Why Most Somali Hip Hop Artists Can't Rap In Af Soomaali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering around and asking these sorts of particular questions for years now and haven't got any solutional answers yet.

Look we aren't lyrically challenged remember we are the nation's of poets, Hooyga Suugaanta
It's in our DNA to do some gabaay or maahmaah matter of facts we love to do some xeeraar rhyming while playing the durbaan at the same time (lol call it the fobs beatboxing)
we are not bunch of brainless mumble shithead.

In this era Somalis are residing everywhere around the world and they had developed large communities overseas with some integrating and some assimilating to their local host countries.

These estranged young diasporan somali generation have created the biggest rap scenes representing their homeland internationally.

Today you will See lots of Somali rappers from the UK, USA and Canada getting recognised and putting Somalis on the map.

But also there's been huge numbers of young inspiring somali artists rapping in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish,Arabic, Dutch, French and even in German.

However none of these rappers have a pride to spit some barz in their mother tongue, due to some having difficulties speaking Afsoomaali fluently and some actually believe that Somalis can't be lyrical at a point!

OK they may be right and I'm not blaming them but hey no worries let's look at our folks back home :)

Yep they do get some point
Look at those clowns rapping in afsoomaali it's these sort of people ruining the Image of Somali Hip Hop no wonder everyone takes somali rappers as a joke these fools like lil baliil and ilkacase(AKA boqorada buraanburka) they don't have no Fucking flow at all, they're only good at calaacal and their republication of hindi hindi songs

If you're not aware there has been a band of hard knock old school rappers in the late nineties however they're so underrated.

At least these guys are way better than those fucking ilkacase Lil Baliil arimaheena and many more trash clowns

They can at least deliver some flow at some illicit capacity

Beware to all my dhaqancelis yall Lil pump uzi vert looking ass confused generation won't understand the true definition of old school unheard realist somali rap!

https://youtu.be/2MKAK0JtKS4

https://youtu.be/RuYEZlEyQNA

:cool::cool::cool::cool::p

Yup but we can be
Sometimes Im inspired to rap in Afsoomaali but I just need the right words rhyming and to also sound logical and have flow at the same time looooool

Okay but when Somalis rap in different languages they sound Dope AF

Not gon lie

DUTCH RAPPERS

GERMAN RAPPERS

cambuulo shake

Ar Wakanda ii geeya
This one had me like
giphy (3).gif

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I've been wondering around and asking these sorts of particular questions for years now and haven't got any solutional answers yet.

Look we aren't lyrically challenged remember we are the nation's of poets, Hooyga Suugaanta
It's in our DNA to do some gabaay or maahmaah matter of facts we love to do some xeeraar rhyming while playing the durbaan at the same time (lol call it the fobs beatboxing)
we are not bunch of brainless mumble shithead.

In this era Somalis are residing everywhere around the world and they had developed large communities overseas with some integrating and some assimilating to their local host countries.

These estranged young diasporan somali generation have created the biggest rap scenes representing their homeland internationally.

Today you will See lots of Somali rappers from the UK, USA and Canada getting recognised and putting Somalis on the map.

But also there's been huge numbers of young inspiring somali artists rapping in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish,Arabic, Dutch, French and even in German.

However none of these rappers have a pride to spit some barz in their mother tongue, due to some having difficulties speaking Afsoomaali fluently and some actually believe that Somalis can't be lyrical at a point!

OK they may be right and I'm not blaming them but hey no worries let's look at our folks back home :)

Yep they do get some point
Look at those clowns rapping in afsoomaali it's these sort of people ruining the Image of Somali Hip Hop no wonder everyone takes somali rappers as a joke these fools like lil baliil and ilkacase(AKA boqorada buraanburka) they don't have no Fucking flow at all, they're only good at calaacal and their republication of hindi hindi songs

If you're not aware there has been a band of hard knock old school rappers in the late nineties however they're so underrated.

At least these guys are way better than those fucking ilkacase Lil Baliil arimaheena and many more trash clowns

They can at least deliver some flow at some illicit capacity

Beware to all my dhaqancelis yall Lil pump uzi vert looking ass confused generation won't understand the true definition of old school unheard realist somali rap!

https://youtu.be/2MKAK0JtKS4

https://youtu.be/RuYEZlEyQNA

:cool::cool::cool::cool::p

Jiijo was hit in Muqdisho i think it was between 2004-2006 i was dugsileey when i first heard it. We used to jump before going to weero with another village Lol

YALL gotta check out this Somali Canadian singer. He has a track called Somali Princess and he sings Somali language in his song

Welcome to Somalispot All Me

Why did you use a skinny twig Madow girl on your music video for "So Somali" and then make her wave the Somali flag?

Welcome to Somalispot All Me

Why did you use a skinny twig Madow girl on your music video for "So Somali" and then make her wave the Somali flag?
Hey there. This is a profile runner by Somali Greatness which manages the content of ALL.ME. According to my knowledge the female you are speaking of isn't Madow lol. Although the backlashes of her hiding her face wouldve been more humiliating for her if she did show her face. At the end of it all being prideful and proud of our country and culture shouldn't be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.