average benadiri and barawani dna results

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I wouldn’t know exactly but there were Portuguese in Barawa and I’ve seen some white passing Barwanis Vasco Da Gama and his army raided Barawa and raped Somali women. I think it’s a fake meme but there’s a little truth to it, very very very little truth to it.

As usual you are always portraying Somalis to fit your agenda just like an ajnabi agent or coon. Vasco's son was killed by Ahmed Gurey. And the Portuguese were destroyed by the Ajuraan. Learn a thing or two about the history.

I have seen very few barawani results and they hardly get 50%. But i have seen alot of reer xamar and banadiri, who some of them claim shanshis. Their result is approximately between 70 to 80 somali and the rest always south/central Asia. All of them are in my relative list. I have nessaged them and asked about their clan!

Attached a screenshot of a mix of reer xamar, shanishis and banadiri results. I noticed they have higher amount somali compared to barwanis. Banadiris tend to look more Eritrean people or southern Egyptians compared to barwanis who look half somali half white/ Arab

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-130315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-130315_Chrome.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 589
  • Screenshot_20210525-172734_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-172734_Chrome.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 531
  • Screenshot_20210421-072312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-072312_Chrome.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 585
  • Screenshot_20210421-065825_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-065825_Chrome.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Screenshot_20210421-070117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-070117_Chrome.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Screenshot_20210602-130310_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-130310_Chrome.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_20210421-070104_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-070104_Chrome.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 522

Som

VIP
I'm surprised by the high indian dna they have.
According to history benadiris are the offspring of arab settlers and somalis, i would except some indian but not that much.
Anyway I've seen benadiris who have minimum 30% to max 70% Somali. Until they get studied by professionals we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Even when it comes to phenotype there are many benadiris who can pass among ethnic somalis, others who can pass as araba and others who look mixed. Benadiris are a confederation so they probably have individual differences

Benadiris and somali bantus have high somali admixture, benadiris more so. I know couple benadiris and one guy looks basically a lightskin somali. I know even lighter somalis than that guy.

Barwanis are mixed with Portguese. Benadiris are mixed with Indian or Arab or both.
Barawanis are banadiri,barawa is part of banadir coast, barawanis fought against Portuguese if anything they'd be last to be Portuguese. Banadiri isn't an ethnic group, there's gibil cad (lightskin origin ; arab and Persian) banadiris and gibil madow (darkskin origin;bantu and somali) banadiris.

Indians arrived in banadir coast in 1800s that's when some banadiris mixed with them.

I have seen very few barawani results and they hardly get 50%. But i have seen alot of reer xamar and banadiri, who some of them claim shanshis. Their result is approximately between 70 to 80 somali and the rest always south/central Asia. All of them are in my relative list. I have nessaged them and asked about their clan!
Shaanshi is a tribe, there's Reer xamar shaanshis meaning shaanshis from xamar, there's Reer marka shaanshis meaning shaanshis from marka and there's barawani shaanshis meaning shaanshis from barawa.

Xamar, Marka and Barawa are all banadiri cities so they're all banadiri. And results vary from family to family depending on how many generations they're mixed with ethnic somali, since gibil cads never intermarried with gibil madow up until recently

I have seen many of their results since that Anthromadness post was made and it remains relatively consistent in my experience. 30-40% Somali, 20% Desi, 5-10% Bantu and the rest is a varying mix of MENA~Central Asian ancestries like Iranian, various sorts of Arabs and even Uzbeks. Their Y-DNA is diverse too. Some are G2, some are E-V32, some are J-P58 and so on it goes. They are clearly the result of a wide smattering of foreign, Muslim settlers who intermingled with local Somalis which fits with the oral traditions and historical accounts for towns like Xamar and Barawe. Namely that foreigners came and formed the later medieval settlements with Somalis like the Tunni (Barawe), Maay or Ajuuraan (Xamar), Hawiye (Marka) and so forth. Though some of those towns' Somali groups changed over-time with Xamar becoming mostly Hawiye and Marka becoming mostly Biyomaal Dir, for instance.
Ethnic Somalis weren't urban people that resided in stone towns with buildings only with Arab and Persian architecture, Arabs and persians lived alone on the coast in their own settlements.

In barawa region tunnis were agro pastoralists who prefer pastoral life over urban life they lived in the outskirts of the stone town of barawa although later when they were urbanized they settled in areas adjacent to biruuni and mpaayi.

Ajuran first came to xamar after the fall of their empire , 4 out of the 8 moorsho clans in xamarweyne claim ajuran waalamoge ;
1-Reer Maxamud Eebow
2-Reer Baatay
3-Reer Ibrahim
4-Reer khalafow.

Moorsho is a confederacy named after the neighbourhood which all 8 clans/families reside in.

In the stone town of Marka, the first hawiyes to settle there were a group known as juunji they came around 300 years ago, they're blacksmiths from Hiraab.

Mogadishu, Marka and Barawa were all established by Arabs and persians, no proof of ethnic Somalis or remains of them wether it's graves or masjids built by them or neighborhood or even architecture.

Ethnic Somalis weren't urban people that resided in stone towns with buildings only with Arab and Persian architecture, Arabs and persians lived alone on the coast in their own settlements.

In barawa region tunnis were agro pastoralists who prefer pastoral life over urban life they lived in the outskirts of the stone town of barawa although later when they were urbanized they settled in areas adjacent to biruuni and mpaayi.

Ajuran first came to xamar after the fall of their empire , 4 out of the 8 moorsho clans in xamarweyne claim ajuran waalamoge ;
1-Reer Maxamud Eebow
2-Reer Baatay
3-Reer Ibrahim
4-Reer khalafow.

Moorsho is a confederacy named after the neighbourhood which all 8 clans/families reside in.

In the stone town of Marka, the first hawiyes to settle there were a group known as juunji they came around 300 years ago, they're blacksmiths from Hiraab.

Mogadishu, Marka and Barawa were all established by Arabs and persians, no proof of ethnic Somalis or remains of them wether it's graves or masjids built by them or neighborhood or even architecture.
Interesting! Im a northerner so i don't know much about the south. I did read this one manuscript a long time ago by a shiekh from barawe in the late 1800s and part of that manuscript talked about how that sheikh dealt with omanis. One thing that was clear was that benadiris didn't view themselves in the same vein as the Omanis, meaning that there were clear cultural/ethnic divides. The people of the coast were referred to as "benadir people" while the omanis were referred to as "arabs". Does that still hold today or do you guys primarily refer to yourselves as either somali or arab?

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

1-Reer Maxamud Eebow
2-Reer Baatay
3-Reer Ibrahim
4-Reer khalafow.

Mogadishu was founded by Somali as the name is Somali,merca was founded by D%M and hawiyes, berawe was founded by tunni and garre etc, u folk came to Somalia as refugees or merchants from India mostly, there's hundred of stone cities scattered in somaliweyn, who u think build harari, Berbera,zeila etc u? u can't rewrite history Indian

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Interesting! Im a northerner so i don't know much about the south. I did read this one manuscript a long time ago by a shiekh from barawe in the late 1800s and part of that manuscript talked about how that sheikh dealt with omanis. One thing that was clear was that benadiris didn't view themselves in the same vein as the Omanis, meaning that there were clear cultural/ethnic divides. The people of the coast were referred to as "benadir people" while the omanis were referred to as "arabs". Does that still hold today or do you guys primarily refer to yourselves as either somali or arab?
Cad cad or so called benadir are not Arabs but mostly Indians merchants or refugees

here's the truth, Mogadishu was founded by Somali as the name is Somali,merca was founded by D%M and hawiyes, berawe was founded by tunni and garre etc, u folk came to Somalia as refugees or merchants from India mostly, there's hundred of stone cities scattered in somaliweyn, who u think build harari, Berbera,zeila etc u? u can't rewrite history Indian
Why are you grouping raxanweyne tunni and garre as Somali but not reer xamari

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Possibly because he's referring to the Reer Xamar minorities. There are two different Reer Xamar groups, Group 1 (ethnic Somalis) and Group 2 (minorities). He's probably talking about the minorities, hence your confusion. Also, that Benadiri is spreading misinformation, those minorities never created cities. This claim of theirs has been debunked several times yet the ones who come on here continue peddling it. Majority of them have Indian ancestry, not Arab or Persian. I don't know why they act like that. Possibly because Somalis treated them different and they want to get back at us for other Somalis treating them like trash.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
sxb are u really that uneducated, who said beesha D%M,garre,tunni are not somali? reer xamar are indians who ahve no identity so they name themselves after the city they in like reer berawe etc

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
sxb are u really that uneducated, who said beesha D%M,garre,tunni are not somali? reer xamar are indians who ahve no identity so they name themselves after the city they in like reer berawe etc
Lol, it's funny because most Reer Xamar are Somalis. Majority of the time, we're referring to the Somalis who historically lived in Mogadishu for hundreds of years.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

1-Reer Maxamud Eebow
2-Reer Baatay
3-Reer Ibrahim
4-Reer khalafow.

here's ibnu batuta describing the rulers and natives of berawe,mogadishu,marca as berbers somali and not indians or arabs
1681072928684.png

1681072954401.png

don't know why you niggas getting triggered. reer xamari cad cad niggas are some of the best somalis i know. All im saying is if you broaden the term somali to include af maay niggas then i dont see why reer xamaris cant be included

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
don't know why you niggas getting triggered. reer xamari cad cad niggas are some of the best somalis i know. All im saying is if you broaden the term somali to include af maay niggas then i dont see why reer xamaris cant be included
sxb iska amuus u clearly uneducated calling asal somali fake, what is somali at that point, having different dailect doesn't mean that group is different ethnic group, amahara have 7 different dialects, oromo more tahn 12, somalis only having 3 is nothing, if af maay speaker take dna test they'll come out 100%

Trending

Latest posts