Abyssinians

I've been delving into the Abyssinian empires and I must say I am very impressed by our neighbours.

But why is it not common knowledge that at point they colonised the Arabian peninsula? Whenever people think of Africa, they think of lands conquered by non African outsiders rather than impressive empires that have at one point conquered non African lands as well.

Please leave this in the general section.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
First of all it was aksum who colonised yemen, nothing to brag about we also colonised maldives Mozambique (sofala)

plus every time i hear Abyssinia i only hear The conquest of Abyssinia Ahmed the left n the reason why they eat raw meat :trumpsmirk:

First of all it was aksum who colonised yemen, nothing to brag about we also colonised maldives Mozambique (sofala)

plus every time i hear Abyssinia i only hear The conquest of Abyssinia Ahmed the left n the reason why they eat raw meat :trumpsmirk:
Maldives wasn't colonised by somalis. That's just a Wikipedia article.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I've been delving into the Abyssinian empires and I must say I am very impressed by our neighbours.

But why is it not common knowledge that at point they colonised the Arabian peninsula? Whenever people think of Africa, they think of lands conquered by non African outsiders rather than impressive empires that have at one point conquered non African lands as well.

Please leave this in the general section.
its a narrative constructed by the colonizers in order to make africans look like less humans and incapable in regards to everything. In order to argue that africans needs to "civilized" for their own good.

Lets forget our rivalry with Ethiopians at the door and admire our fellow Cushite's achievement.

Also the Aksum/Abyssinians i'm talking about are periods in which Somalis were hardly known. More than 1400 years ago.

Jamal The Magnificent

Smoking on that tooka pack
Lets forget our rivalry with Ethiopians at the door and admire our fellow Cushite's achievement.

Also the Aksum/Abyssinians i'm talking about are periods in which Somalis were hardly known. More than 1400 years ago.
Damn 1400 yrs ago? thats the year that s didn’t exist

Halima wikipedia site got u hyped for nothing the adals fucked them real good :denzelnigga:

I'm interested in Ancient Abyssinians. Well before Somalis were documented. Although, i'm very interested in the lives of those that lived in Somali-lands was like during that time period.

I have a lot of questions.

The many Islamic kingdoms of the Horn except Ajuuran were also Abysinnians (Ethio-Semitic speakers).Imam Ahmed himself and the Walashma dynasty would be considered Abysinnians

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Stop praising Abyssinia. Their mighty army was destroyed by the Italians :mjlol:

The Adal collapsed because of instability between Afars not Abyssinians.

Macrobia Kingdom
Main article: Macrobians
In the classical era, the Macrobians, who were Proto-Somali, established a powerful tribal kingdom that ruled large parts of modern Somalia. They were reputed for their longevity and wealth, and were said to be the "tallest and handsomest of all men".[28] The Macrobians were warrior herders and seafarers. According to Herodotus' account, the Persian Emperor Cambyses II, upon his conquest of Egypt (525 BC), sent ambassadors to Macrobia, bringing luxury gifts for the Macrobian king to entice his submission. The Macrobian ruler, who was elected based on his stature and beauty, replied instead with a challenge for his Persian counterpart in the form of an unstrung bow: if the Persians could manage to draw it, they would have the right to invade his country; but until then, they should thank the gods that the Macrobians never decided to invade their empire.[28][29] The Macrobians were a regional power that were known from east to west and were highly advanced in architecture and extremely known for their wealth were they were noted for its gold, which was so plentiful that the Macrobians shackled their prisoners in golden chains.[29]

Invader

The many Islamic kingdoms of the Horn except Ajuuran were also Abysinnians (Ethio-Semitic speakers).Imam Ahmed himself and the Walashma dynasty would be considered Abysinnians
Sxb the only Ethio-Semties were the Harla and Hararis.:mjlol:

Imaam Ahmed was a Somali man, why would he be associated with the Abyssinians?

The Adal kingdom was mostly made up of Dir Somalis.

Stop praising Abyssinia. Their mighty army was destroyed by the Italians :mjlol:

The Adal collapsed because of instability between Afars not Abyssinians.

Macrobia Kingdom
Main article: Macrobians
In the classical era, the Macrobians, who were Proto-Somali, established a powerful tribal kingdom that ruled large parts of modern Somalia. They were reputed for their longevity and wealth, and were said to be the "tallest and handsomest of all men".[28] The Macrobians were warrior herders and seafarers. According to Herodotus' account, the Persian Emperor Cambyses II, upon his conquest of Egypt (525 BC), sent ambassadors to Macrobia, bringing luxury gifts for the Macrobian king to entice his submission. The Macrobian ruler, who was elected based on his stature and beauty, replied instead with a challenge for his Persian counterpart in the form of an unstrung bow: if the Persians could manage to draw it, they would have the right to invade his country; but until then, they should thank the gods that the Macrobians never decided to invade their empire.[28][29] The Macrobians were a regional power that were known from east to west and were highly advanced in architecture and extremely known for their wealth were they were noted for its gold, which was so plentiful that the Macrobians shackled their prisoners in golden chains.[29]

You know you can admire Somalis whilst having respect for others right? I'm not over-praising them, i'm merely being honest.

Invader

The Dir were around since 500BCE and before we were Proto-Somalis speaking an ancient variant of Somali.

Sxb the only Ethio-Semties were the Harla and Hararis.:mjlol:
Have you read the Futuh? Wallahi Somalis were peripheral people used as mercenaries in the Ethio-Semitic muslims civil wars and later on the Imam Ahmed from Hubat (In Shewa) invited some clans (Darood,Isaaq & Dir) in the war but we were only one-third of the army. The Imam's wife was also called Bati Delwambara, does that shit sound Somali to you?

Trending

Latest posts