Al Shabaab profiting off of heroin trade in East Africa through Hobyo port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
From the new UNSEMG report:

Annex 4.4: Al-Shabaab and heroin trafficking

29. The eruption of the Syria conflict in 2011, as well as improved law enforcement measures along traditional heroin smuggling routes, has resulted in East Africa increasingly being used as a route to traffic heroin from Afghanistan into Europe.

Commentators have speculated that Al-Shabaab earns revenue off the East Africa heroin trade, though no conclusive evidence has yet been presented to support this claim.

30. Pursuant to its investigations into the financing of Al-Shabaab, the Monitoring Group has received credible information regarding the MV Amin Darya (IMO #8630784), a vessel carrying as much as 800 kg of heroin intercepted on 15 July 2014 by Kenyan authorities and subsequently destroyed. Nine foreign nationals were arrested in Kenya over the bust: six Pakistanis, two Indians and an Iranian.

31. The group's information indicates that the vessel stopped for 10 days off the coast of Hobyo, in Central Somalia, prior to proceeding towards Kenya. During that time it took on supplies as well as gunmen possibly affiliated with Al-Shabaab who later disembarked. A businessman in Dubai, also possibly with links to Al-Shabaab, was in continual contact with the traffickers. The Monitoring Group has ascertained the name of this businessman to be Javed Ali. Ali was reportedly in continual contact with the arrested traffickers through the phone selector 971 556 930 803, and he has been linked the email address ali33@yahoo.com. The Monitoring Group attempted on multiple occasions, beginning in May 2015, to contact Javed Ali through both his email address and mobile phone, but both appeared to be inactive. The Dubai-based company A. Ebrahimi & Partners appointed one of the suspects who was intended to serve as the clearing agent in Mombasa for the seized vessel.

32. The Monitoring Group sent official correspondence to the UAE on 5 August 2015 requesting detailed information concerning Javed Ali and A. Ebrahimi & Partners/Ebrahim A.M. and their possible links to Al-Shabaab, but did not receive a response.

33. Although Al-Shabaab maintains a presence in Hobyo, it is not a major base of operations for the group. It is therefore possible that the crew of the MV Amin Darya was involved in smuggling of other goods into central Somalia, unconnected to Al-Shabaab. Over the course of its mandate, the Monitoring Group has received numerous unconfirmed reports of Iran-flagged vessels involved in the transport of weapons and fuel to central Somalia. The Group also notes that Javed Ali, the Dubai businessman in contact with the traffickers, bears an Iranian name.

34. The Group is continuing its investigation into Al-Shabaab's possible links to heroin trafficking.

Why don't you tell us about the Al.Shabab members based in Buuraha Gal Gala (20 miles outside of Boosaaso) who have pledged their allegiance to ISIS and Al.Baghdadi that the Somali media has been reporting on?

Duchess

VIP
Why don't you tell us about the Al.Shabab members based in Buuraha Gal Gala (20 miles outside of Boosaaso) who have pledged their allegiance to ISIS and Al.Baghdadi that the Somali media has been reporting on?

All I did was repost content from the UN Monitoring Group's report. You seem to take this personally. Are you an Al Shabaab sympathizer?

There are ISIS elements even within the United States. They will be dealt with.

U

uncleruckus

I wonder do they import heroin to somalia? do somalis in Somalia even use heroin ?

Duchess

VIP
I wonder do they import heroin to somalia? do somalis in Somalia even use heroin ?

I dont think so. According to the report, heroin's point of entry into East Africa is through Galmudug's largest port but the drug is intended for the Kenyan market. @HalyeeyQaran how do you feel about this?

Hobyo is a Sacad city and you have an Axe to grind with HG, since they kicked ur people's butt for a very long time (LoL).

If we are going to talk about Somali ISIS sympathizers in the US, Canada, UK and Australia......guess how many Majerteens, Ogadens and Dhulos were arrested for trying to join ISIS?

LooL the last 3 that were arrested here in Ohio who were caught going to Turkey to join ISIS, 2 were Mareexaans, and 1 MJ.

Hardly any Hawiye let alone Sacad, HG.

Tada!

Duchess

VIP
@Games, if you want to calaacal about Mijerteins then feel free to open a topic about it. Everything I posted in this topic is from the UN's newly released report on Somalia and no Mijertein's were involved with the report. This is about Al-Shabaab's hand in heroin trade. It seems like they're copying the Taliban in more ways than one.

Duchess

VIP
From the new UNSEMG report:

Annex 4.4: Al-Shabaab and heroin trafficking

31. The group's information indicates that the vessel stopped for 10 days off the coast of Hobyo, in Central Somalia, prior to proceeding towards Kenya. During that time it took on supplies as well as gunmen possibly affiliated with Al-Shabaab who later disembarked. A businessman in Dubai, also possibly with links to Al-Shabaab, was in continual contact with the traffickers. The Monitoring Group has ascertained the name of this businessman to be Javed Ali. Ali was reportedly in continual contact with the arrested traffickers through the phone selector 971 556 930 803, and he has been linked the email address ali33@yahoo.com. The Monitoring Group attempted on multiple occasions, beginning in May 2015, to contact Javed Ali through both his email address and mobile phone, but both appeared to be inactive. The Dubai-based company A. Ebrahimi & Partners appointed one of the suspects who was intended to serve as the clearing agent in Mombasa for the seized vessel.

Wtf, I just noticed that the full number and e-mail address were blocked out in the report but they showed up when I copied the text. lol

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
I dont think so. According to the report, heroin's point of entry into East Africa is through Galmudug's largest port but the drug is intended for the Kenyan market. @HalyeeyQaran how do you feel about this?

It's true. The bulk of heroin use is in Mombasa. These al Shabaab terrorists want to destroy the future of Kenyan youth to use them in their battle against the Kenyan government. They're maliciously intending to harm the next generation for their selfish interests but the Kenyan government is making strides in fighting heroin addiction in the country. The Kenyan Muslim youth understand that al Shabaab is their biggest enemy and that they want to ruin their future.

Duchess

VIP
It's true. The bulk of heroin use is in Mombasa. These al Shabaab terrorists want to destroy the future of Kenyan youth to use them in their battle against the Kenyan government. They're maliciously intending to harm the next generation for their selfish interests but the Kenyan government is making strides in fighting heroin addiction in the country. The Kenyan Muslim youth understand that al Shabaab is their biggest enemy and that they want to ruin their future.

I was watching a vjdeo @menace posted about heroin abuse in Mombasa. It seems like most of the victims were Muslim youth so Al-Shabaab is not destroying Kenyan gaalos but Muslims. Perhaps their strategy is to get these kids hooked on the drug thus making them more susceptible to recruitment? These terrorist organization's always attract ex-drug abusers, alcoholics, criminal's etc. People like @Games are perfect recruitment material.

Duchess, u really concerned with Galmudug iyo HG.

But entertain me this, what are u going to do about the spike of Darood on Darood violence?

In Seattle, Minnesota, Ohio, Toronto, Ottawa, western Canada, young D-block males are either victims of homicides, or are the ones doing the shooting.

Latest case: You remember the old man that Sharmaake posted on here 2 days ago that was shot and killed in broad daylight in Minneapolis?

Yep, an old Darood man (AUN) killed by 24yr old another darood.

So instead of worrying about Galmudug iyo Hobyo, worry about the endemic Darood on Darood violence in north America.

Waa iga talo. :)

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
I was watching a vjdeo @menace posted about heroin abuse in Mombasa. It seems like most of the victims were Muslim youth so Al-Shabaab is not destroying Kenyan gaalos but Muslims. Perhaps their strategy is to get these kids hooked on the drug thus making them more susceptible to recruitment? These terrorist organization's always attract ex-drug abusers, alcoholics, criminal's etc. People like @Games are perfect recruitment material.
I'm not sure if I've seen it or not. Can you post the video?

That is exactly their strategy. They also want to increase overall crime in Kenya as well as you know hardcore drug abusers engage in petty crime as well as violent crime.

Duchess

VIP
Duchess, u really concerned with Galmudug iyo HG.

But entertain me this, what are u going to do about the spike of Darood on Darood violence?

In Seattle, Minnesota, Ohio, Toronto, Ottawa, western Canada, young D-block males are either victims of homicides, or are the ones doing the shooting.

Latest case: You remember the old man that Sharmaake posted on here 2 days ago that was shot and killed in broad daylight in Minneapolis?

Yep, an old Darood man (AUN) killed by 24yr old another darood.

So instead of worrying about Galmudug iyo Hobyo, worry about the endemic Darood on Darood violence in north America.

Waa iga talo. :)

No, actually, he was Habar Gidir. lol @Games I think it's about time you give up the hard liquor. It turns you into an angry, paranoid, bitter drunk. Try wine or something.

@HalyeeyQaran here's the video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending