Are non-hijabis too sensitive?

The Diary Room girls (2 out of 3 are Somali sisters) are copping a fair bit of backlash in the quotes for stating that non-hijabis talk too much about how pious they are for praying tahajjud or another non-obligatory acts of worshipping when they could just put on a hijab since it's actually compulsory.

Agree or disagree? Discuss.

Last edited:

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
The Diary Room girls (2 out of 3 are Somali sisters) are copping a fair bit of backlash in the quotes for stating that non-hijabis talk too much about how pious they are for praying tahajjud or another non-obligatory acts of worshipping when they could just put on a hijab since it's actually compulsory.

Surprisingly, Surprisingly the people in the video Have addressed the issue in a good manner. But this is an issue of hypotheticals The chances of that even happening, is actually Zero. Theres no shot that would happen, and even if it did it probably wouldn't have been done in the right intention anyways...

It dosent even matter to be honest, this is more of a girls topic because my mind just cannot comprehend it. How can I even structure what I am about to say next. Maybe someone else will know but who knows this is just gonna lead to Nin123 and Geelgenius forming a Offensive pact and will lead to some sort of strange battle...

But of course I check the comments and they default to Ad hominem... Like I mean some might be valid but thats a different discussion that dosent relate to the one addressed in the video and thats where the Confusion originates. We will see Give me a like Down below plzz πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Yes there are non hijabis that pray their fard and hijabis that don’t and act they’re fatherless.

People judge what’s apparent. If i see a dude dressed like a road man or hoodlum the first thought in my wont be his a pious brother.

Just how the sunnah beard is an indication that a man is a muslim so is the hijab. As muslims it’s important to differentiate ourselves from the non muslims, from worship, ways of thought, actions and dress.

It was narrated that β€˜Abd-Allah ibn β€˜Umar said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: β€œWhoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawud, 3512; classed as sahih by al-Albani in Irwa al-Ghalil, 2691)

That fulay really deleted her tweet smh

She should have stood on business, instead of folding under the slight pressure of a few self-righteous Salafi chicks.

Last edited:
There are plenty of non-hijabis with good deen, except they have difficulties with hijab. The time i was in HS this one hijabi girl got exposed for sending her nudes to plethora of dudes, she was talking to. We can’t generalize people based on their appearence🀷🏽

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
There are plenty of non-hijabis with good deen, except they have difficulties with hijab. The time i was in HS this one hijabi girl got exposed for sending her nudes to plethora of dudes, she was talking to. We can’t generalize people based on their appearence🀷🏽
Facts. I know way too many hoejabis

Let’s be real, someone who is doing extra prayers and but isn’t wearing the hijab which is fard, is doing so for extra deeds due to feeling guilty. They’re clearly trying to get closer to Allah and why are we as Muslim community knocking this?

I don’t agree with their stances especially when they’re not even wearing proper hijab which is meant to be makeup free ect. I’m not judging since I too wear makeup ect.

My view is that, yes those women are meant to be wearing hijab, but it’s amazing they’re doing sunnah prayers and tahujjud ect. May Allah make the rest of their deen easier such as hijab as well.

Let’s be real, someone who is doing extra prayers and but isn’t wearing the hijab which is fard, is doing so for extra deeds due to feeling guilty. They’re clearly trying to get closer to Allah and why are we as Muslim community knocking this?

I don’t agree with their stances especially when they’re not even wearing proper hijab which is meant to be makeup free ect. I’m not judging since I too wear makeup ect.

My view is that, yes those women are meant to be wearing hijab, but it’s amazing they’re doing sunnah prayers and tahujjud ect. May Allah make the rest of their deen easier such as hijab as well.
This is the crux of the issue.

If a non-hijabi tells me that they're doing non-obligatory acts of ibadah unprompted, regardless of their intentions, I'm going to praise them and move on as would most normally adjusted Muslims.

So why are there so many sanctimonious hijabi (and other outwardly religious) personalities online/offline trying to take them down a peg?

The stuck-up hijabis judging them say it themselves: these non-hijabis have an inferiority complex (in their view), okay then why are you talking down on them, thereby exacerbating the problem, if you think they have an inferiority complex?

:faysalwtf::drakewtf:

Surprisingly, Surprisingly the people in the video Have addressed the issue in a good manner. But this is an issue of hypotheticals The chances of that even happening, is actually Zero. Theres no shot that would happen, and even if it did it probably wouldn't have been done in the right intention anyways...

It dosent even matter to be honest, this is more of a girls topic because my mind just cannot comprehend it. How can I even structure what I am about to say next. Maybe someone else will know but who knows this is just gonna lead to Nin123 and Geelgenius forming a Offensive pact and will lead to some sort of strange battle...

But of course I check the comments and they default to Ad hominem... Like I mean some might be valid but thats a different discussion that dosent relate to the one addressed in the video and thats where the Confusion originates. We will see Give me a like Down below plzz πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
It can happen, a girl might find it easier to read the Qur'an and pray Tahajjud but struggle with wearing the hijab. With good parenting skills, this issue wouldn't exist. If the father of the girl who doesn't wear a hijab taught her to wear it at 7 and made it compulsory for her to wear it at 9, then by the time she is 12, she wouldn't go out without a hijab because she would feel guilty and naked. Regardless of her level of religiosity, she would still wear it.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The over compensatory behaviour from the non-hijabi is from others assuming the worst already. The bar they have for them is low independent of character. It matters not if they do everything but wear the hijab. While for a hijabi the expectation is that they be proscriptive and if they mess up there is greater outrage. Along with a lot of policing regarding attire from how a scarf is worn, the level of embellishments allowed (makeup and jewelry) to the formlessness of garments etc. There are different judgements and challenges for both.
Season 12 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

The over compensatory behaviour from the non-hijabi is from others assuming the worst already. The bar they have for them is low independent of character. It matters not if they do everything but wear the hijab. While for a hijabi the expectation is that they be proscriptive and if they mess up there is greater outrage. Along with a lot of policing regarding attire from how a scarf is worn, the level of embellishments allowed (make up and jewelry) to the formlessness of garments etc. There are different judgements and challenges for both.
Season 12 Nbc GIF by One Chicago
Couldn't have put it better myself. It's a rigged game for all Muslim sisters, and your response can be further expanded to include non-Muslim women who dress promiscuously in contrast to those who don't.

In the end of the day the girls are right, it’s more important to do what’s fardh and FOCUS on that by correcting your mistakes than to do things like sunnah prayers. I think they were talking about a TikTok where someone said how a non-hijabi might be closer towards Allah due to her doing things like sunnah prayers and optional charity (etc) compared to a women who only does obligatory acts, but this is completely useless speculation, how is someone meant to know who’s closer towards Allah SWT. You can criticize the sisters for not observing the hijab properly themselves but they don’t have to be perfect to state what’s right, this is much better than twisting Islam to suit your preferences Astaghfirullah.

In the end of the day the girls are right, it’s more important to do what’s fardh and FOCUS on that by correcting your mistakes than to do things like sunnah prayers. I think they were talking about a TikTok where someone said how a non-hijabi might be closer towards Allah due to her doing things like sunnah prayers and optional charity (etc) compared to a women who only does obligatory acts, but this is completely useless speculation, how is someone meant to know who’s closer towards Allah SWT. You can criticize the sisters for not observing the hijab properly themselves but they don’t have to be perfect to state what’s right, this is much better than twisting Islam to suit your preferences Astaghfirullah.
We literally have a Hadith about a prostitute entering Jannah for giving water to an animal.This all or nothing approach we are seeing in this day and age isn’t part of the deen.

We all know hijab is fard, hence my Allah guide all the non Hijabis.

We literally have a Hadith about a prostitute entering Jannah for giving water to an animal.This all or nothing approach we are seeing in this day and age isn’t part of the deen.

We all know hijab is fard, hence my Allah guide all the non Hijabis.
This Hadith is an example of how merciful Allah SWT is towards his creation for being merciful to Allahs other creations and how someone who committed sin isn’t exempt from Jannah. You took the wrong lessons from this Hadith, it’s not meant to excuse Haram acts in any sense, unless you’re saying it’s okay to become a prostitute and eventually Allah SWT will forgive you?

I don’t understand what you mean by All or nothing, no one ever said anything like that, I already mentioned that no one has any clue as to who’s closer towards Allah SWT whether it’s someone who commits sins or not.

However as Muslims we have actions that are obligatory towards us and actions that are forbidden and this is the guidelines we will follow or at least try to follow to the best of our ability, along with our imaan this is what generally guides us towards Allah and grants us Jannah, let’s not lie to people and make excuses for their behaviour but instead tell them what is wrong and what is right, I don’t expect people to be quite when I’m doing something wrong or being a hypocrite and I expect the same of others. This is ours and other people’s Akhirah we’re playing with here, it’s not a joke.

@Moon-
@a_bilan
@empressjamila
@Angelina
@Gojo Satoru
@Mudug_gyal
@ditto
@π’π’šπ’’π’‚π’˜π’‚π’— π’Žπ’šπ’—π’—π’’

I found this particular take from one of those Dumarland Somali feminists on Twitter rather interesting. It reminds me of a few Somali girls I know IRL who use diin rhetoric to hide their competitiveness with the non-hijabi Xalimos in my area.

What are your thoughts? πŸ€”
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

Ψ¨Ω…Ψ§ يرآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ Feminist
VIP
@Moon-
@a_bilan
@empressjamila
@Angelina
@Gojo Satoru
@Mudug_gyal
@ditto

I found this particular take from one of those Dumarland Somali feminists on Twitter rather interesting. It reminds me of a few Somali girls I know IRL who use diin rhetoric to hide their competitiveness with the non-hijabi Xalimos in my area.

If Allah blesses me with a daughter, I will raise her with the love of hijab and islamic education. I wouldnt force her to wear it at all. She’d want to put it on because she’d be convinced herself to wear it. If she doesnt want to wear its ok id advise her doesnt mean Id let her dress like a h0e tho. I dont understand why somali people put hijab on 3 month olds 😢 like what awrah is a baby hiding tf? Yeah hijab is meant for girls who reached puberty age and got their periods.

Mudug_gyal

Ψ¨Ω…Ψ§ يرآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ Feminist
VIP
These hijabless girls are projecting their lack of modesty on hijabis. They seem very bitter to me. Like who is you to nitpick someones level of modesty when you not even practicing it at all

@Moon-
@a_bilan
@empressjamila
@Angelina
@Gojo Satoru
@Mudug_gyal
@ditto

@Silverfang

Why'd you give me a qashin? It's not even my opinion, it's some random Twitter user's ffs

:damn:

The f*ck is this word salad?
Lisa Simpson's Dinner | Know Your Meme

Trending