Puntland Wind + Solar + Pumped Hydro Storage

sincity

develop | Ishaaqi | أرض الصومال أولاً
VIP
Both solar and wind diminish after sunset so there's a need for a 3rd solution. It took lithium batteries 30 years to reach their current state and they are still not an option for long term energy storage. Bari's geography is fit for pumped hydro storage.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RasCanjero

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Most the northern coast is perfect for pumped hydro.

Easily cheaper than batteries since we could use domestic manpower and resources for this.

Investors also don't need to worry about theft unlike with solar panels or batteries.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I didn't realize that this was that much better than batteries. The setup they have would probably have too much evaporation in Puntland and building a closed system might be difficult depending on the size of the reservoir. Too bad we don't have rivers. I wonder if we could use seawater. Are there salt-proof pipes and coatings?

I didn't realize that this was that much better than batteries. The setup they have would probably have too much evaporation in Puntland and building a closed system might be difficult depending on the size of the reservoir. Too bad we don't have rivers. I wonder if we could use seawater. Are there salt-proof pipes and coatings?
You could probably use the same pipes they use for desalination plants

sincity

develop | Ishaaqi | أرض الصومال أولاً
VIP
It can be done alongside rivers and the sea. Here's a version being created in Duqm, Oman.

Latest posts