Somaliland Factories, Mills and Mining Thread

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

He isn't creating anything of substance, he just got some fucking maro and a stitching machine. Get outta here Al Burcaawi, this reminds me of your 'aerospace institute' in Hargeisa

somalilandhelicopter_small.jpg

One of the largest in the world, this is going to be amazing for construction materials and fertiliser production.

Somaliland is bless.

Reborn
I was informed there Chinese firms in SL already mining materials like Jade which isn't properly regulated and filled with corruption as to how much share & TAX they pay...

A fantastic reportage on Somaliland's burgeoning mining sector:

Jade or "jeedhka" has been discovered in Somaliland's central region and it is finally being mined and exported on a commercial scale. The area being mined is the mountainous region around Burco, between the regions of Saaxil and Togdheer:

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 15.54.11.png

What makes this so significant is the fact that the quality of Jade found readily in Somaliland is equal to jade exported from Myanmar and Burma!

This will be transformational for Somaliland. Myanmar earned over $420 million from Jade exports last year.

I was interested in the mining industry in Somaliland. The only mining industry i have seen is a chinese owned mining operation in Awdal.

The mine is an emerald mine but has been opposed by Awdal residents since the chinese dont hire locals, needless to say silaanyo arrested them scaring off any more protests.

OffTheDome

Proud American
There’s govt mining going on in the town of Fiqi-Ayuub of Togdheer region,Somaliland, it’s already employed 500 locals

Trending