Would You Classify Yourself As A "Nerd"?

For me, I am one. More of a cool nerd however. I like tech, robotics, theater, investing, nfts, metaphysics, virtual reality, video games, alt rap/Jungle, and David Bowie and Brian Eno's music.

In the African American community I would be seen as a Nikka Nerd, but I say this to not let deter you from finding your calling and being you. It's better to be yourself than be a fraud.

My style of dress is a pair of sweats and a graphic tee for work. However, I dress down and wear my kippa when I go out with a pair of New Balances. I like dressing alt Black at times.

How do you judge that? were you called a nerd growing up or do you self identify as a nerd?
I feel that being a nerd is an energy people sense from you and then go on to place that title onto you.
You can't just self label yourself as a nerd or a geek it has to be cosigned by those around you imo.

How do you judge that? were you called a nerd growing up or do you self identify as a nerd?
I feel that being a nerd is an energy people sense from you and then go on to place that title onto you.
You can't just self label yourself as a nerd or a geek it has to be cosigned by those around you imo.
I self identify. Growing up I hung with all the groups. Both Sports kids and nerds. People in my community see me as a nerd. I'm not the cool person, but well respected.

Last edited:
1CD6A361-C17A-40D7-ACD3-27A4AC6A8EDD.jpeg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
How does having varied interests make you a nerd? Don't confine yourself to hackneyed racial stereotypes. You are an individual and as such you can have a diversity of passions or intrigues in terms of activities, hobbies, music tastes and literature.