Why I refuse to respect my elders

Discussion in 'General' started by Knowles, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Knowles

Knowles Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +13,769
    Warn your fathers and elders if they ever step to me they will be treated the same way you would be treated.

Let me get one thing straight I don’t respect my elders, that merit is earned.

Somali elders will have the cheek to speak to you any way they wish and when they hear a clap back they have the nerve to play victim.

This culture of respecting your elders enables patriarchy. It’s the exact reason why Somali politician and tribal leaders, steal and kill with impunity. Or why these so called sheikhs get to brag about eating children. It’s because whenever we try to call them out you will get someone like @Inquisitive_ protecting their violent patriarchal privilege

This culture also tells us a woman should respect her husband when the same man is cheating with five different women. Respect is earned. I refused to go along with this foolery. I always tell my family don’t bring a Somali elder near me who wants to disrespect or I will remind them what their alcoholic son or jail bird husband gets up to.

• Like Like x 6
    • Qashin Qashin x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Tukraq

Tukraq

Ratings:
    +8,641
    you got to respect somali elders, they earned it
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Dr.Xayawaan

Dr.Xayawaan

Ratings:
    +677
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. AussieHustler

AussieHustler Incels need help not derision Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +14,574
    Good point. We are a society that rewards deadbeat fathers. No wonder then, divorce and single parenthood became mainstream.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The alchemist

The alchemist

Ratings:
    +5,168
    Understand this; if you act obnoxious and disrespectful in front of elders, it will reflect poorly on your family's reputation.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Jaydaan

Jaydaan

Ratings:
    +3,756
    I get your point sis and it is a problem you cant challenge elders when they wrong. But within limit......its ugly to see a young person in an old persons grill. Like those girls who beat up the auntie......dont take it too far

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. IstarZ

IstarZ Be a mountain or lean on one

Ratings:
    +901
    You need to give more context.

Did they stand in the way of your love affair with mr indhoyar?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. joko

joko

Ratings:
    +531
    I was with you until you turned this into a man bashing thing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Waaqo of Punt

Waaqo of Punt

Ratings:
    +1,375
    She doesn't know what compromise is. Sometimes u need it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +19,418

[​IMG] Matriarch elder saying Hello

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. TheShinning

TheShinning "You are your best thing"

Ratings:
    +6,927
    Somali elders feel entitled, they say whatever they want and do as the please but I usually just ignore them, don’t lose your cool it’s not worth it. You will always be the bad guy in that situation.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TekNiKo

TekNiKo VIP

Ratings:
    +9,696
    Subxanallah, you want us to become like white people who dump their parents in nursing homes? Cause thats how it starts, by disrespecting your elders is akin to disrespecting your parents....

• Like Like x 5
  13. Jaydaan

Jaydaan

Ratings:
    +3,756
    @Knowles is all talk though.....i can see her mouthing iff to an ayeeyo and get blooded up like that chick inblondon. Old school hooyos are way harder than new age xalimos

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. VixR

VixR Veritas VIP

Ratings:
    +14,019
    I can agree with you to an extent, but unless the specific elder in question is all the things you described, basically evil personified, I think it’s best to just not interact. And if they aren’t, I think they deserve regard. Aging and being close to death is tough stuff. You lose everything.

It catches up with them. I see people all the time who have no family while they’re on their deathbed despite having children listed on their chart who didn’t bother to make the trip, and then there’s the complete opposite where their family is there every step of the way.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Halimo-2018

Halimo-2018

Ratings:
    +1,595

Some elders can get on my nerve including my parents how i choose to react to it really says a lot about me than them.I can't baby sit an elderly person i respect them because they already lived their life. sometimes is just their age and things they went through that makes them do things. I respect them because they lived lif, one day if i an lucky enough that will be me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KobeBryant

KobeBryant

Ratings:
    +475
    This the greatest thing I ever seen :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Tukraq

Tukraq

Ratings:
    +8,641
    somali elders are straight alphas:mjlol: reminds me of odaay shirwac

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. Dino

Dino

Ratings:
    +1,102
    Respect is earned eh The garbage talk about from new age mumbo jumbo halimos.

In my line of work I respect everyone. Naturally. Whether they are the cleaners or the heads of departments. You respect everyone until they give you a reason not to. It is called basic human courtesy.

Something a lot of clowns on this site lack.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Somalinimo

Somalinimo

Ratings:
    +432
    Hierarchies are natural and inevitable. However, the people in those hierarchies today aren't worth the position they occupy. So any sane person would just ignore their existence.
    These hierarchies aren't written into law with a dozen institutions backing them. They're voluntary. The second we don't accept them they stop existing.
    The only reason clan elders have power is because we let them have it.

There's a need for a new elite. A real elite. A noble class of people to lead the way. That has to be the best of the best of us diaspora.

20. Knowles

Knowles Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +13,769
    Sis here you are trying desperately to be the contrarian because a woman wrote this post.

Your form of respect is not the same as my form of respect. Yes everyone should be dealt with, with polite curtesy- however respect suggests admiration. I will respect those who have done things that is worth admiring, e.g setting up a charity, becoming a foster parent, helping your community.

However, what I will not do is be forced into respecting some toxic Somali elder who abuses women, and supports misogyny. Do you understand or do I need to be it into simpler terms?

• Qashin Qashin x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted