Why I refuse to respect my elders

Discussion in 'General' started by Knowles, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Knowles

Knowles Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +13,294
    Lol sis things like this only worked back at home where you needed the support of your elders to exist a pitiful life.

In the West my rights are protected by the Law, what’s some habar or farax disapproval going to do to me? Will it burn my degrees? Will it make me unemployable? Will I be bankrupt as a result? NO! Then go ahead.

2. Knowles

Ratings:
    +13,294
    Lol I’m not violent. That said xalimo would have reached iconic status if she hadn’t beaten up the lady because of her father two-timing her mother.

My response to these Somali elders is to fight fire with fire; if they spread rumours about me I spread factual rumours about their families.

3. Knowles

Ratings:
    +13,294
    The whole respect your elders and clan leaders thing is the whole reason why somalia is a failed state! If you can’t see how it protects and serves those with power (men!) then there is nothing I can do for you.

4. Somalinimo

Somalinimo

Ratings:
    +431
    There's some steps we need to take.

1. Provide food, water and shelter for small tuulos.
    2. Stimulate basic economies. Fishing, farming and herding.
    3. Teach them how to defend themselves. Provide weapons and training.
    4. Build schools for their kids.
    5. Network to other nearby tuulos.

Make sure these people can repeat what you've done with other tuulos.

You're going to have to reform the culture. Make life long monogamous marriages the norm. Don't approve of polygamy. Make military training for all boys compulsory. It's impossible to fund a large somali army now. Better for the people to fight for free by making them believe they are defending their women and children, instead of fighting for money. Make unemployment seem like a sin. We need everyone to be as productive as possible. No more lazy shithole.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lostbox

Lostbox 「Immortal Sage」

Ratings:
    +2,503
    These old men are backwards with the old way and have not earned the prestige of being called elder when all they have done is lived till old age. I'll be nice to them but that as far as it will go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  6. riyaale

riyaale

Ratings:
    +583
    This guy explains how uugas and tribal elders contributed in the downfall of Somali people.
    Yes, I know we cannot verify his claims.

Skip to min 31:15

• Like Like x 1
  7. Farhiya 687

Farhiya 687

Ratings:
    +800
    Everyone should be respected unless they act hella disrespectful. But just to be on the safe side if you ever get into it with them. Have witnesses present and audio recordings. Especially if they antagonise you. Usually I just ignore the rude comments or laugh it off. Luckily it’s rare. But yeah gotta be smart about framing it cause you could look like the bad guy. When you’re not smh.

• Love Love x 2
  8. simulacrum

simulacrum Neo-Darwinist

Ratings:
    +1,883
    All the elders responsible for the decline should be put in jail tbh. How are we just allowing them to roam freely in the west?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Farhiya 687

Farhiya 687

Ratings:
    +800
    “Put in jail” I can’t with some of you :ftw9nwa:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Zahra

Zahra

Ratings:
    +540
    Your very immature. Treat people kindly and with respect No Mattet how they approach you. Being the bigger person is NOT about how much better of a comeback you have for them, or how more hurtful or rude you can be. Being the bigger person is about biting your tongue and learning to control you frustration and anger No Matter what the situation your in is. So instead of warning other to tell other not to come around you because of their personality and how they act and talk maybe people shouldn't be around you because of how low you'd go to be at their immature level.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Raage

Raage

Ratings:
    +440
    Understand this: not everyone cares about their or their family's reputation among other Somalis! This state of mind takes strength and wisdom to achieve.

12. The alchemist

The alchemist

Ratings:
    +5,070
    Not caring about your family's reputation speaks to the level of immaturity. A wise person chooses his battles wisely, kid. And being confrontational with older people isn't strength but low impulse control.:mjlol:

Context is important too, but I speak in general.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Farhiya 687

Farhiya 687

Ratings:
    +800
    Yess potentially sabotaging potential relationships that could of helped with networking. Excluding nepotism sometimes it more about who you know.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Knowles

Ratings:
    +13,294
    Sis aren’t you the revert xalimo who brags about marrying a Somali man like you did something fancy.

xalimos...sorry I mean Beckys like you always do the most to get support from the wider Somali community. Unbeknownst to you we have a lot of war criminals in our community and hypocritical older xalimos who spread and fuel misogyny in order to appease the men. How I deal with them is not for your to be concerned about. If you want respect you have to give it, you can’t go around talking about me when your son is in prison for rape or theft. Have a little bit of humility that’s all I ask from these so called elders.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Knowles

Ratings:
    +13,294
    The isaaqs have recently earned my respect for taking that darood war criminal to an American court. Somali elders should not be handled with kiddy gloves. I assume each and every one of them is a war criminal and a hypocrite until they prove me wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. YourBroMoe

YourBroMoe Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

Ratings:
    +6,350
    I mean if my elder is cool, I'll vibe with him/her. If not, well I guess we're strangers with the same blood, you feel me?

• Like Like x 1
  17. YourBroMoe

YourBroMoe Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

Ratings:
    +6,350
    Yo, how many Somali elders that could potentially be the cause of the war do you meet in real life? You got a lot of energy coming into this fam.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Knowles

Ratings:
    +13,294
    Sis Israelis are looking for people who carried out administrative tasks during nazi Germany so they can be trialed in old age. Whilst we have war criminal, mass rapists driving around Uber’s in America, fleeing from a mess that they created. We need historians to dig up dirt on Somali war criminals so we can lock them up. If I had an elder who committed such acts in Somalia wallahi I would snitch.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. The alchemist

The alchemist

Ratings:
    +5,070
    Right. You have to do things for the greater good. There a lot of old people I don't like, but I still show respect and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Knowles

Ratings:
    +13,294
    Who said I knew any? Lay off the khaat.

• Informative Informative x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted