Anti-Khat campaigner Cawale met up wth PL's Gaas, shit got heated, Gaas bans him frm PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenya & Ethiopia are just emulating their masters, the British, in how they offloaded opium in China during the 19th century.

By 1817, the British realized they could reduce the trade deficit as well as turn the Indian colony profitable by counter-trading in narcotic Indian opium.[16] The Qing administration initially tolerated opium importation because it created an indirect tax on Chinese subjects.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War

Just like how Somalia/Somaliland benefits from the tax revenue gained in the short-term from their citizens but the long-term implications will be/are harrowing.

:nvjpqts::nvjpqts::nvjpqts::nvjpqts:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I never knew about the MDMA connection before, I have some relatives who chew but my parents are really against that stuff. They told me that people naively get into it by thinking that it will give them a boost of energy (so they can be productive and complete their work) but end up getting addicted/lazy.

P.s. Why do you cherry pick posts of mine that you respond to??:bell:
Habeshas were banned by their Orthodox Church from chewing khaat or drinking coffee since it was a Muslim custom. How things have changed. :icon lol::icon lol:

TooMacaan

VIP
Habeshas were banned by their Orthodox Church from chewing khaat or drinking coffee since it was a Muslim custom. How things have changed. :icon lol::icon lol:
The Church doesn't like anything to do with drugs, whether weed or khat so that makes sense. People are not perfect in religion though so it also makes sense that they'd stray from the churches teachings. I've never heard of the Church banning coffee though...
and coffee, a Muslim tradition? :mjlol: One of the most central parts of Ethiopian/xabashi culture and tradition is our coffee ceremonies and some people even pray while pouring the coffee. Coffee plant was also found in Ethiopia first and it's been with us for a long time since.:banderas:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Pay it to your mum and save her from streets of London. She is too old to do that type of business.

:siilaanyolaugh:
I guess all that talk of xalwo iyo chemicals sugary stuff must of struck a chord :dead:

Habartaa buufkeeda usheeg:fittytousand:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The Church doesn't like anything to do with drugs, whether weed or khat so that makes sense. People are not perfect in religion though so it also makes sense that they'd stray from the churches teachings. I've never heard of the Church banning coffee though...
and coffee, a Muslim tradition? :mjlol: One of the most central parts of Ethiopian/xabashi culture and tradition is our coffee ceremonies and some people even pray while pouring the coffee. Coffee plant was also found in Ethiopia first and it's been with us for a long time since.:banderas:
"Similarly, coffee was banned by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church some time before the 18th century.[19] However, in the second half of the 19th century, Ethiopian attitudes softened towards coffee drinking, and its consumption spread rapidly between 1880 and 1886; according to Richard Pankhurst, "this was largely due to Emperor Menilek, who himself drank it, and to Abuna Matewos who did much to dispel the belief of the clergy that it was a Muslim drink.

"Xabashi culture" :tacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts