Why Not Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
It's the same God isint it? Doesn't it bother you that your God once called for the murder of babies and raping of women?
Nowhere in there does it say to rape women. And yes, the God of Israel is my God as well. I am not ashamed of my passages in my book because I can defend them and hand the contextual information. The Quran however can only be defended until a normal person's conscious makes them realize the cruelty of the text. I am not brainwashed. I went through a phase of agnosticism and deism before understanding Christianity.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Christianity is the exact the same shit. Idk get why you would convert to Christianity when you dissected Islam. Islam makes more sense than Christianity tbh. I left Islam because of the scientific inaccuracies and the fact that it couldn't be reconciled with evolution. Whilst morality is important to me, it had no force with my apostasy.
You are made to think since a young age that Christianity is flawed. I was the same way. I told myself after leaving Islam that I would never join Christianity.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Nowhere in there does it say to rape women. And yes, the God of Israel is my God as well. I am not ashamed of my passages in my book because I can defend them and hand the contextual information. The Quran however can only be defended until a normal person's conscious makes them realize the cruelty of the text. I am not brainwashed. I went through a phase of agnosticism and deism before understanding Christianity.

The God of the bible makes it clear numerous times that the Jews can keep the female virgins alive for their enjoyment after killing everyone else. That's rape.

Muslims claim context for the violent verses in the Quran as well. You're able to see through that excuse when they use it but then proceed to use that very same excuse yourself? Have you read the old testament? It's the stuff of nightmares, ten times worse than the Quran.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
The God of the bible makes it clear numerous times that the Jews can keep the female virgins alive for their enjoyment after killing everyone else. That's rape.

Muslims claim context for the violent verses in the Quran as well. You're able to see through that excuse when they use it but then proceed to use that very same excuse yourself? Have you read the old testament? It's the stuff of nightmares, ten times worse than the Quran.
Except your laws are still in place whereas these were laws pre-messiah. Half of these verses are against stoning but you didn't bother reading them.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Except your laws are still in place whereas these were laws pre-messiah. Half of these verses are against stoning but you didn't bother reading them.

Verses in the old testament that are against stoning? Where? And if that is the case that would be a contradiction, since the bible calls for stoning on numerous occasions.

My point isint about what laws are or are not still in place. My point is how can you worship a God that once called for the most horrific stuff imaginable?

Verses in the old testament that are against stoning? Where? And if that is the case that would be a contradiction, since the bible calls for stoning on numerous occasions.

My point isint about what laws are or are not still in place. My point is how can you worship a God that once called for the most horrific stuff imaginable?
Forget it sxb. The definition of faith is to believe in something without substantial evidence. Whilst it may seem outrageous to you and me, it holds significance to others. People are willing to undergo severe mental gymnastics for it.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist

A contradiction? It literally states instances where stoning can happen and other instances where God was infuriated for man stoning under certain circumstances. You're too vehement in understanding the context because you want to compare it to your violent book.

Anyways, I already answered your second question but don't Muslims claim all of the Old Testament? :kodaksmiley:

Christianity states that the sacrificial laws are no longer needed due to Jesus's sacrifice.:denzelnigga:

So in reality you're trying to bring Christianity down because you can't bring Jihadism up.

If your problem is with the OT why do you guys continually bash Christianity rather than the Jews?:yacadiim:

Is it because Muhammad knew Christianity was correct?:dabcasar:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Forget it sxb. The definition of faith is to believe in something without substantial evidence. Whilst it may seem outrageous to you and me, it holds significance to others. People are willing to undergo severe mental gymnastics for it.
I really should be asking you this since you claim the OT in today's society and the Quran. You still believe in a violent religion after being exposed to it all your life. Whereas I as I have stated earlier that I went through a period of agnosticism and deism before accepting Christianity.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
A contradiction? It literally states instances where stoning can happen and other instances where God was infuriated for man stoning under certain circumstances. You're too vehement in understanding the context because you want to compare it to your violent book.

Anyways, I already answered your second question but don't Muslims claim all of the Old Testament? :kodaksmiley:

Christianity states that the sacrificial laws are no longer needed due to Jesus's sacrifice.:denzelnigga:

So in reality you're trying to bring Christianity down because you can't bring Jihadism up.

If your problem is with the OT why do you guys continually bash Christianity rather than the Jews?:yacadiim:

Is it because Muhammad knew Christianity was correct?:dabcasar:

What? My violent book? Didint you like my comment were i clearly said i left Islam? :ayaanswag:

I really should be asking you this since you claim the OT in today's society and the Quran. You still believe in a violent religion after being exposed to it all your life. Whereas I as I have stated earlier that I went through a period of agnosticism and deism before accepting Christianity.
I'm not a muslim. All abrahamic religions are syncretic, just borrowed concepts and ideas. Even the stories are unoriginal. Noah and the great flood is a borrowed concept from Zoroastrianism. Look it up.Even heaven and hell. The duality between salvation and destruction has deep roots in Zoroastrianism. Gnostic ideas. That's just one part of the myriad of the holes in the abrahamic religions. There is the geocentrism, flat earth claim, evolution...
If there is a god, he clearly hasn't descended his divinity on this small rock in the cosmos. Please don't strawman me when you do reply, tackle the questions at hand.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No, but you're :dabcasar:

Allah and Yahweh are the same. I would go as far as to say Yahweh is worse. At least Allah didn't tell Muslims to go kill children and babies :yacadiim:
I use English when referring to my God. They aren't the same when one encompasses the Lord Jesus Christ and the other endorses a filthy, pedophile, hairy, Arab.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I use English when referring to my God. They aren't the same when one encompasses the Lord Jesus Christ and the other endorses a filthy, pedophile, hairy, Arab.

Be careful, you might trigger some people on here :siilaanyolaugh:

We'll agree to disagree.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
A merciful god, and the existence of hell does not make sense. We as humans have determined torture to be barbaric, and is banned in a lot of countries. Yet your all mighty and wise god finds it acceptable to burn people in the most cruel of ways for eternity. Allah doesn't need anyone to worship him, so why does he send people to hell for disbelieving? Is he like Tinkerbell where he ceases to exist when no one believes in him? Muslims say that life is a test to see who believes in Allah. Those who pass get rewarded and those who fail get punished. That is coercion. Ones religion is also largely determined by their parents. Christians believe in their god as much as you believe in Allah. They think it's you who is following the false god and you think the same of them. Why is god going to punish someone for being wrong? Like Ricky Gervais said, religious people deny just 1 less god than atheists, and those of other religions.

There are also contradictions, and absolutely false stories in religious books. Noah's ark, splitting the moon, and so on.

Religion is also used as a way of control large groups of people. You get everybody scared of mystical punishment and they will do whatever is written in a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending