Awdal region

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I dunno what folks in this forum will say but I've heard from my parents and older relatives that a lot of Samaroon folks are more pro-Somaliweyn but are rather quiet and lowkey about it as the Isaaq have them essentially by the balls. A family friend of my mother's once was lamenting this to her and saying something like "We are really screwed. Djibouti to our east and these guys in Hargeisa to our west. We have no power." I was confused because Djibouti is technically run by Dir (Cisse) but apparently Geelle isn't as pro-Samaroon as you might think.

so somaliland :mjlol:

awdal never heard of that in my life

"Somaliland" is made up of 5 gobols/regions. Awdal, Woqooyi Galbeed/Maroodi Jeex, Togdheer, Sanaag and Sool. Maroodi Jeex and Toghdeer are overwhelmingly Isaaq and the heartland of "Somaliland" where it is run from. Sanaag is sort of half-half Isaaq and Harti (mainly Warsangali) and the capital of Ceerigaabo even used to be more Harti than Isaaq once upon a time whereas Sool and a small chunk of Togdheer is overwhelmingly Dhulbahante.

The Harti subclans are not at their core pro-Somaliland and have had their own independence movements but they do tend to just go along with its rule at times to avoid trouble or due to opportunism among their political elites. Niggas are essentially locked in a wrestling match between SL and PL as well. The Dir to the far west have also had their own quashed independence ideas like "Awdalland state" once upon a time but I've heard they're more with the SL program but also, as I mentioned above, heard a lot of the opposite. Even noticed this online sometimes. Would realy like some Samaroons to enlighten us in this thread.

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
i remember a time when every somali family in the diaspora was flockin to go boorama for dheqan celis. lol

What a dumb question

Somalians should be more concerned with being annexed by the African union who are the official government in Somalia. Somaliland is 5 Gobols and the capital of each gobol, Borama, Hargeisa, Burco, Lascanood and Ceerigaabo has only 1 flag and that is Somalilands flag

What a dumb question

Somalians should be more concerned with being annexed by the African union who are the official government in Somalia. Somaliland is 5 Gobols and the capital of each gobol, Borama, Hargeisa, Burco, Lascanood and Ceerigaabo has only 1 flag and that is Somalilands flag
hes just asking a question :drakewtf:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
hes just asking a question :drakewtf:

I've noticed some SL-ers are very easily triggered and the moment they are they just go off into an almost robotic and rehearsed sounding set of statements they seem like they're reading off of wikipedia. "Somaliland is an as of yet unrecognized autonomous..." even some niggas back in the hooyoland in SL itself make fun of some them for being so high strung and autistic seeming.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
What a dumb question

War ana ku waso gtfo my thread nigga.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Don't be mad boy. If you're from Somalia you should be discussing AMISOM and Al shabaab
I live in America at the moment you nacaas, my family owns real estate in awdal that’s why I’m speaking about it. Get out of my thread you scrub.

What a dumb question

Who’s Somalians stop acting like your better just cause you wave another flag

somaliland is just desert :mjlol:

Kulaha Somalian how do you insult your own people :pachah1:

ask any American what Somali land is they are going to think it’s part of Somalia

they see all Somalis the same
giphy.gif
:mjkkk::mjhaps:

Som

VIP
I feel like awdal is always left out whenever we talk about the Somali regions. What do you guys think of the people. Are they pro-Somaliland, pro-Somalia, or pro Djibouti. I hope some of you Samaroons can answer.
At least from what I know reer awdal are generally pro somaliland but they are more open to the idea of reunification than isaaqs.

Trending

Latest posts