.

Last edited:

mohammdov

Nabidoor
Many Somalis consider themselves Ethiopians, and even those who live within the borders of Somalia. Take a look on Facebook. You will find many happy with this. They want to be part of Ethiopia. This country has no future.

View attachment 299109

Djibouti and ciise will never allow this. SL will also undermine this as much as possible. I think the diaspora movement are just grasping at straws. Also why are these monkeys working overtime to give Ethiopia access to the ocean when you can charge them billions a year??

I always ask myself why Gadabuursi are subordinate to Isaaq and Ciise and don't benefit from their strategic location.
Don't they have access to the sea between Isaaq and Ciise? I heard the reason is they are badly divided into a coastal pro SL like maxamed Case and pro Awdal State from Boorama. They are competing on vice president currently held by Saylici besides Isaaq-Ciise Jeegaan against them in Saylac.

Last edited:

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
The statement concluded that any talks about port access can go through the SFG. However I think it's foolish that we continue to uphold this idea of "cushitic brotherhood". We're brothers with Oromo and Afar when it suits them, but that brotherhood flies out of the window when they start land grabs.

Many Somalis consider themselves Ethiopians, and even those who live within the borders of Somalia. Take a look on Facebook. You will find many happy with this. They want to be part of Ethiopia. This country has no future.
When has Ethiopia ever improved the lives of Somalis?? The avg Somali in puntland is better educated than the one in the Somali region.

Awdalite

Araabi
I always ask myself why Gadabuursi are subordinate to Isaaq and Ciise and don't benefit from their strategic location.
Don't they have access to the sea between Isaaq and Ciise? I heard the reason is they are badly divided into a coastal pro SL like maxamed Case and pro Awdal State from Boorama. They are competing on vice president currently held by Saylici besides lSaaq supporting Ciise in Saylac against them.

We have a border with Djibouti which is the biggest challenge we have. IOG wants to control the region, Ethiopia wants to control the region and SL wants the status quo. The people want to have full autonomy within whatever that exists. If it's SL or anything else, the most important thing for the people is having autonomy which is going to happen and cannot be stopped especially now.

Awdalite

Araabi
Djibouti and ciise will never allow this. SL will also undermine this as much as possible. I think the diaspora movement are just grasping at straws. Also why are these monkeys working overtime to give Ethiopia access to the ocean when you can charge them billions a year??

Djibouti and SL are ok with this on paper but they will collaborate to try and make sure it never works. It's not in their interests that another port is revived between Djibouti and Berbera. However the question is can they stop it? The answer is no. The Ethiopian government, the World Bank, the African Development Bank and other institutions have signed this off as an emerging project of elevated importance. Some actors in the region may try and disrupt it by creating instability but it won't work.

@Awdalite @Arkan Sxb you have got something to explain here, actually everyone who is willing to invest in awdal is welcome as long as they are abiding by thr international laws but the case is different here

Ethiopian PM unequivocally said they want a port to seize, if he actually wanted a port to invest or import things he already had many ports in many countries but he wants a port to annex so that they won't pay taxes to djibouti, kenya and eritrea.

So why the so called awdal movement distorting the reality and making things look like as if ethiopia want a place to invest, what do actually reer awdal would gain if ethiopia occupies awdal( tho impossible) other than millions of amhara and oromo pouring into your lands to outnumber you in a matter of 1 or 2 years?

Why do this AM consider this blatant existential threat as an economic opportunity when infact every other country whose port is mentioned get alarmed? Eritreans are all out responding to this provocation, so are eritreans dump to see this opportunity or is it our country that is up for sale?

Time to wake up awoow, abiy just want a port to annex, and if so no reer would get a penny out of it, just like ciise living around the rail road with no single ciise even get hired, so lets not invite foreigners into our lanďs or else we gonna be next Palestinians

Djibouti and SL are ok with this on paper but they will collaborate to try and make sure it never works. It's not in their interests that another port is revived between Djibouti and Berbera. However the question is can they stop it? The answer is no. The Ethiopian government, the World Bank, the African Development Bank and other institutions have signed this off as an emerging project of elevated importance. Some actors in the region may try and disrupt it by creating instability but it won't work.
I support Awdal region being built up but I can fathom why you would give your land to Ethiopia when you could simply fund it on you’re own and charge them millions/billions. Giving you’re land to Ethiopia might seem like a good option short term but in the long run it’s a disaster. I saw a figure that Awdal pays 250 million a year in tax to SL. Why not use you’re own funds and build you’re land?

The folks are consfused and dump as hell, imagine someone threatening to annex your lands and you are here extending warm welcome to any aggressor, qabiil made this country hopeless

I support Awdal region being built up but I can fathom why you would give your land to Ethiopia when you could simply fund it on you’re own and charge them millions/billions. Giving you’re land to Ethiopia might seem like a good option short term but in the long run it’s a disaster. I saw a figure that Awdal pays 250 million a year in tax to SL. Why not use you’re own funds and build you’re land?
Nah, the entire sland revenue is around 400million, and almsot have of this goes for salaries, but still the remaining 200million could do something for the community but thanks corrupted system there is no meaningful progess anywhere in the country

Trending