Any know the health benefits of sorghum (Haruur or Hadhuudh)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the health benefits of sorghum include its ability to prevent certain types of cancer, help control diabetes, offer a dietary option for people with Celiac disease, improve digestive health, build strong bones, promote red blood cell development, and boost energy and fuel production.

Sorghum is the broad term for an entire genus of grasses that are native to tropics and subtropics around the world. While there are more than 30 different species of sorghum, only one is harvested for human consumption, while the others are primarily used as fodder for animals. The important species for humans, Sorghum bicolor, is native to Africa, but can now be found all around the world as a staple food product. It is also cultivated in many different countries. Sorghum is primarily used in the production of sorghum molasses, sorghum syrup, and as a grain. Also, it can be used in the production of alcoholic beverages and even biofuels around the world. It is widely considered the fifth most important cereal crop in the world.
Sorghum.jpg

The versatility of sorghum, combined with the fact that it is acceptable for people with wheat allergies to eat, makes it extremely important as a staple crop in the world. Furthermore, the vast health benefits associated with sorghum make it a great alternative to other types of grains, grasses, and cereals that are commonly consumed across the globe. Let’s take a closer look at the nutrients that sorghum can provide us in our diet.

To know more read here: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/cereal/sorghum.html

I

IntensiveCareUnit

this is jewish food we dont eat that shit f*ck man

Q

Queen Carawelo

In somali is known as qamadi or haruur and english it is called sorghum. I don't know another way to explain to you but its a healthy grain.

Omg I know soghrum but the one I'm familiar with is kinda white ish. I didn't like the texture and it takes hours to cook it.

P.s

Did you change your title? It didn't have soghrum in the title and I didn't read the article lool

Omg I know soghrum but the one I'm familiar with is kinda white ish. I didn't like the texture and it takes hours to cook it.

P.s

Did you change your title? It didn't have soghrum in the title and I didn't read the article lool
No I didn't change the title. I guess the title was too long maybe thats why you didn't see. I agree it takes couple of hours to cook this but it is worth it. When I was a child I didn't like eating sorghum but as I got older I found out it has a lot of health benefits.

I

IntensiveCareUnit

P.s

sorghum takes like 20-35 minutes to cook, depending on how tender you like it. not hours you foolish woman.

In somali is known as qamadi or haruur and english it is called sorghum. I don't know another way to explain to you but its a healthy grain.

It is called haruur / hadhuudh depending on Somali accent north/central one speaks. It is also called masago in the south. It is completely different from qamadi, since qamadi is wheat in Somali. Yeah, it is very stable food and builds up the bones. Actually people who eat it become very strong and it is good for the digestive system. It grows so easily and can be planted anywhere.

P.s

It comes in both red and whitish colors and yes it takes hours to cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending