World Bank on offshore wind potential in Somalia

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
With what money? Better yet, with what money anyone is willing to give a country with no proper rule of law or stable governments? Even better yet, with what money people like Hassan Sheikh or Deni or whomever else won't pocket? Wee iska hadleen.

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
With what money? Better yet, with what money anyone is willing to give a country with no proper rule of law or stable governments? Even better yet, with what money people like Hassan Sheikh or Deni or whomever else won't pocket? Wee iska hadleen.
Why tf does every deegan need a port lmao, ok we get it longest coastline in Africa blah blah blah, we’re dealing with drought y’all let’s not daydream.

You seem confused, nobody is talking about giving money to politicians or funding the project today, this is to illustrate the potential of wind power in Somalia, World Bank is funding a transmission lines first and wants to connect it to the Ethiopian grid, then we will see what's the best way to produce our own electricity in the country.

Reborn
I sincerely hope no part of the Somali Republic is tied to the Ethiopian grid regardless of how cheap it may be :mjlol:

Decentralised power grids and creation is the way forward, for now, to quickly increase energy production and costs.

Take a look at this project in DJ

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Why tf does every deegan need a port lmao, ok we get it longest coastline in Africa blah blah blah, we’re dealing with drought y’all let’s not daydream.
Go to Italy and Spain every costal has city has a port and that gives its independent because they facilitate imports and exports

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
Go to Italy and Spain every costal has city has a port and that gives its independent because they facilitate imports and exports
Nah I’m talking about why are we putting that as a priority I get what you mean but we should be building infrastructure to build off of and good city planning

why would the world bank need to fund it? Puntland managed to raise 300 million for the port in Garacad, Somali investors can easily raise 1.2 billion.

Imagine the returns on an investment like that, buying electricity at 0.06 cents and selling it for 0.30 cents.

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
why would the world bank need to fund it? Puntland managed to raise 300 million for the port in Garacad, Somali investors can easily raise 1.2 billion.

Imagine the returns on an investment like that, buying electricity at 0.06 cents and selling it for 0.30 cents.
Somalis aren’t United in anything bro. Everyone only sends back to there deegans/home state, including me, so I won’t be hypocritical bro. This includes investors.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You seem confused, nobody is talking about giving money to politicians or funding the project today, this is to illustrate the potential of wind power in Somalia, World Bank is funding a transmission lines first and wants to connect it to the Ethiopian grid, then we will see what's the best way to produce our own electricity in the country.

I was just being a hater and melancholy about corruption in our wadan, walaal.

:kendrickcry:

Trending