Assyrian empire

They were ruthless and crushed their enemies harshly. While many people are usually obsessed with Rome or ancient Egypt I'm obsessed with the Assyrian empire. They were the US of their time they control the Middle East through fear till their collapse

7d060b3110f343da46610a105e6f2120.jpg

459d5931d5dabe991f5ce3c985d5d2b6.jpg
637440a18f23ddb451162ae878b59663.jpg
cb06e8f2b86750c4abc7e49e54a345e6.jpg

I like this channel, the video on the Assyrians was one of my favorites
He makes fantastic videos the only issue with the channel is that it takes a while for new episodes to be uploaded.
I prefer the Assyrian video he made because it was really interesting from start to end great episode there was not a single boring part especially during the end.

He makes fantastic videos the only issue with the channel is that it takes a while for new episodes to be uploaded.
I prefer the Assyrian video he made because it was really interesting from start to end great episode there was not a single boring part especially during the end.
The Assyrian video was definitely his best work, it was actually how I discovered his channel. I know the guy was working on a book that’s finally been released. Maybe now he’ll have time to make videos on a more regular basis.

Link to his book: https://linktr.ee/fallofcivilizations

Did you see his video on Ancient Egypt? It’s been out for a few months now but I haven’t gotten a chance to listen to it it yet

Assyrian siege of an Egyptian fort during the Assyrian invasion of Egypt
1280px-Ashurbanipal_II's_army_attacking_Memphis,_Egypt,_645-635_BCE,_from_Nineveh,_Iraq._Briti...jpg

Esarhaddon describes the conquest with the following words:

I slew multitudes of his [e.g. Taharqa's] men and I smote him five times with the point of my javelin, with wounds from which there were no recovery. Memphis, his royal city, in half a day, with mines, tunnels, assaults, I besieged, I captured, I destroyed, I devastated, I burned with fire. His queen, his harem, Ushanahuru, his heir, and the rest of his sons and daughters, his property and his goods, his horses, his cattle, his sheep, in countless numbers, I carried off to Assyria. The root of Kush I tore up out of Egypt and not one therein escaped to submit to me. Over all of Egypt I appointed anew kings, viceroys, governors, commandants, overseers and scribes. Offerings and fixed dues I established for Assur and the great gods for all time; my royal tribute and tax, yearly without ceasing, I imposed upon them.
I had a stele made with my name inscribed thereon and on it I caused it to be written the glory and valor of Assur, my lord, my mighty deeds, how I went to and from the protection of Assur, my lord, and the might of my conquering hand. For the gaze of all my foes, to the end of days, I set it up.

— Victory stele of Esarhaddon.

The Assyrian video was definitely his best work, it was actually how I discovered his channel. I know the guy was working on a book that’s finally been released. Maybe now he’ll have time to make videos on a more regular basis.

Link to his book: https://linktr.ee/fallofcivilizations

Did you see his video on Ancient Egypt? It’s been out for a few months now but I haven’t gotten a chance to listen to it it yet
Yeah I saw him promoting his book on Twitter and I intend to buy it if the reviews are good.

I saw that he uploaded a video on ancient Egypt. I plan on watching it Friday night. I prefer watching the videos than listening to the podcast tbh.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
They were ruthless and crushed their enemies harshly. While many people are usually obsessed with Rome or ancient Egypt I'm obsessed with the Assyrian empire. They were the US of their time they control the Middle East through fear till their collapse
Yo I was listening to this podcast on Spotify yesterday lol

Why do they all have the same hairstyle/beard? I noticed the Assyrians, babylonains and even the Persians all had the same style, they all had the same hairstyle and beard.

also I love how these show that humanity really hasn’t changed that much. Even the Assyrians themselves looked up to a civilisation that was ancient to them the same way humans today are fascinated with the Assyrians who are ancient to us.

and it goes to show that humans have always had a sense of fashion and style, all these clothes they wear have vibrant colours and intricate patterns embedded in them and even specific hair styles. They clearly cared about their appearance.

and why do modern Assyrians even exist? How did their identity survive for over 2 thousand years? I find it hard to believe how many people today claim to be Assyrian. How did they resist assimilation for centuries? It even seems like they even still remember the ancient Aramaic language. Insane to me.

Notice how none of these early ancient empires cared about controlling Arabia? All of their borders are roughly the same, they control the Levant, some parts of modern Iran, Syria, Iraq & Türkiye. But none of them ever bothered to conquer Arabia lol. Apparently Arabia was pretty useless land for an empire. They never conquered Arabia because they didn’t want to, it had no value whatsoever.

Notice how none of these early ancient empires cared about controlling Arabia? All of their borders are roughly the same, they control the Levant, some parts of modern Iran, Syria, Iraq & Türkiye. But none of them ever bothered to conquer Arabia lol. Apparently Arabia was pretty useless land for an empire. They never conquered Arabia because they didn’t want to, it had no value whatsoever.
Yes, the Arabian Peninsula was not of great importance, except for the trade lines it enjoyed, namely the Hijaz and the eastern region, but there was no interest in the center of the peninsula

al-Mu'tamid المعتمد

عِشْ مَا شِئْتَ فَإِنَّكَ مَيِّتٌ
فَإِذَا جَاءَ وَعْدُ أُولَاهُمَا بَعَثْنَا عَلَيْكُمْ عِبَادًا لَنَا أُولِي بَأْسٍ شَدِيدٍ فَجَاسُوا خِلَالَ الدِّيَارِ ۚ وَكَانَ وَعْدًا مَفْعُولًا

When the first of the warnings came to pass, We sent against you Our servants given to terrible warfare: They entered the very inmost parts of your homes; and it was a warning (completely) fulfilled

Trending