2019 was a good year for Puntland Republic, lets look forward

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
As we are preparing to enter 202- Oh right you heard me correct, Puntland Republic. Some will call me a "closet secessionist" but if we have a Republican style government I’m afraid it’s a Republic. And what does the future hold for this Republic?

Garacad port

Garacad port will be operational within 6 months and be able to handle a single 5000mt ship. The construction will continue while the port is operational and construct 2 more quays. At a single time the port will be able to handle 2 x 10,000mt or a single 30,000mt ship. This will mean it will be the same size as Kismayo port.

Eyl port/road

We don't know much about Eyl port other than the contractor is CCECC who also built the runway in Bosaso. The deal is an MOU signed in June 2019. The road is currently undergoing surveying.

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/china-signs-deal-build-port-ancient-somalian-town-/

These roads are either being surveyed or under construction.

Galkayo-Garowe
Garowe-Bosaso
Garowe-Eyl
Badhan-Ceeldahir

I'm not going to include Wadaagsin since it's not tarmac and I'm not going to include Bosaso port project cause at this stage Garacad will be finished before Bosaso. That's some shameful sht.

:nahgirl:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
As we are preparing to enter 202- Oh right you heard me correct, Puntland Republic. Some will call me a "closet secessionist" but if we have a Republican style government I’m afraid it’s a Republic. And what does the future hold for this Republic?

Garacad port

Garacad port will be operational within 6 months and be able to handle a single 5000mt ship. The construction will continue while the port is operational and construct 2 more quays. At a single time the port will be able to handle 2 x 10,000mt or a single 30,000mt ship. This will mean it will be the same size as Kismayo port.

Eyl port/road

We don't know much about Eyl port other than the contractor is CCECC who also built the runway in Bosaso. The deal is an MOU signed in June 2019. The road is currently undergoing surveying.

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/china-signs-deal-build-port-ancient-somalian-town-/

These roads are either being surveyed or under construction.

Galkayo-Garowe
Garowe-Bosaso
Garowe-Eyl
Badhan-Ceeldahir

I'm not going to include Wadaagsin since it's not tarmac and I'm not going to include Bosaso port project cause at this stage Garacad will be finished before Bosaso. That's some shameful sht.

:nahgirl:

They going to have to make it 'tarmac' the wadaagsin if they are trying to secure DDSI trade thru 'galdogob to garacad' road to port iniative. The amount of trucks carrying livestock from DDSI during the 'trading season' and the amount of trucks coming to collect 'imports' from overseas to take back to their region is going to be quite heavy traffic load.

That's not even mentioning that Galmudug trade will most likely swing to Garacad port rather then go to Bosaso, unless of course the Hobyo port is done, which currently according to XAAF said has no backing from HG business people. What other markets are 'garacad' trying to secure for it's port besides DDSI and potentially the South-Central trade corridor?

As for the road projects the Galkayo to Garowe road failed, I doubt they will get that one done due to no proper governance and proof they won't buy 'cheap material' and pocket the funds the various officials involved in the process and company. I can't see Germany kick-starting that project untill they are confident PL will deliver and can PROVE IT not just SAY SO.

Garowe to EYL road as you said is in the MOU stage which isn't a pledge but an understanding that this is vital project, there has been no timetable set for it, so I doubt this will eventuate.

Garowe to Bosaso, again based on garowe to galkacyo corridor performance, the chances this is done isn't promising but you never know, they may suprise us.

Badhan to Eldahir is real project and has government support and funds and community have really gotten together behind it. The liklihood this is completed is favourable unless some unforseen disaster occurs in between.

PL trans-national high-way projects that involve the Puntland government always fail to complete, it's better when the community is controlling the project like badhan to eldahir road and the PL govt is just a stakeholder not the project manager. Even Wadaagsin and Garacad are performing quicker to complete their project when PL govt isn't involved. Our achille heel is the government, we really need to prove this to them and say 'your actually hurting the state more then you contribute' to it.

Trending

Latest posts