xaliimo talks about getting "branded"

alien

📍outer space
VIP
every somali in somalia has that. its used to cure yellow fever yet shes acting as if its something like fgm
:drakelaugh:

They used to do it because they thought it was medicinal. As for the blood ritual she mentions, I thought Somalis stopped that like 50 years ago? Traditionally that was called Zaar. It used to be done by ignorant nomads even up until the 60s and 70s. I read about it, thinking it must be a lie and asked older relatives thinking they would say it isn’t true, but they said it used to happen in the baadio. Even Saado Mire talks about it in her book, which I read a bit of. It is something Somalis of old used to do. I can’t believe that in some parts of the meey, they’re still doing that. Subhanallah

Last edited:

Based

VIP
My aabo had those marks all over him and I’d be fascinated at them when i was younger but he’d never tell me how he got them. The more you know

When people don’t have access to modern medicine they’ll accept anything. I don’t understand why she’s attacking people for poverty?

They used to do it because they thought it was medicinal. As for the blood ritual she mentions, I thought Somalis stopped that like 50 years ago? Traditionally that was called Zaar. It used to be done by ignorant nomads even up until the 60s and 70s. I read about it, thinking it must be a lie and asked older relatives thinking they would say it isn’t true, but they said it used to happen in the baadio. Even Saado Mire talks about it in her book, which I read a bit of. It is something Somalis of old used to do. I can’t believe that in some parts of the meey, they’re still doing that. Subhanallah
hey, what is Saado Mire's book called. Also do you have any other book recommendations

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Somalia is a big country with different people, different culture and customs, different classes, I cannot relate to this person at all except for a language that is +2000 years old, that can be learned and unlearned.

So yeah I feel sorry for these people, I have heard about it, and even seen kids growing up in school who are somali and I thought they were feral and seeing their parents no wonder, so more power to these kids now they are adult and speaking about their trauma.