Witnesses Somali fob man beating his wife in public.

Apologies for long story ahead.

Please no harsh comments, just some much needed advice.

Were me and my cousins wrong to intervene and stop it ?
In the words of my cousins mother, she said it was wrong of us to step in and that it wasn’t our place nor business to intervene and that it was CAABEE.

Before you guys scream, it doesn’t happen in our culture, I’m not here to say domestic violence happens largely only in our community, but as a child that witnessed it within my own family, it does happen here and there like in any community.

We walking to tim hortons next to my house. After a while, we see this Somali fob couple arguing, and the man was getting aggressive with her to the point he walked in his car took off his jacket and went back to her and started beating on her and putting his arms around her in a chockhold and dragging her to their dodge caravan.

Me and my cousins amongst these two other white women immediately were yelling at him to stop and to not hit a woman.

We all screaming at him and eventually with his blood shot red eyes, he turned his rage to me screaming ***** ! You ***** ! Mind your business ! He turns into the Incredible Hulk and rips off his other shirt with the buttons flying off and charges at me.
Im like oh you gonna hit another woman too ? Try it !

Oh how foolish I was, cause he seems to actually want to hit me. His wife was tryna stop him.

This white trucker man came in just in time and stopped him from trying to hit me, telling him
To stop calling women *****es and not to hit women.

This farax who was almost my height (I’m 5’4 so he’s close to 5’6 ) is now trying to fight this 6’3 man lol.

The whole time his wife is pleading with us like that’s my husband it’s ok ! He gets mad like this sometimes, please leave him be.

The husband then gets away from white man and continues to grab his wife from behind the stomach and drag her into the car.
We all beg her not to go home with him.

The white man says to her if he was bold enough to beat you in public, imagine what he’ll do when you get home.

She looked defeated and said it’s ok, we have babies left at home, we have to go back and check on them and they drove off.

Folks made a police report and gave his liscense plate to which they were able to send a dispatcher to their address just to check on the woman.

Once we returned home. Their mother scolded us and said we should’ve minded our business and who cares if he was beating her up.

And that it’s CAABE to intervene to other people’s business.

I fully understand that this man could’ve seriously harmed me by charging at me, and I should be smarter, when it comes to intervening into strangers fight, but come on,

Idk about y’all but if I see a woman, Especially a fellow Somali woman getting physically beat by her husband. I wouldn’t want to just stand by.

She said who cares if he beating his wife and that’s it not our place to be nosy and stop it.
What do you all think ?

Boqorada

I Was Cheating In Prison..I Was Cheating ...
You did the right thing. Hopefully the woman leaves him instead of this being another tragic domestic violence story.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
She should lock him up, unacceptable to put your hands on your wife. This FOB think he in Somalia or something, shes probably just scared for her kids. Poor girl

You put your life at risk. You should have filmed it, took his plate nr and maybe said from distance leave her alone
I agree with you sir, and will not argue about that. I learnt my lesson from this and will not intervene that closely, but from afar and still take pics of liscene plate.

I guess with my own family issue of domestic violence in the past, it brought out something in me. But will take advice in the future.

She should lock him up, unacceptable to put your hands on your wife. This FOB think he in Somalia or something, shes probably just scared for her kids. Poor girl
He really does lol ! When I was there myself, I had a cousin getting beat by her “boyfriend” and they told me the same thing, to mind my business and if she wants to stay with him let her. I guess when I see things like this in action my adrenaline goes off.

Apologies for long story ahead.

Please no harsh comments, just some much needed advice.

Were me and my cousins wrong to intervene and stop it ?
In the words of my cousins mother, she said it was wrong of us to step in and that it wasn’t our place nor business to intervene and that it was CAABEE.

Before you guys scream, it doesn’t happen in our culture, I’m not here to say domestic violence happens largely only in our community, but as a child that witnessed it within my own family, it does happen here and there like in any community.

We walking to tim hortons next to my house. After a while, we see this Somali fob couple arguing, and the man was getting aggressive with her to the point he walked in his car took off his jacket and went back to her and started beating on her and putting his arms around her in a chockhold and dragging her to their dodge caravan.

Me and my cousins amongst these two other white women immediately were yelling at him to stop and to not hit a woman.

We all screaming at him and eventually with his blood shot red eyes, he turned his rage to me screaming ***** ! You ***** ! Mind your business ! He turns into the Incredible Hulk and rips off his other shirt with the buttons flying off and charges at me.
Im like oh you gonna hit another woman too ? Try it !

Oh how foolish I was, cause he seems to actually want to hit me. His wife was tryna stop him.

This white trucker man came in just in time and stopped him from trying to hit me, telling him
To stop calling women *****es and not to hit women.

This farax who was almost my height (I’m 5’4 so he’s close to 5’6 ) is now trying to fight this 6’3 man lol.

The whole time his wife is pleading with us like that’s my husband it’s ok ! He gets mad like this sometimes, please leave him be.

The husband then gets away from white man and continues to grab his wife from behind the stomach and drag her into the car.
We all beg her not to go home with him.

The white man says to her if he was bold enough to beat you in public, imagine what he’ll do when you get home.

She looked defeated and said it’s ok, we have babies left at home, we have to go back and check on them and they drove off.

Folks made a police report and gave his liscense plate to which they were able to send a dispatcher to their address just to check on the woman.

Once we returned home. Their mother scolded us and said we should’ve minded our business and who cares if he was beating her up.

And that it’s CAABE to intervene to other people’s business.

I fully understand that this man could’ve seriously harmed me by charging at me, and I should be smarter, when it comes to intervening into strangers fight, but come on,

Idk about y’all but if I see a woman, Especially a fellow Somali woman getting physically beat by her husband. I wouldn’t want to just stand by.

She said who cares if he beating his wife and that’s it not our place to be nosy and stop it.
What do you all think ?
Honestly sounds traumatising and sad. I’m glad you’re fine and inshallah the woman is fine.

Honestly sounds traumatising and sad. I’m glad you’re fine and inshallah the woman is fine.
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad I’m fine too, but like someone else mentioned he could’ve had a weapon on him and really do something to me for stepping to him.
Inshallah the women and her babies are fine.

I would have called 911 from a distance! That all the help i'm offering!
I don’t blame you. I realize now just cause the man is short, that his fist carries the strength of a man still and I should’ve been more careful getting in his face since he wanted to fight me as well looool

That’s not your business. Stop trying to intervene in other people’s lives.
I understand , but it was happening right next to me, and seeing him really beat on her was tough to watch. If you saw a Miskeen hoyoo being beat by her man, you would keep walking and mind your business ?
To each their own tho. Everyone has their own mindset when it comes to things like this.

Attachments

• EC3645E0-9E71-412F-835F-F1B4E924C2F3.jpeg
    EC3645E0-9E71-412F-835F-F1B4E924C2F3.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 107
This pic was from white women recording it all and sent to me, took out the liscene plate due to privacy reasons. But the wife on the left side of the pic was telling all people there to leave her husband alone as he can’t help getting mad all the time.

World

VIP
I understand , but it was happening right next to me, and seeing him really beat on her was tough to watch. If you saw a Miskeen hoyoo being beat by her man, you would keep walking and mind your business ?
To each their own tho. Everyone has their own mindset when it comes to things like this.
Yeah I would. That’s her husband what business do I have as a stranger to interfere in their marriage? Especially since she is telling everyone to leave them alone.

Trending