Why you should never pay 50k mehr

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
VIP
Ok.... I know a lot of Somali girls scream that want 50k, but it's mostly to impress other girls. I have never in my life heard of a wedding failing to happen due to someone not being able to fulfill mahr requirements. She's screaming 50k on the TL, but she'll marry a 5'7 Abdi and go halves on the wedding if he gives her attention
Why u making like 5’7 short :dwill:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Staff Member
I never heard of someone asking for 50k meher but meher shouldn't be much of a topic because you should be spoiling her

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
That amounts to around 60 camels back home,:patrice:

The ones I’ve spoke to never went above 5k

LMAO you're all dumb. At best Abdis spend between 5 to 10k on the mehr but this whole thing you hear which amounts to 30k is usually spent on finding a house, furniture and everything that goes into the house. The actual wedding is about $4k because food and the cake and the one day rent for the hall. Most Abdis money goes to the house and honeymoon.

No Abdi actually pays $50k to the family and then some more for the house and wedding.

Ebuo

Forza Somalia!
VIP
LMAO you're all dumb. At best Abdis spend between 5 to 10k on the mehr but this whole thing you hear which amounts to 30k is usually spent on finding a house, furniture and everything that goes into the house. The actual wedding is about $4k because food and the cake and the one day rent for the hall. Most Abdis money goes to the house and honeymoon.

No Abdi actually pays $50k to the family and then some more for the house and wedding.
the mehr goes to the wife, not to her family

oh please all I see is halimos n paying for their own weddings. I don't know why yall propagate these f also narrative halimos are better off than most faraxs anyways. Yall are cheap! Smh

the mehr goes to the wife, not to her family
No it goes to the family. They control the asking price as well. Most kind families tend to push the mehr down to 1 condition which is divorce. So as long as your married you don't need to pay the mehr only when you divorce is when you pay. That's what my friend did. This whole asking for it upfront started because a lot of men who're usually pissed off getting divorced would refuse to pay.

BobSmoke

Girl, you're free to come and fly
In my mind, a woman who actually likes you would'nt ask for $50k. That dont mean you shouldnt have already stacked that amount in case. It just means more money to invest in an asset that produces income or a downpayment for a yard