Why parents of Dhaqan Celis are to blame.

It is easy to blame kids who are doing wrong but sending them back home is an awful and very short sighted plan that awful parents do. It confirms to the children that you are not a authority figure and that you have no other way of guiding them. It also severely hurts their chances of success they get behind in academics and their chances at pursuing higher education is much lower. Also somalia isnt this utopia of morals where everyone is a straight edge individual there is bad everywhere in the world.
Parents of SSpot thoughts?

I agree (not a parent though). Disciplining children starts when they are young. Not screaming and yelling but actually talking to your child. Somalis need to learn how to parent. Having a bunch of kids =/ good parenting.

Dhaqaan ceelis is a last resort, and kids come back worse than before. Not worth it. You cannot expect someone else to raise your child, or to pick up where you fell short.

I agree (not a parent though). Disciplining children starts when they are young. Not screaming and yelling but actually talking to your child. Somalis need to learn how to parent. Having a bunch of kids =/ good parenting.

Dhaqaan ceelis is a last resort, and kids come back worse than before. Not worth it. You cannot expect someone else to raise your child, or to pick up where you fell short.
How about I remove the brackets :silanyolaugh:

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
It is easy to blame kids who are doing wrong but sending them back home is an awful and very short sighted plan that awful parents do. It confirms to the children that you are not a authority figure and that you have no other way of guiding them. It also severely hurts their chances of success they get behind in academics and their chances at pursuing higher education is much lower. Also somalia isnt this utopia of morals where everyone is a straight edge individual there is bad everywhere in the world.
Parents of SSpot thoughts?
It also severely hurts their chances of success they get behind in academics and their chances at pursuing higher education is much lower.
This.:yousmart: My cousin was sent to dhaqan celis. She used to do very well academically but when she came back she couldn't adjust and ended up in college instead of sixthform.

This.:yousmart: My cousin was sent to dhaqan celis. She used to do very well academically but when she came back she couldn't adjust and ended up in college instead of sixthform.
I have no clue what that means :ayaanswag: Uk people have a strange education system. But i know multiple people who have been screwed over because of Dhaqan celis.

We have the same problem with Sudanese kids growing up in the West, if they act bad or mess up at school, or take starting drugs. Sending them back home always seems to be the solution in these parent's eyes, or even worse getting them married to their first cousins when they aren't even responsible for themselves.

These parents who do this, are obviously shitty parents who had no say or interest in their kids lives to begin with.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Isn’t college ahead of six form?
Is a form like a year
Bro wtf is Britain’s education system ?

Imagine I picked college while my school principal was begging me to stay for sixth form. That poor decision turned me into the low skilled worker I am today. Met too many older ciyaal suuq in college.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Too much to explain, basically u got a choice of staying at school to enter uni straight, or going to an adult college and then enter uni.
Is an adult college like community college in the states?
Small classroom settings similar but easier work compared to uni?

Nothing wrong with dhaqan celis, just because you guys wanted to play Fortnite and call your mother's hitches doesn't mean they're a bad parent.

"Oh,no it's so difficult for the child in that predicament."
:silanyolaugh:
Really, grow up.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
If you want your kids to get dhaqan celis go back with them. Some parents send the kids to stay with relatives and their experience turns out to be horrible.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Dhaqan celis is some backwards shit, it's one of the reasons why every diaspora is filled with qashin. Dugsi is just a great way to create a bunch of ex-muslims who hate their parents.

You'd think turning your country into a punishment would seem like a bad idea.

Is an adult college like community college in the states?
Small classroom settings similar but easier work compared to uni?
Once you finish secondary school at 16 you move onto college or sixth form. They're both academically rigorous and insane levels of difficult, it more or less over prepares you for university and what subjects you're going to do. Sixth form is stricter and much more like secondary school where you can't leave and you still get homework, college has a lot less restrictions but you're still doing A levels. It's for 16-19 year olds.

Basically throw a bunch of students into the deep end and see who comes out then send them off to university is what they are.