Witnesses Somali fob man beating his wife in public.

World

VIP
dont listen to him @Amina99 this is a cowards advise.

a civilised society intervened when it’s citizens witness depravity. @World a women has the courage to intervene a possibly violent domestic violence situation and you as a man is advising to flee, shame on you.

I agree Amin’s shouldn’t physically confront him but stay in the line of sight and call police etc, there’s a lot you can do to intervene that doesn’t involve getting physical.

trust me you do not want to live in a society like China where no one intervenes in anything. There are lots of videos on YouTube of even child abductors doing their business with zero intervention from public, ppl just watching.
Call the police, I’m not saying don’t do that. But don’t record him, or physically intervene because you’ll be putting yourself in danger, all for a woman who will side with her husband even if he is physically abusive. I learnt my lesson years ago at 18 when a guy pulled out a knife on me for similar shit, and the woman went with him anyway. Don’t try save her when she doesn’t want to be saved.

Call the police, I’m not saying don’t do that. But don’t record him, or physically intervene because you’ll be putting yourself in danger, all for a woman who will side with her husband even if he is physically abusive. I learnt my lesson years ago at 18 when a guy pulled out a knife on me for similar shit, and the woman went with him anyway. Don’t try save her when she doesn’t want to be saved.

I am truly sorry that happened to you sir, and alhamdulliah Allah saved you that night, and like I said I somewhat agree that I won’t intervene in the future especially when it seems she taking his side.

And I wasn’t recording personally, it was my cousins and other white people around us.

Moral of the story mind your bussines and let some cadaan redneck be the superman . @Amina99 i guarantee you that couple are propably still toghther .

Loooooool I did learn my lesson and she mostly likely will stay with him.

I will intervene from afar.

The redneck only came in once he saw he was about to come charging at me lol.

Gladiolus

OGADENIA- Land Of The Brave
Knowing myself, I still would have intervened. No women in their right mind would say to leave her husband alone. The coward not only physically abuses her he abuses her mentally hence why she didnt accept help. I hope he meets his male match one of these days and they put him in a coma.

Knowing myself, I still would have intervened. No women in their right mind would say to leave her husband alone. The coward not only physically abuses her he abuses her mentally hence why she didnt accept help. I hope he meets his male match one of these days and they put him in a coma.

I agree and truly believe he has her mentally attached as well, cause she was telling us over and over, “it’s not his fault, he does this sometimes, and that HES MY HUSBAND DURRRRR.”

And when the white trucker came at him, he was still tryna fight his wife alongside him. But inshallah he’ll meet his match one day, and get his ass kicked.

Yeah I would. That’s her husband what business do I have as a stranger to interfere in their marriage? Especially since she is telling everyone to leave them alone.

What a sick view.

2 women a week are murdered by their abusive partners. But I suppose its okay, because that's there 'husband'.

When a persons life is at risk, and its very public, it is our business, but then again human blood, especially womens is probably cheap to you.

Apologies for long story ahead.

Please no harsh comments, just some much needed advice.

Were me and my cousins wrong to intervene and stop it ?
In the words of my cousins mother, she said it was wrong of us to step in and that it wasn’t our place nor business to intervene and that it was CAABEE.

Before you guys scream, it doesn’t happen in our culture, I’m not here to say domestic violence happens largely only in our community, but as a child that witnessed it within my own family, it does happen here and there like in any community.

We walking to tim hortons next to my house. After a while, we see this Somali fob couple arguing, and the man was getting aggressive with her to the point he walked in his car took off his jacket and went back to her and started beating on her and putting his arms around her in a chockhold and dragging her to their dodge caravan.

Me and my cousins amongst these two other white women immediately were yelling at him to stop and to not hit a woman.

We all screaming at him and eventually with his blood shot red eyes, he turned his rage to me screaming ***** ! You ***** ! Mind your business ! He turns into the Incredible Hulk and rips off his other shirt with the buttons flying off and charges at me.
Im like oh you gonna hit another woman too ? Try it !

Oh how foolish I was, cause he seems to actually want to hit me. His wife was tryna stop him.

This white trucker man came in just in time and stopped him from trying to hit me, telling him
To stop calling women *****es and not to hit women.

This farax who was almost my height (I’m 5’4 so he’s close to 5’6 ) is now trying to fight this 6’3 man lol.

The whole time his wife is pleading with us like that’s my husband it’s ok ! He gets mad like this sometimes, please leave him be.

The husband then gets away from white man and continues to grab his wife from behind the stomach and drag her into the car.
We all beg her not to go home with him.

The white man says to her if he was bold enough to beat you in public, imagine what he’ll do when you get home.

She looked defeated and said it’s ok, we have babies left at home, we have to go back and check on them and they drove off.

Folks made a police report and gave his liscense plate to which they were able to send a dispatcher to their address just to check on the woman.

Once we returned home. Their mother scolded us and said we should’ve minded our business and who cares if he was beating her up.

And that it’s CAABE to intervene to other people’s business.

I fully understand that this man could’ve seriously harmed me by charging at me, and I should be smarter, when it comes to intervening into strangers fight, but come on,

Idk about y’all but if I see a woman, Especially a fellow Somali woman getting physically beat by her husband. I wouldn’t want to just stand by.

She said who cares if he beating his wife and that’s it not our place to be nosy and stop it.
What do you all think ?

whoever saves a life is as though he had saved all mankind”. [2] Qur'an 7: 189

I find it embarrassing that he can beat his wife.

SubhanAllah This is a really big issue in our community. It is embarrassing to intervene when there is a possible danger to someone's life, but what if this person dies, its "oh she died Allah yarham , she was patient with him, may Allah grant her Jannah"?

You didn't do anything wrong. But next time, call 911, get the license plate number and shout from a safe distance

Bundasliga

El Prezidento league de bunda
@Amina99
there´s not much you can do.
the reaction of the victim tells me every intervention would only hurt the women more ! he will definitively punish her . i know of people loosing their life who stepped up for random women so its a tricky situation .

the only way to help her is to contacting behind the husbands back and trying build trust with her

She should lock him up, unacceptable to put your hands on your wife. This FOB think he in Somalia or something, shes probably just scared for her kids. Poor girl
Beating your wife in public isn't a fob thing 😥 that man is a psycho normally we do it behind closed doors :pachah1:

World

VIP
What a sick view.

2 women a week are murdered by their abusive partners. But I suppose its okay, because that's there 'husband'.

When a persons life is at risk, and its very public, it is our business, but then again human blood, especially womens is probably cheap to you.
Not saying don’t call the police, but you shouldn’t physically intervene or record them. What advice are you going to give when the guy who is beating his wife pulls out a knife and tries to stab you for physically intervening, all for his wife to go in his car and go home with him anyway?

Not saying don’t call the police, but you shouldn’t physically intervene or record them. What advice are you going to give when the guy who is beating his wife pulls out a knife and tries to stab you for physically intervening, all for his wife to go in his car and go home with him anyway?

No, it was the way in which you said you wouldn't get involved because he's her 'husband'. unfortunately, as of recently too many husbands/boyfriends are murdering their partners.

If your concern was merely a safety issue, then granted you're right. Calling the police is indeed the logical thing to do rather than throwing yourself into the mix.

Xaruun

VIP
Her husband is probably the main breadwinner so she knows she's screwed if he gets arrested (or maybe she's ok with the beatings). If you don't know her and can't help her get back on her feet and live independently then there's no point in intervening. It's too complicated of a situation and you aren't necessarily helping her by calling the police or fighting him. Also if he doesn't get arrested then he'll definitely redirect all his anger at her.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Yeah I would. That’s her husband what business do I have as a stranger to interfere in their marriage? Especially since she is telling everyone to leave them alone.

Thats unIslamic, if you see something wrong you can stop you should intervene

he made it everyone's business when he beat his wife in public. its like taking a dump in the middle of the street then expecting others to act like you are in your house and expecting privacy.

therefore you made the correct decision to help this poor woman.

Trending