Why i changed my stan on ssc being free from Somaliland

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@Sophisticate come get this guy :camby:
I would ignore it for the most part. I have a balanced view of history that isn't an exclusively victim or perpetrator binary. One can be both; similarly, anyone can have blood on their hands. If you kill innocent people, you certainly do. So, I would not engage in these sorts of back-and-forth discussions. Also, people will always be for their interests, and if something doesn't work for them, that speaks volumes. If you want to know my views, check out @NidarNidar and @daljirkadahsoon, as they seem quite similar.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
Does he scare you? My face isn’t intimidating only my eyes are, they always ask me why I look upset when it’s just my eyes my face is a cutie patootie even my enemies wouldn’t be intimidated by my glare I wish I was as ugly as him.
Nope your posts terrify me 😭😭

NidarNidar

Punisher
I would ignore it for the most part. I have a balanced view of history that isn't an exclusively victim or perpetrator binary. One can be both; similarly, anyone can have blood on their hands. If you kill innocent people, you certainly do. So, I would not engage in these sorts of back-and-forth discussions. Also, people will always be for their interests, and if something doesn't work for them, that speaks volumes. If you want to know my views, check out @NidarNidar and @daljirkadahsoon, as they seem quite similar.
@Wonyluvr
The Somali National Movement (SNM for short) was set up by Isaaq during the late 70s in Saudi Arabia and relocated to London in the 80s, it was a movement set up to counter nepotism, corruption and chaos which Somalia endured under Siad Barre's dictatorship and to reestablish democratic system, it wasn't originally a secessionist movement, but a splinter group from Afraad a section of Western Somali Liberation Front.

Afraad had Isaaq only, but due to the rape of an Isaaq woman near Wajaale and her teenage brother shot the two WSLF fighters dead, they executed the boy and some of his family members, the Afraad section then killed 14 Ogaden WSLF fighters for harassing the local population.

The Derg regime launched a massive campaign to clear the WSLF in the 1980s, WSLF managed to escape into northern Somalia, and Mengistu began supporting the SNM afterwards, the resulting war between SNM and WSLF was important in Ethiopia's strategy to exploit clan divisions within Somali society, SNM with the support of Ethiopian army forced WSLF out of its bases in the north and by 1985 the WSLF ceased to exist.

Somali Republic was set up for failure from the start, Northern Somali remained unchanged due to the British not being able to centralize power within the region, so instead of enforcing colonial systems, they opted to stick to the traditional institutions that have governed the region for centuries if not for the last Millennium, meanwhile the Italians introduced colonial style governance in the south, by centralising power and removing traditional governance.

The cracks appeared early after the failed war with Ethiopia in the late 1970’s. The north had a huge influx of Somali refugees from the Somali region, most being Ogadens, due to the scarcity in water tensions were high between the locals and the refugees, the Siad Barre regime made local militia exclusively made up of the refugees(this was made to fight alongside the WSLF) then started to commit injustices against the Isaaq, especially since it was in their territory, alongside the lack of development in the North which also affected Warsengele and Dulbahante (Darood), the Isaaq, the Gadabursi and the Issa.

In the mid 80;s after the closure of the Saudi market for Somali cattle exported, which consisted of 80% of the Norths trade, concentrated even more power to the south, following the peace accords signed by Siad Barrie and Mengistu to stop supporting rebels in the late 80’s, the SNM took action by attacking the cities of Burao and Hargeisa, the government responded with mass executions, heavily artillery bombardment and aerial bombing, refugees fleeing the combat who headed to the Ethiopian border were not spared, the SNM itself was not innocent either, killing several hundred civilians in the north.

The situation is more complex, and I didn't include the civil war in SL between the Isaaq in the 90's, one of the reasons the north didn't descend into complete chaos is due to traditional institutions that remained in the north.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
@Wonyluvr
The Somali National Movement (SNM for short) was set up by Isaaq during the late 70s in Saudi Arabia and relocated to London in the 80s, it was a movement set up to counter nepotism, corruption and chaos which Somalia endured under Siad Barre's dictatorship and to reestablish democratic system, it wasn't originally a secessionist movement, but a splinter group from Afraad a section of Western Somali Liberation Front.

Afraad had Isaaq only, but due to the rape of an Isaaq woman near Wajaale and her teenage brother shot the two WSLF fighters dead, they executed the boy and some of his family members, the Afraad section then killed 14 Ogaden WSLF fighters for harassing the local population.

The Derg regime launched a massive campaign to clear the WSLF in the 1980s, WSLF managed to escape into northern Somalia, and Mengistu began supporting the SNM afterwards, the resulting war between SNM and WSLF was important in Ethiopia's strategy to exploit clan divisions within Somali society, SNM with the support of Ethiopian army forced WSLF out of its bases in the north and by 1985 the WSLF ceased to exist.

Somali Republic was set up for failure from the start, Northern Somali remained unchanged due to the British not being able to centralize power within the region, so instead of enforcing colonial systems, they opted to stick to the traditional institutions that have governed the region for centuries if not for the last Millennium, meanwhile the Italians introduced colonial style governance in the south, by centralising power and removing traditional governance.

The cracks appeared early after the failed war with Ethiopia in the late 1970’s. The north had a huge influx of Somali refugees from the Somali region, most being Ogadens, due to the scarcity in water tensions were high between the locals and the refugees, the Siad Barre regime made local militia exclusively made up of the refugees(this was made to fight alongside the WSLF) then started to commit injustices against the Isaaq, especially since it was in their territory, alongside the lack of development in the North which also affected Warsengele and Dulbahante (Darood), the Isaaq, the Gadabursi and the Issa.

In the mid 80;s after the closure of the Saudi market for Somali cattle exported, which consisted of 80% of the Norths trade, concentrated even more power to the south, following the peace accords signed by Siad Barrie and Mengistu to stop supporting rebels in the late 80’s, the SNM took action by attacking the cities of Burao and Hargeisa, the government responded with mass executions, heavily artillery bombardment and aerial bombing, refugees fleeing the combat who headed to the Ethiopian border were not spared, the SNM itself was not innocent either, killing several hundred civilians in the north.

The situation is more complex, and I didn't include the civil war in SL between the Isaaq in the 90's, one of the reasons the north didn't descend into complete chaos is due to traditional institutions that remained in the north.
Thank you nidar for this little history lesson you are very knowledgable :salute:

If every group has done some wrong then every group is the same? This also is a kind of self-serving logic. It puts every wrong on the same level when there are clear distinctions that courts understand and that require different outcomes or at least justify different ends.

In the end that kind of logic minimizes the greater injustices and minimizes the greater wrongs.

You could put the Palestinians and Israel on the same level with that logic or the SNM and Siad Barre.

Last edited:
All Bantus shake their booties apparently there’s a group of madows whose men compete on how big their booties and their bellies are, I don’t know why?🤔honestly it’s just what they prefer maybe?🤔 @DR OSMAN boqor Kennedy saved reer sacad from this paganism subxanaAllah I gotta give it to you thanks for your service🫡you need to build a statue of boqor keenadid in Hobyo reer sacad have to look it up and pay respect every subax, duhur, galab iyo casar.
View attachment 327838
even the barwanis do it came from them then the bantu after brought theirs

Inshallah justice in this life or the next! That’s why I never take this ‘Isaaq Genocide’ stuff seriously. It happened to everyone.
Not a single group went unscathed during that period of Somalia's past. Shame that a certain people can't seem to accept that reality and move past it. They've had 3 decades to prove their capablities in building a competent, functional state yet their only accomplishment as of 2024 is being a slightly less worse version of it's south and their military being humiliated by one of it's 'own' regions. Lol.

Last edited:
Thank you nidar for this little history lesson you are very knowledgable :salute:
The more Isaaq refugees that flock into Hawd which is Ogaden territory the more that are killed or displaced by Ogaden this has never stopped it existed way back even before the time of Sayid Abdullahi Hassan, it never really stopped and didn’t start in 1977, it was literally in 2016 when Ogadens killed 40 isaaq men injured many others and arrested some in Gashaamo. Reer Isaaq subclan of Ogaden are constantly being advised to stop troubling the guests (isaaqs) by sultans of other Ogaden subclans. SNM killed women and children based on clan, they’d ask innocent civilians in the country side for their clan before killing them, they’d stop trucks and kill civilians based on clan, sometimes trucks could be full of civilians from other clans innocent civilians who have nothing to do with siyaad bare’s doings, their agenda was to kill as many Daroods as possible that’s it that’s how/why snm was formed, not to oppose or take down a government. When Ethiopians supported isaaqs and siyaad bare made deals with mangisto under the rug, Ogadens abandoned wslf and created their own liberation movement ONLF in 1984. Of course he wouldn’t tell you all this please don’t be fooled😆snm was formed due to nepotism kulaha🤣

Last edited:
The more Isaaq refugees that flock into Hawd which is Ogaden territory the more that are killed or displaced by Ogaden this has never stopped it existed way back even before the time of Sayid Abdullahi Hassan, it never really stopped and didn’t start in 1977, it was literally in 2016 when Ogadens killed 40 isaaq men injured many others and arrested some in Gashaamo. Reer Isaaq subclan of Ogaden are constantly being advised to stop troubling the guests (isaaqs) by sultans of other Ogaden subclans. SNM killed women and children based on clan, they’d ask innocent civilians in the country side for their clan before killing them, they’d stop trucks and kill civilians based on clan, sometimes trucks could be full of civilians from other clans innocent civilians who have nothing to do with siyaad bare’s doings, their agenda was to kill as many Daroods as possible that’s it that’s how/why snm was formed, not to oppose or take down a government. When Ethiopians supported isaaqs and siyaad bare made deals with mangisto under the rug, Ogadens abandoned wslf and created their own liberation movement ONLF in 1984. Of course he wouldn’t tell you all this please don’t be fooled😆snm was formed due to nepotism kulaha🤣

1715048302583.png

1715048334621.png