Why Is Travelling To The Stars Is In The Past?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I hear astro-physicists constantly repeating when u look at the sky and the stars, it's all in the PAST and doesn't really exist. This concept baffles me, maybe it's due to my ignorance of the cosmos. But I literally 'see' those stars in the sky at night in the present moment. Do they mean by the time 'we' as humans with our primitive technology 'reach' those stars they won't exist? or do they mean even if we could travel millions of kilometers per second we would arrive at those stars not existing?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Say We could travel billions of kilometer per hour. In 14 hours shouldn't we be able to be at the beginning of the universe origin since it's 14 billion years old.

The reason is cos c = the speed of light moves around 300,000 km/s. Our closest star to sol (our star) is proxima centauri around 4.2 light years away. This means that the light we are able to observe from this star was generated 4.2 years ago. We can never know what is happening in our cosmos in present time ever, that's a little scary to think. There are interstallear phenomena and objects that could be world ending and shi 🤣, like a gamma ray burst which could take place thousands of lightyears from earth, and hit us randomly, no instrumentation or contraptions are capable of knowing it would be on its way...

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The reason is cos c = the speed of light moves around 300,000 km/s. Our closest star to sol (our star) is proxima centauri around 4.2 light years away. This means that the light we are able to observe from this star was generated 4.2 years ago. We can never know what is happening in our cosmos in present time ever, that's a little scary to think. There are interstallear phenomena and objects that could be world ending and shi 🤣, like a gamma ray burst which could take place thousands of lightyears from earth, and hit us randomly, no instrumentation or contraptions are capable of knowing it would be on its way...

Khad. Thought experiment for 1 moment so I understand better. Say speed of light could travel 1 billion years per hour, and we magically found an instrument to travel 1 billion kms per hour. Technically could we reach the beginning of the universe origin at 14.8 billion years ago by covering 1 billion km per hour x 14 hours?

I know theoritically nothing can travel faster then light and light is 300,000 km each second. So even light may not even reach there. But is it due to our 'travel' issue that things r in the 'past' only? becuz I see the light of the stars in the present even tho I don't know how long it took for me to observe. Its hard concept to get my head around.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The other thing is when ppl talk about 'light' they describe it as if it exists separtely on it's own. The light itself is from actual suns no different our sun, in-fact our sun would also look like a star if viewed from the same distance. So the light being described is literally the 'sun' of far away space. R they saying the 'suns' died and the 'light is travelling' thru space, that wud make no sense.

Khad. Thought experiment for 1 moment so I understand better. Say speed of light could travel 1 billion years per hour, and we magically found an instrument to travel 1 billion kms per hour. Technically could we reach the beginning of the universe origin at 14.8 billion years ago by covering 1 billion km per hour x 14 hours?

I know theoritically nothing can travel faster then light and light is 300,000 km each second. So even light may not even reach there. But is it due to our 'travel' issue that things r in the 'past' only? becuz I see the light of the stars in the present even tho I don't know how long it took for me to observe. Its hard concept to get my head around.
I see what you mean, essentially what are saying is if the speed of light could be increased from 300 000 km/s to 3600 billion km/s if we do your conversion, would we be able to to travel to or close to the time of the big bangs inception if we had a space ship capable of moving close to that speed, then no. The causality of the big bang would have already taken places. Speed has no effect on time reversing, since time is a constant. What it would do is cause the object time dilation according to Einstein theory of relativity, this was proven in the Ives-Stillwell experiment basically, the object moving near lights peed would view other object as near frozen. If the speed of light could move that quickly, it would help with interstellar travel, the speed of light is really limiting. We can observe the light of the big bang to this day btw, its called the cosmic background radiation

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I see what you mean, essentially what are saying is if the speed of light could be increased from 300 000 km/s to 3600 billion km/s if we do your conversion, would we be able to to travel to or close to the time of the big bangs inception if we had a space ship capable of moving close to that speed, then no. The causality of the big bang would have already taken places. Speed has no effect on time reversing, since time is a constant. What it would do is cause the object time dilation according to Einstein theory of relativity, this was proven in the Ives-Stillwell experiment basically, the object moving near lights peed would view other object as near frozen. If the speed of light could move that quickly, it would help with interstellar travel, the speed of light is really limiting. We can observe the light of the big bang to this day btw, its called the cosmic background radiation

Do u know what's the accepted attributes of time? is it 'motion' and the ability to move? or is it distance between points? is it 'speed' between two points in a distance? is it all of that or some of it only? which comes first, second, third or do they co-exist like space-time do? is the concept of past-present-future actually in the cosmos or are these created by humans or is it subsequent side-effect of time? was there past-present-future in the early universe since suns/moons didn't exist which is what we use to measure time against? and if it did exist, what was used to measure it?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Khad2023 this issue of 'time' and 'space' are very complex topics, it's not your average physics thats for sure. The law of entropy says all 'systems' eventually degrade and decay over time. So that applies literally to anything that is within a 'mass'. Im not sure if it applies to energy tho. But einstein said mass n energy r the same and they only convert between each other. Your a 'mass' u will convert to energy, but 'energy' is what created u also 'semen, eggs' etc.

Is this all linked to some 'time' property in space or is time just a 'concept' and not actually real in the world. Einstein said space-time r co-joined like 'twins'. But where is 'time' property in space, I see Space but where is time? What happens if u remove the sun-moons..technically space will still exist right? if it exists, time will also.

So this issue of time is beyond suns-moons and was in the early universe. The sun/moon time we use is man-made I know that, but according to einstein there is a real 'cosmo' time outside of man made time. The question is what is that 'time' and where is it? is it merely just 'expansion' of space from one point to another?

Last edited:
Do u know what's the accepted attributes of time? is it 'motion' and the ability to move? or is it distance between points? is it 'speed' between two points in a distance? is it all of that or some of it only? which comes first, second, third or do they co-exist like space-time do? is the concept of past-present-future actually in the cosmos or are these created by humans or is it subsequent side-effect of time? was there past-present-future in the early universe since suns/moons didn't exist which is what we use to measure time against? and if it did exist, what was used to measure it?
Time is a constant I believe when dealing with caculations, but its this constant that is relative. Einstein theory of relativity has been proven to be partially correct as like I said earlier, two synchronised atomic clocks were set as identical, the one which was flown out in space reached high speeds and it was this speed that slowed down the clocks time compared to the stationary one on earth. The atomic clock in space had a constant time essentially, there is no malfunction just that it's relative time was slowed down albeit insigniificantly, it's only when it's near light speeds that it's significant enough to be of real impact. Another thing that affects time is gravity, high gravitational forces impact space time, if a spacecraft was to come close to a black hole not anywhere near its event horizon (points in which an aircraft could not escape the gravitational attraction) , the object that would be subject to the gravity would have its time immensely slowed down compared to objects that are not subjected to it, it's a bit wild. Time had its first inception from the big bang, the theory is that its when space-time was first established

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231021_103453_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231021_103453_Chrome.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I hear astro-physicists constantly repeating when u look at the sky and the stars, it's all in the PAST and doesn't really exist. This concept baffles me, maybe it's due to my ignorance of the cosmos. But I literally 'see' those stars in the sky at night in the present moment. Do they mean by the time 'we' as humans with our primitive technology 'reach' those stars they won't exist? or do they mean even if we could travel millions of kilometers per second we would arrive at those stars not existing?
Everything you see is slightly in the past. Just the time it takes for the light to reflect from something and reach your eyes. This is a near zero time in the world but as you look through a telescope to things thousands of light years away the time it takes for an object to bounce of that thing and hit your eyes is millenia. The sun is about 8 minutes.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Everything you see is slightly in the past. Just the time it takes for the light to reflect from something and reach your eyes. This is a near zero time in the world but as you look through a telescope to things thousands of light years away the time it takes for an object to bounce of that thing and hit your eyes is millenia. The sun is about 8 minutes.

Ahhh thanks that make sense now. Sun light is 8 minutes. Would that mean if U were at those distant stars and saw our sun, it would take millions of years to reach you also?

Khaemwaset

VIP
Ahhh thanks that make sense now. Sun light is 8 minutes. Would that mean if U were at those distant stars and saw our sun, it would take millions of years to reach you also?
Yes, let's say some aliens are 80 light years away from us and they took a big telescope to look at earth. For them ww2 would still be happening.

If they looked at earth from 100 million light years away they would see dinosaurs walking around.

From earth when we look at the sun we are looking at it as it was 8 minutes ago.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yes, let's say some aliens are 80 light years away from us and they took a big telescope to look at earth. For them ww2 would still be happening.

If they looked at earth from 100 million light years away they would see dinosaurs walking around.

From earth when we look at the sun we are looking at it as it was 8 minutes ago.

Gee light travel fast tho. The sun is like what? 148 million KM from Earth lol. Yet it arrives within 8 Minutes travel. For humans to even attempt travel with their current tech or anything in the future would never arrive their in 8 minute.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Khaemwaset I watched a youtube video that science is starting to question the past-present-future becuz it all exists within the universe, that's why u can see cosmic radiation from early universe. Time might be imaginary and man made. I know for a fact there is no place called nothing either, everything will remain on earth or universe and will just transform and transform into infinity. There reports that big bang isn't real and they only see the horizon and it streches way beyond possibly with no end.

That means dinosaurs r still roaming, ancient egypt is still doing its thing, religion founder exist, u exist in ur time also, plus all the future is existing simultenously.

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

VIP
@Khaemwaset I watched a youtube video that science is starting to question the past-present-future becuz it all exists within the universe, that's why u can see cosmic radiation from early universe. Time might be imaginary and man made. I know for a fact there is no place called nothing either, everything will remain on earth or universe and will just transform and transform into infinity. There reports that big bang isn't real and they only see the horizon and it streches way beyond possibly with no end.
I'm not learned enough to speak on time like this but I do believe the big bang probably is false. The universe is way bigger than we can ever imagine.

Acording to scientists, the universe is constantly expanding since the big bang. Well then it has an end? What is it expanding into? These are all just theories and shouldn't be taken as concrete ideas on how the universe began. These scientists are as clueless as we are.

Time is weird, time can be experienced differently. Heck you can even time travel forward technically if you are able to travel past the speed of light.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'm not learned enough to speak on time like this but I do believe the big bang probably is false. The universe is way bigger than we can ever imagine.

Acording to scientists, the universe is constantly expanding since the big bang. Well then it has an end? What is it expanding into? These are all just theories and shouldn't be taken as concrete ideas on how the universe began. These scientists are as clueless as we are.

Time is weird, time can be experienced differently. Heck you can even time travel forward technically if you are able to travel past the speed of light.

I know religion teaches God see the past-presence-future all together, but it seems like it may be embedded into our cosmo also in a real physical sense.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Khaemwaset every living matter has a blue print

1. Atomic level. Particles
2. Chemical level. Universal/Earth Elements
3. Biological level. Cells, Dna, etc

Those 3 thing are the fundamental blue print for all living things, where-as non living things have 1 and 2 but not 3. They say intelligence is uniquely human but with the rise of AI, even intelligence isn't unique and can be designed.

The only real unique thing is 'consciousness or awareness' and knowing u actually exist, that's something AI won't ever have nor animals. Animals may have it at a very low level state but not as sophisticated as humans. Could this be the soul religion talks about?

Funny thing nothing in the blue print above has a 'conscious' area identified inside atom-chemical-biology becuz animals have similar blue print but lacking our type of awareness. Who knows their conscious-awareness may be just as high as ours but only among themselves and we cannot tap into it.

Last edited:

Trending