World Bank suggests Puntland & Jubbaland should give 20% of Port Revenue to Port less States.

In a meeting between the federal government and federal states the World Bank presented this thought on revenue sharing arrangements for Somalia. The idea proposes the establishment of an equalization pot into which port states contribute 20% of their international trade receipts, such that all FMSs would benefit from it.

I'm all for this under these conditions:
1- The federal government pays the salaries of Daraawiish forces, there was an agreement before but Farmaajo failed to fulfill it, The next government must recruit 3000 soldiers from each state and focus on eradicating alshabaab, and troops in neighboring states cooperate, for example the troops in Puntland and Galmudug fight together to eradicate alshabaab from mudug.
2- Transparency and detailed accounts of where the money is going.

This is the report, what do you think?

LMAO!

What about States that have other major sources of revenue, such as major farmlands? Why is one source of revenue up for discussion and the other isn't?

The audacity of this plan. I couldn't be a politician, I'd get arrested for hurting their feelings.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
In a meeting between the federal government and federal states the World Bank presented this thought on revenue sharing arrangements for Somalia. The idea proposes the establishment of an equalization pot into which port states contribute 20% of their international trade receipts, such that all FMSs would benefit from it.

I'm all for this under these conditions:
1- The federal government pays the salaries of Daraawiish forces, there was an agreement before but Farmaajo failed to fulfill it, The next government must recruit 3000 soldiers from each state and focus on eradicating alshabaab, and troops in neighboring states cooperate, for example the troops in Puntland and Galmudug fight together to eradicate alshabaab from mudug.
2- Transparency and detailed accounts of where the money is going.

This is the report, what do you think?

I am extremely opposed to even the thought of Puntland giving one cent to the useless Federal Government. They don't implement development projects, in fact they BLOCK development projects. They don't pay our troops, they haven't followed through with plans to train an inclusive army.

Yes, they want Puntland and Jubbaland to give money...... to them??

barbie-crack.gif

Last edited:
And this is why I am extremely opposed to even the thought of Puntland giving one cent to the useless Federal Government. They don't implement development projects, they don't pay our troops, they haven't followed through with plans to train an inclusive army.

Yes, they want Puntland and Jubbaland to give money?
Yeah, that's true. Farmaajo is something else .
but if the next government pays the troops I'm all for giving 20% of port revenue to other States, because that's a pocket change if you compare it to the soldiers salaries, and Puntland can invest the money on education, health and infrastructure.

Yeah, that's true. Farmaajo is something else .
but if the next government pays the troops I'm all for giving 20% of port revenue to other States, because that's a pocket change if you compare it to the soldiers salaries, and Puntland can invest the money on education, health and infrastructure.

Why should we give Port Revenue?

Bosaso Funding built that Federal Government to begin with. That's enough donation.

Are these other States going to give revenue from their major sources of income? See how that wasn't even brought up by the World Bank.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow I would elect u to represent Puntland when revenue-sharing is discussed between feds n state officials. PL doesn't get a nice 20% discount on their vegetables and fruits from the south yet they want us to give them 20% of our port earnings.

@warside Puntland being an 'arid land' should be given a 'discount' rates on the veggie-fruit sector of the south. I also want u to discuss where are 'darod' properties in hamar. We also demand the thugs who murdered our civilians in hamar in 91 to be brought to justice or the clan responsible to pay compensation. These victims weren't armed or fighting and come under 'compensation' regulations. It's a shame we have short memories in PL, but I sure don't and this raises the disgust level of other Somalis towards me.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow make sure when u represent PL in the future for discussions on revenue/power sharing between state n federal officials. Make sure u tell them the truth. We also will not accept a 'centralized' management of our revenues. We will create an 'account' called 'federal port taxes' and deposit our contribution from PL side.

The management of the account will be shared between state and federal officials. But what won't be shared is the 'control' of the infrastructure, we need a way to pull out our funding when these inexperienced ngo or macalin dugsi leaders want to play proxy wars for qatar which houses terrorists world wide. If the southies are not terrorists, why are they involved with a terror sponsor state like qatar?

Why should we give Port Revenue?

Bosaso Funding built that Federal Government to begin with. That's enough donation.

Are these other States going to give revenue from their major sources of income? See how that wasn't even brought up by the World Bank.
OK, let me put it this way, the salaries of daraawiish forces are 2.5 million every month and the revenue from the international trade tax last august was 2.6 million, so most of port revenue goes to the soldiers, So if the federal government pays the troops salaries Puntland will get a massive surplus even if we pay 20% of port revenue.

Mozart

You need people like me
OK, let me put it this way, the salaries of daraawiish forces are 2.5 million every month and the revenue from the international trade tax last august was 2.6 million, so most of port revenue goes to the soldiers, So if the federal government pays the troops salaries Puntland will get a massive surplus even if we pay 20% of port revenue.
Soldiers are loyal to whoever pays them. Puntland will always pay their salaries.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
That's true, It all depends if you trust the federal government, and you can't expect Puntland to trust Farmaajo .

We trust agreements and institutions. We will respect local treaties and foreign to raise up our political stability profile for international observors. We need a constitution that is finalized between state n feds, constitutional courts for spoilers, we want to see corruption watch-dog agency that is established consisting of state and federal officials to ensure all taxes, donor aids are spent to execute state recovery tasks or security obligations as agreed upon by state n feds.

PL isn't going in blind talking to farmajo, hsm, sharif, or other individuals. PL is a damn state and will follow state to state mechanism.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The World Bank is a Nabad iyo Nolol supporting organisation.

How much did Farmaajo pay them??

:lolbron:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What's Nabad iyo Nolol about this?, World Bank saw some states barely function and thought they need more money.

I was joking but the World Bank have been sort of helping Farmaajos cause recently.

Look at this short report for example:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I was joking but the World Bank have been sort of helping Farmaajos cause recently.

Look at this short report for example:

A housing boom and vehicle spending boom is the largest gdp contributors to industralized countries. Imagine we had 1000 employed local puntites who took out home loans of 50k each with subsidized land plots by the government every month.

That alone is a net add of 50 million a month and that's not including plumbers-electricians-doors-nails-window companies who are in the supply chain and their net growth nor the land rates that local governments will collect in revenue and increasing our budget.

Puntland really needs to look at housing projects for locals under a government n banking scheme called 'qof iyo guri' meaning every puntite or at least a great portion of the locals are home-owners and own assets, this will stop poverty of the next generation who can then build upon that generational wealth handed down by the previous generation.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@DR OSMAN the biggest GDP component for Somalia is Net Exports.

Since we import significantly more than we export, our net export is a negative figure which impacts our GDP.

We need to increase exports at least to level of imports to increase our GDP.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN the biggest GDP component for Somalia is Net Exports.

Since we import significantly more than we export, our net export is a negative figure which impacts our GDP.

We need to increase exports at least to level of imports to increase our GDP.

A 3rd world country has the symptoms of relying on primary industry exports. They all export their farming products which is an unskilled profession and low GDP earners. I wouldn't advice Somalia to seek 'exports' as they will join the 3rd world nations relying on a fruits n veg export economy becuz they are unskilled.

With the global consumption rate of fruits n vegs, there is already an over production in terms of producers which will lead to less earnings and keep them stuck in the poverty cycle. Fishery might be different but it's also capped to global consumption rate like any other export commodity. You simply can't produce something without analysin how many producers exist of the commodity and what the global consumption rates are.

No country will allow a flood of products to disturb their economy so we require puntland and trade partners to work out what market has a low producer and where puntites can fill the gap.

As puntites we need seasoned economists who can gouge where in the supply chain to benefit from where there is less producers and greater global demand. The difference will result in great export earnings but the way Somalis export now is useless, why don't we follow a planned economy re-structure. I believe the key is local not foreign, there is less competitors in the local market then there is in global market chains. That's my two cent. I want a Puntland economy focusing on internal industries while servicing it's own internal market not looking 'outwards' but 'inwards'.

What do u say mr farmajo @TekNiKo k

Trending

Latest posts