Why is Islam so bad to women and why do Islamic laws treat them more as property than a person?

Are women equal under Islam?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unfortunate you feel this way. This is not sanctioned by religion though.

We don't have the notion Eve was created from Adam's rib or that she tempted him. Nor does Islam say men are ontologically superior to women.

Liberal. Muslim. Look it up :kodaksmiley:

You hate our family, you want to keep us immoral and pathetic. YOU HATE US, YOU HATE MORALITY, YOU HATE CHILDREN, YOU HATE WOMEN AND GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL!

We're going to find the lever to beat you. We're going to beat you! I'm sorry I get so emotional. Look at you, shark face, look at your demon face. That's a FRICKEN DEMON folks!

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females

The man pays Mehr, so that one makes sense.

I have bigger problem with

1: Our testimony only counting 1/2 of a man.
2: The guardian system.
3: Honor killings.
4: Female circumcision with the explicit purpose of making women "pure and dislike sex".
5: Domestic violence being rampant in Muslim countries. In Afghanistan more than 87 % of women experience violence.

I think this topic is broader than white and black. As a faithless person i can say this:

Islam favours women in certain aspects like the economy for instance where women enjoy alot of privileges than the other non Muslim women.

Islamic women have also enjoyed a lot more freedom if you were to compare with the others before the 19th century, but Islam and cultures intermingle a lot which makes the two inseparable hence why some culture oppress the women.

Islam has not progress as others have progressed, and that makes a lot of people tempted by the western model.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Hey steam, it’s always good to ask questions and properly investigate to get a good answer. However I do not believe anyone on sspot is qualified to answer that. Please direct it at scholars and let us know. :)

Indonesia, Pakistan, turkey, senegal, Kosovo, Mali, Bangladesh, Mauritius, and Singapore had women presidents before USA
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The measure of a country is not when they had female leadership. The US had a black President and now ethno-nationalism is more rampant than before. Singapore is NOT muslim....

Instead the measure must be how equal are women with men in rights, access to healthcare/education, how is violence against women treated.

Dark light,

Please don't bring one verse out of context.

The relevent context is that women are not obligated to look after the finances of a household. In other words she can utilise her income however she wishes. However, a man is legally required to look after the financial needs of his family.

Also, Islamic inheritance is complicated. They invented algebra to simplify it. In 11 out of 14 cases, women receive a more favourable share.

The man pays Mehr, so that one makes sense.

I have bigger problem with

1: Our testimony only counting 1/2 of a man.
2: The guardian system.
3: Honor killings.
4: Female circumcision with the explicit purpose of making women "pure and dislike sex".
5: Domestic violence being rampant in Muslim countries. In Afghanistan more than 87 % of women experience violence.

its still wrong that a son deserves more than a daughter. the Quran is supposed to be timeless and superior.

their all problematic and i can't comprehend how a religion that is perfect is flawed.

I think this topic is broader than white and black. As a faithless person i can say this:

Islam favours women in certain aspects like the economy for instance where women enjoy alot of privileges than the other non Muslim women.

Islamic women have also enjoyed a lot more freedom if you were to compare with the others before the 19th century, but Islam and cultures intermingle a lot which makes the two inseparable hence why some culture oppress the women.

Islam has not progress as others have progressed, and that makes a lot of people tempted by the western model.

How is law school brother? You basically incriminated your client in your defense:bell:

Feminism happened in the 19th century and in the same way we do not let us be satisfied by 19th century technological standards, we shouldn't be satisfied by at best mediocre treatment of women in Islamic countries. :nahgirl:

its still wrong that a son deserves more than a daughter. the Quran is supposed to be timeless and superior.

their all problematic and i can't comprehend how a religion that is perfect is flawed.

Good ideas can be corrupted by bad people.:icon exclaim:

Add to the fact that many are hypocritical. Arabs talking about Ummah, when they bomb other muslim countries and live in golden cast, while starvation continues. :O27GWRK:

Worst of all, they want us not to question it unless we be sent to Hell :uCkf6mf:

People seem to be confusing culture and religious injunction.

Islam doesn't sanction honour killings. Actually it doesn't even sanction death for sexual misconduct. It is impossible to meet the requirements for the Hadd so it functions as a warning of how wretched it is.

Hitting your wife is not allowed. The circumcision you speak of is also not sanctioned. It is called Pharaonic for God's sake.

Also the thing about women count as 1/2 a witness is not true. The relevant verse had a particular context and does not imply a female witness is not equal to a man. It doesn't even relate to giving testimony. The simple proof is women narrated hadith and no one said they are only 1/2 a man. In fact, there was not a single unreliable female narrator of hadith.

Last edited:
The measure of a country is not when they had female leadership. The US had a black President and now ethno-nationalism is more rampant than before. Singapore is NOT muslim....

Instead the measure must be how equal are women with men in rights, access to healthcare/education, how is violence against women treated.
Women and men are not equal though
But yes I agree with you women should have more rights in Islamic countries
It's a shame too since women used to have a significant role in Islam Aisha used to lead battles after the death of the prophet

People seem to be confusing culture and religious injunction.

Islam doesn't sanction honour killings. Actually it doesn't even sanction death for sexual misconduct. It is impossible to meet the requirements for the Hadd so it functions as a warning of how wretched it is.

Hitting your wife is not allowed. The circumcision you speak of is also not sanctioned. It is called Pharaonic for God's sake.

I think the difference is you want us to see the theory, but we see the reality with our lying eyes :childplease:

I could agree that culture has corrupted religion, and that many of the problems are not unqiuely islamic, but the SCALE and COMBINATION of the crimes against women are staggering regardless :jcoleno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending