As a Representative of Beesha Yusuf Darood,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There is no such things
Truthfully, We Darods aren't African either. We are ethnically Arabs, but culturally and linguistically we are Somali. There is no such thing as a Somali ethnic group. It is only the language and a collection of customs. If you speak it and practice those customs, then you're as Somali as anybody else even if you're origins are in central Africa or the Arabian peninsula.

The old Arab decent myth died a long time ago. Stop clowning us, there is an obvious genetic demarcation between an ethnic Somali and non-Somali and even a pop-geneticist could tell you that. It's times like these I wish was on this site :snoop:.

The old Arab decent myth died a long time ago. Stop clowning us, there is an obvious genetic demarcation between an ethnic Somali and non-Somali and even a pop-geneticist could tell you that. It's times like these I wish was on this site :snoop:.

To this day, I have not seen conclusive and convincing scientific evidence that disproves entirely our Arab heritage. Consider also Occam's razor: What is more likely, that an entire society is collectively wrong about their origins or there are a number of people who were assimilated over time and trace their ancestry to a patriarch they aren't actually descended from? The latter scenario fits nicely into the small handful of data points we have to work with without needing to invoke a new and radical explanation. There really is no scientific consensus on this issue, so it's not exactly unreasonable to remain skeptical.

My qabil is the only shot you have a getting back at sacad. Lakin that none of my business.

:mybusiness:
:cryinglaughsmiley:
is really not that hard in general the basic for sub clans is easy to remember ex outside of merahan who comes from sade 70% of darod come from kablallah just like the chart says:ulachen001:
do you know your husband clan? cause thats the one you need to study:ulachen001:

No, she doesn't need to know her husbands. As nice as it is that your mother did that for you. No. Just no.

Sheikh Abdirahman bin Ismail

:mjkkk::mjlol::mjlaugh:

What is that?

Yes do you know me?

:oh6b81q: You can't be dir because I think you might be my sister.

I know his clan but I don't know his abtiris. How am I supposed to learn his clan if I can't even memorize my own. There is no point of memorizing hundreds of odayaal that died million years ago.
:Sutehja:
I hope no one else thinks like you. It's literally all we have considering we don't have a written history.

No, she doesn't need to know her husbands. As nice as it is that your mother did that for you. No. Just no.

What is that?

I hope no one else thinks like you. It's literally all we have considering we don't have a written history.

What is that?

I know what u mean and that is a good point. I have seen many people who think like me because they just don't know what is point of learning so many names.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I know you are merely trolling. However, as it stands ethnic Somalis have a high occurrence of two Y-DNA haplogroups EV-32 or T. You can't even find this from an alleged homogeneous population like the Japanese, where they have several Y-DNA haplogroups. Moreover, Somalis are similar across their entire genome. So, keep thinking you're Arab. I doubt you're even Somali, given your strong desire for dissociation and outright denial of the existence of ethnic Somalis.

I know you are merely trolling. However, as it stands ethnic Somalis have a high occurrence of two Y-DNA haplogroups EV-32 or T. You can't even find this from an alleged homogeneous population like the Japanese, where they have several Y-DNA haplogroups. Moreover, Somalis are similar across their entire genome. So, keep thinking you're Arab. I doubt you're even Somali, given your strong desire for dissociation and outright denial of the existence of ethnic Somalis.

I'm sorry if you think I'm trolling even if I have been over the top at times with some of my posts, but what I'm saying isn't very new or strange. Rather, it is accepted as standard historical fact by millions of people back home and in the diaspora. Go to Bosaso, Hargeisa, or Kismayo and tell those people their ancestor was not an Arab originally from Iraq or Yemen, and you will most likely be dealing with a lynch mob very shortly. Would you then call all of these people "trolls"?

If anything, it is this new ideology that seems to only exist on the internet that qabil is a myth and that there is such a thing as Somali people that goes beyond culture and language, and that such people are homogeneous. Isn't it most interesting that this new groundbreaking scientific discovery undermines entirely the current federalism era and eventual secession of the qabil states? I wouldn't be surprised if these facts were hatched in the offices of a particularly prominent American think-tank group. Somalis in the real world pay no heed to this stuff, and will continue to believe whatever their clan elders have taught them about their origins.

There have also been a number of Somalis who were found to be in the J1 haplogroup. Granted, I will admit it's frequency is a lot lower than expected, it's still far too early to say anything conclusive, especially to the tune that you are. Let's wait first for exhaustive studies with the appropriately large sample sizes that debunk the origins of the clans before we decide to throw away a 1000+ years of Somali oral history.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm sorry if you think I'm trolling even if I have been over the top at times with some of my posts, but what I'm saying isn't very new or strange. Rather, it is accepted as standard historical fact by millions of people back home and in the diaspora. Go to Bosaso, Hargeisa, or Kismayo and tell those people their ancestor was not an Arab originally from Iraq or Yemen, and you will most likely be dealing with a lynch mob very shortly. Would you then call all of these people "trolls"?

If anything, it is this new ideology that seems to only exist on the internet that qabil is a myth and that there is such a thing as Somali people that goes beyond culture and language, and that such people are homogeneous. Isn't it most interesting that this new groundbreaking scientific discovery undermines entirely the current federalism era and eventual secession of the qabil states? I wouldn't be surprised if these facts were hatched in the offices of a particularly prominent American think-tank group. Somalis in the real world pay no heed to this stuff, and will continue to believe whatever their clan elders have taught them about their origins.

There have also been a number of Somalis who were found to be in the J1 haplogroup. Granted, I will admit it's frequency is a lot lower than expected, it's still far too early to say anything conclusive, especially to the tune that you are. Let's wait first for exhaustive studies with the appropriately large sample sizes that debunk the origins of the clans before we decide to throw away a 1000+ years of Somali oral history.

I don't think you have ever been back home. I have not met a Somali that thinks he or she is Arab. And I've been to Awdal and Waqooyi Galbeed respectively.

I don't think you have ever been back home. I have not met a Somali that thinks he or she is Arab. And I've been to Awdal and Waqooyi Galbeed respectively.

And you would be right, but I never said they viewed themselves as Arabs even though they are technically Arab. Rather, I said they absolutely do believe their ancestor was an Arab man from the Arabian peninsula. Hopefully, you won't dispute this harmless fact?

But, what about the other extreme you are arguing from? I can with absolute certainty say none of the major clans in Somalia see those of other clans as part of their ethnic group or as being the "same people". No one in Somalia believes in the existence of a "Somali" ethnic group, which is why nationalist sentiments are almost nonexistent in the country.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
And you would be right, but I never said they viewed themselves as Arabs even though they are technically Arab. Rather, I said they absolutely do believe their ancestor was an Arab man from the Arabian peninsula. Hopefully, you won't dispute this harmless fact?

But, what about the other extreme you are arguing from? I can with absolute certainty say none of the major clans in Somalia see those of other clans as part of their ethnic group or as being the "same people". No one in Somalia believes in the existence of a "Somali" ethnic group, which is why nationalist sentiments are almost nonexistent in the country.

What you stated was an opinion, not a fact. I have not met Somalis back home that think their ancestors were Arab. Somalis being divisive does not take away from the fact that they are related. I can tell you that in diaspora communities with small Somali populations, they relate more with their ethnic background. They have an affinity for Somali people and tend to stick together in this milieux. They usually splinter off into their tribal constituencies in areas with larger Somali populations. Even then I do not think young Somalis have the same sentiments as their predecessors. Also, I don't live in an insular tribal environment. Even though I know many members of my tribe and region, my family friends come from many different tribes/territories in Somalia. The diaspora is a different ball game. Back home tribe has significantly more clout and has political sway. People feel as though they can only count on their sub-clans, since they play a zero sum game. I should also point out that most of them live in communities that are not tribally-mixed. It is unlike the diaspora where you'll find people living in the same city that aren't from the same area in Somali regions and haven't co-mingled in recent history. I should also point out that back home Somalis aren't the best when it comes to sharing and egalitarian leadership is almost unheard of. Of course, they won't have strong ethno-national sentiments. In that type, of environment they would be more self-interested/ tribal focused.

Let me sum it up:
Just because ethnic Somalis have blood ties doesn't mean they are ideologically homogenous.

Last edited:
What you stated was an opinion, not a fact. I have not met Somalis back home that think their ancestors were Arab. Somalis being divisive does not take away from the fact that they are related. I can tell you that in diaspora communities with small Somali populations, they relate more with their ethnic background. They have an affinity for Somali people and tend to stick together in this milieux. They usually splinter off into their tribal constituencies in areas with larger Somali populations. Even then I do not think young Somalis have the same sentiments as their predecessors. Also, I don't live in an insular tribal environment. Even though I know many members of my tribe and region, my family friends come from many different tribes/territories in Somalia. The diaspora is a different ball game. Back home tribe has significantly more clout and has political sway. People feel as though they can only count on their sub-clans, since they play a zero sum game. I should also point out that most of them live in communities that are not tribally-mixed. It is unlike the diaspora where you'll find people living in the same city that aren't from the same area in Somali regions and haven't co-mingled in recent history. I should also point out that back home Somalis aren't the best when it comes to sharing and egalitarian leadership is almost unheard of. Of course, they won't have strong ethno-national sentiments. In that type, of environment they would be more self-interested/ tribal focused.

Let me sum it up:
Just because ethnic Somalis have blood ties doesn't mean they are ideologically homogenous.

You have presented an interesting and different perspective, Sophisticate. There are dimensions to the issue you have brought up that I certainly have not considered before. But, there are things I can never give up and will thus respectfully have to disagree with you on, such as the validity of my cherished heritage.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM

What is that?

well whos gonna teach the kids then?

B

bilan M

Ok
There is no such thing.

Truthfully, We Darods aren't African either. We are ethnically Arabs, but culturally and linguistically we are Somali. There is no such thing as a Somali ethnic group. It is only the language and a collection of customs. If you speak it and practice those customs, then you're as Somali as anybody else even if you're origins are in central Africa or the Arabian peninsula.
Omg. Ok, so darood is one ethnic group (eg; arab) and the isqaa is another eg ethiopian and haweiye another than how come somalis look so alike. the eyes(u knw the ones), forehead, height(there really tall gals and guys in every somali tribe). Body shape particulary the females (flat chested and large at bottom). also mate if u think associate urself to the pervert arabs will make u superior to other tribes u need RE-educating. ...walahi u r not the only one all blacks do this. eg naomi campbell this in like very interview she mentions she has chinease blood.

well whos gonna teach the kids then?

Aabbo dheh, he's gonna be in the kitchen with an apron babysitting and doing the dishes while hooyo makes the big bucks :mjlol:

MrMom.jpg

Ok

Omg. Ok, so darood is one ethnic group (eg; arab) and the isqaa is another eg ethiopian and haweiye another than how come somalis look so alike. the eyes(u knw the ones), forehead, height(there really tall gals and guys in every somali tribe). Body shape particulary the females (flat chested and large at bottom). also mate if u think associate urself to the pervert arabs will make u superior to other tribes u need RE-educating. ...walahi u r not the only one all blacks do this. eg naomi campbell this in like very interview she mentions she has chinease blood.
There's a clear physical distinction between the different tribes. Generally speaking, most Darod men roughly have this phenotype:
Axmed-Karaash.jpg

Hutus and Dir roughly have this phenotype:
5857089351_f750860cd3.jpg

And Isaac people generally look like this:
Faialiwar.jpg

There are exceptions, but this captures well the phenotypes of people living in Somalia based on tribal and ethnic considerations.

B

bilan M

what hutus?! that isnt even a somali tribe. waar iska amuus..u bloodly fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending