Why is it Somali culture to not be present when you're wife give birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I've seen this a lot back home here not much

What happens is that the wife is at the hospital with her mom and other female relatives when the kid is born the dad gets a call if it's s boy or girl

ANd in some cases the baby or mom dies because of complications So why would someone not wanna be there?

We're not geeljires no more times are changing

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
It’s taboo to see the pussy that is why and it’s the same reason why xalimos like getting laid in the dark
It's taboo for a husband to see his wife's pussy?
giphy.gif

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It's taboo for a husband to see his wife's pussy?
giphy.gif
I don't really know the answer to that question fifty years ago in Britain men were not allowed to enter the birthing chamber, it's an old cultural practice, it was then understood by midwives that holistically it is better if the partner is actively engaged in the birthing process. But in the 50s it was a taboo for men to enter the delivery room. This is all new having parents hold the hands and even support the mother whilst she's giving birth, I find it romantic how the intimacy shared by both parents eases the stress of the mother. Ofcourse some women outright do not want their husbands present which is understandable, perhaps it's the shame or fear of their husbands catching them in their most vulnerable moment. Plus some men don't like the sight of blood which makes the process more terrifying for them, as a soon to be midwife I actively encourage partners to be present, don't be shy men stay by your partners and support her. She's in pain and needing you more than ever to help deliver the baby.

Last edited:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I don't really know the answer to that question fifty years ago in Britain men were not allowed to enter the birthing chamber, it's an old cultural practice, it was then understood by midwives that holistically it is better if the partner is actively engaged in the birthing process. But in the 50s it was a taboo for men to enter the delivery room. This is all new having parents hold the hands and even support the mother whilst she's giving birth, I find it romantic how the intimacy shared by both parents eases the stress of the mother. Ofcourse some women outright do not want their husbands present which is understandable
Interesting!
You're a nurse, right? Or a midwife? I can't remember which you said you were.
Do you see a lot of men with their wives during delivery of the baby?
Or most of the time are they alone?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Interesting!
You're a nurse, right? Or a midwife? I can't remember which you said you were.
Do you see a lot of men with their wives during delivery of the baby?
Or most of the time are they alone?
I'm a qualified nurse but I plan to study midwifery next year, I will let you know once I'm out there experiencing what exactly the mechanics of birthing involves and who the active players are. I plan to be dual qualified nurse and midwife :)

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I wouldn't want to my husband next to me while giving birth.

I've been in the room with my friend when she was giving birth, it's the most traumatizing thing you will experience Wallahi. The screaming, the cursing, farting and sometimes women shit when pushing the baby. No thank you, he can stay outside and come in when the baby is out and I'm cleaned up.

ExcessFame

True Villain
I wouldn't want to my husband next to me while giving birth.

I've been in the room with my friend when she was giving birth, it's the most traumatizing thing you will experience Wallahi. The screaming, the cursing, farting and sometimes women shit when pushing the baby. No thank you, he can stay outside and come in when the baby is out and I'm cleaned up.
If you're not there with your woman at her lowest, how can you be with her when she's at her zenith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending