Anyone tried sparring/striking to the face and can take hits well in the face ?

You're going to get your shit rocked, there's no avoiding it, so just embrace it. Start gently and see how well you take the hit before progressing to hard sparring, otherwise you'll legit get concussed lol. The more you get hit, the better you'll be at not exactly taking one, but taking one if that makes sense. You can do drills, but I personally just started turning my head a little if the punch was unavoidable to mitigate the damage a little. But I wouldn't try that unless you've been sparring for a while.

Long story short, don't be a pussy (no offence intended) and just make peace with the fact that you'll get hit until you get good enough to avoid getting hit :manny:

I
You're going to get your shit rocked, there's no avoiding it, so just embrace it. Start gently and see how well you take the hit before progressing to hard sparring, otherwise you'll legit get concussed lol. The more you get hit, the better you'll be at not exactly taking one, but taking one if that makes sense. You can do drills, but I personally just started turning my head a little if the punch was unavoidable to mitigate the damage a little. But I wouldn't try that unless you've been sparring for a while.

Long story short, don't be a pussy (no offence intended) and just make peace with the fact that you'll get hit until you get good enough to avoid getting hit :manny:
Im defo not scared bro, have actually been in a few street fights but I want to improve my skill and general ability. Im only curious as the ability to keep composure from being hit in the face clean and remain calm is something I can see myself developing but thanks for the thoughts

NidarNidar

Punisher
Reduce the distance, you have a natural mouth guard so don't worry about your teeth, get good using your left arm, the quickest way to end a fight is the liver shot, watch Hajime no Ippo, I used to fight a lot as a kid and learnt a lot watching it, also get good on the ground.

Don't be intimidated by bigger people, they are usually the weakest, they never learnt jack shit and use their size to intimidate, opposite can be said, don't underestimate the smaller fighter.

If you're over the age of 18 don't fight unless it's for self-defence, it's not worth it, legally take out your phone and record them assaulting you, then go and give them the beating of their life.

Curious to hear discussion on this
when sparring just remember that this is “Practice” don’t take things personal. Most Gyms will partner you up with random people so they could be a higher skill level than you or taller/larger. Just remember to move your head and maintain balance and breathe. Also have fun