Why women in Bangladesh are increasing divorce rate

I do not know the full reason behind this, there could be more reasons as to why women divorce, I know the asian culture in general is mysoginistic, and maybe women getting better education gives them more options not to stay in abusive or toxic marriages which thye would have previously been forced to be in due to financial dependence and family values. Nevertheless this is interesting

Timo Jelics probably have one of the most misogynistic cultures. Acid attacks, killing wives due to lack of dowry, forced marriages and women having to stay in abusive marriages that at times even results in disability and illnesses happens a lot there. Also, supposedly more uneducated and rural women are getting divorced in Bangladesh than actually richer and education women. Those women have more to loose so what does that tell you about the state of women's rights there? Imagine being poor, being stigmatized and probably not getting alimony/child support but you'd still rather leave because of how dire situation is.

Knowing all of this, can we really sit here and think an increase in divorce rates are bad? I would much prefer to see someone actually alive and healthy, than married and or serverly beat up or under the ground. That is how dire things can get in that part of the world.

Last edited:

Trending