Zahra Clayborne, epidemiologists, complaints abt racism because she’s half Somali and half white. (Her need to be a victim is strong in this article)

"I'm biracial. My mother is Black and my father is white. I don't really look like either of my parents, and my ethnicity is often a guessing game for those who meet me. Even my name, a combination of Arabic and English, adds to my ethnic ambiguity.

I am often met with both blatantly racist behaviour and an array of microaggressions. I have been stopped by strangers on the street, insisting on knowing where I'm from. I have been told to "go home" to many different countries. In my academic life, praise has often been paired with surprise. I have lost count of the number of times I have been told that I am "surprisingly well-spoken" or a "surprisingly good writer.""

For a long time, I was silent on these issues. However, I was spurred on by the murder of George Floyd and the surge of protests denouncing police brutality and anti-Black racism, which organizations including Ottawa Public Health have said is relevant to public health.

That George Floyd is all powerful

Trending

Latest posts