76% of somalis suffer from psychological disorder

People who wait for a god to fix their problems will always suffer. Even in religious books it clearly state that one should first try rather than expecting god to all their dirty work. One thing I've noticed with somalis is whenever there is a conflict (whatever it maybe famine, drought, poverty, war you name it) the only thing they do is pray about it, say "May Allah help us" "inshallah everything will be resolved" but never take real action, all they do is wait for a miracle to happen.

These people have been in a limbo of suffering for the past 33 years fighting about some outdated and barbaric clan issues, while the rest of the world has developed and become progressive. The only people holding somalis down are not America, Ethiopia or keyna but somalis themselves. Its not rocket science as to why most of our people from elders to new borns are suffer from major mental health issues, we don't acknowledge our fellow somali in pain because most of us are so used to it.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I totally believe it. Just look at their lunacy on social media and in real life. Many also are clearly unhappy in real life.

He said in previous estimates WHO saw the suicide rate among the young population in Somalia as one of the highest in the world, 14 to 15 per 100,000 population. This new study finds that the risk of committing suicide among young people in Somalia is 22 per 100,000.

I knew about the high suicide rates years ago considering how many I knew who lost their battle but everyone else swept it under the rug and called me names. It's a huge issue in the diaspora and I suspected the same in Somalia due to stories I heard. Somalis are in huge denial about this. You would think we have the lowest in human history with the way we treat this issue. Look at the Twitter comments; they are denying it. Typical. They deny everything they consider ceeb.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
The total number of mental health professionals in Somalia is 82 in a population of over 15 million,” Malik said. “And if you compare it in terms of mental health professionals, 100,000 population it is less than one. So, the future lies in investing in mental health services at the primary health care level.
82 mental health professionals is crazy asl not gonna lie. We are doomed :faysalwtf:

I doubt the accuracy of this.
713 participants sample size does not translate to making blatant assumptions for over 15 million people.

76.9% is too high of a generalization based on one small study and area. Are they trying to sensationalize things to get more funding?

82 mental health professionals is crazy asl not gonna lie. We are doomed :faysalwtf:
Unfortunately extreme Poverty and stigma against mental health is the prime cause of it, parents unable to feed their 5+ children while having to silently struggle. I had a young cousin from back home who commuted su!cide view years ago, but her family told everyone that it was an incident in order not stain the families reputation.

People who wait for a god to fix their problems will always suffer. Even in religious books it clearly state that one should first try rather than expecting god to all their dirty work. One thing I've noticed with somalis is whenever there is a conflict (whatever it maybe famine, drought, poverty, war you name it) the only thing they do is pray about it, say "May Allah help us" "inshallah everything will be resolved" but never take real action, all they do is wait for a miracle to happen.

These people have been in a limbo of suffering for the past 33 years fighting about some outdated and barbaric clan issues, while the rest of the world has developed and become progressive. The only people holding somalis down are not America, Ethiopia or keyna but somalis themselves. Its not rocket science as to why most of our people from elders to new borns are suffer from major mental health issues, we don't acknowledge our fellow somali in pain because most of us are so used to it.
you really dont get it theres no cure yet for mental health problems theres only treatment but there is no permanent cure yet, if they cannot fix it what else do you expect them to do obviously they gonna turn to Allah swt. even an atheist during tribulation thinks of God, look at the homeless people in the west all of them believe in God, the ones that dont for example elonmusk doesnt believe in God and hes one of the richest person, one righteous person said Allah swt will give some or all disbelievers whatever they want in this world to shut them up, and take from the believers their health and wealth and family so they can get closer to Allah swt and make dua to Him only. God does not need us we need Him

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Unfortunately extreme Poverty and stigma against mental health is the prime cause of it, parents unable to feed their 5+ children while having to silently struggle. I had a young cousin from back home who commuted su!cide view years ago, but her family told everyone that it was an incident in order not stain the families reputation.
Damn what happened that lead to such a tragic situation?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
covering the body is good. not covering thr body can lead to corruption in the land and perversion in some men. thats why the west and many countries have employed so many police everywhere but when you look at saudi arabia rapes are very uncommon and rarely see police on the streets

Non stop afflictions we face. What did we do to deserve all this ? Famine, drought, our seas are toxic wasted by China, our lands are invaded by terrorists and UNISON forces raping our folk and land. Our own kids join Al shabab to bomb schools and hospitals, the most corrupt country in the world officially. No government. Each direction of the land is under attack. I don’t understand. Why do we have it so bad? Even if it’s not a physical problem, it’s a natural issue with drought and famine. Crazy man

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I doubt the accuracy of this.
713 participants sample size does not translate to making blatant assumptions for over 15 million people.

76.9% is too high of a generalization based on one small study and area. Are they trying to sensationalize things to get more funding?

1674106990274.png

Trending

Latest posts