Why is it a taboo for a Somali father to find a suitor for his daughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
When I went to the baadiyo back home, Somali women would get married off without their consent (arranged marriage). There is no degeneracy there, or massive divorce rates, or absent fathers. But in the cities, Somali woman would have to find a partner on her own. This in my opinion is disgusting. A women is easily impressed and can get wooed from her feet by a guy who just wants to use her for sex. So why would a Somali father encourage this? The same thing in the West. Somali fathers are not that involved in their daughters lives unlike in other Muslim communities. It’s seen as shameful to find a good man for your daughter, but chewing khaat in coffee shops all day is seen as honourable. This is one part of our culture I absolutely hate.

World

VIP
You always hear of mothers/fathers arranging women for their sons to marry, but never arranging men for their daughters to marry. It should be the other way around if anything.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
World....this subject is a little bit heavy for early in the morning. Can we discuss a lighter subject????

Can u navigate GPS direction instructions in the Somali Baadiyo u visited? Or do people rely by studying the ground and following foot prints???

Muji

VIP
Attention women and decent folk of this forum.

Do not bite the bait! Do not send this thread to 8 pages! This trolls knows outrage will make his thread a hit! Do not complain about online gender wars and feed into it at the same time.

When I went to the baadiyo back home, Somali women would get married off without their consent (forced marriage). There is no degeneracy there, or massive divorce rates, or absent fathers. But in the cities, Somali woman would have to find a partner on her own. This in my opinion is disgusting. A women is easily impressed and can get wooed from her feet by a guy who just wants to use her for sex. So why would a Somali father encourage this? The same thing in the West. Somali fathers are not that involved in their daughters lives unlike in other Muslim communities. It’s seen as shameful to find a good man for your daughter, but chewing khaat in coffee shops all day is seen as honourable. This is one part of our culture I absolutely hate.
First learn the definition of 'arranged marriage ' then give your opinion

Attention women and decent folk of this forum.

Do not bite the bait! Do not send this thread to 8 pages! This trolls knows outrage will make his thread a hit! Do not complain about online gender wars and feed into it at the same time.

Yes Sir!:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts