Why doesn't the FGS and the federal states track Al-Shabaab locations through their phones?

Regardless, even if Somalia did this, do you seriously think the UN and the other IC groups that bankroll the government will allow it.

Even countries that use these methods will pull their funding of Somalia attempts this.

Somalia can’t even be trusted with heavy firearms let alone the ability to tap phones.
I want IC cut off their funds. Their money is biggest contributer to Somalia's problems, it attracts the most corrupted anti Somalia guys to Somalia's political stage.
Somalis must be forced to behave like responsible adults and take the responsibility to fund, manage, secure their own country. If we're such a subhuman race, who's incapable to run their own country properly, we are not supposed to have a damn country at all.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I want IC cut off their funds. Their money is biggest contributer to Somalia's problems, it attracts the most corrupted anti Somalia guys to Somalia's political stage.
Somalis must be forced to behave like responsible adults and take the responsibility to fund, manage, secure their own country. If we're such a subhuman race, who's incapable to run their own country properly, we are not supposed to have a damn country at all.

It’s not even about cutting funding, we may even face sanctions for this.

International governance isn’t fair, so don’t assume you get play by the same rule book as others.

It’s not even about cutting funding, we may even face sanctions for this.

International governance isn’t fair, so don’t assume you get play by the same rule book as others.
Sanctions? Like for what? Somalia making it's country safe, won't result to sanctions. Only conflict entrepreneurs will be crying about dictatorship together with their Somali puppets, mainly clan motivated xoolos, who can't see beyond clanism.

It's really crazy how Somalis are ok with their country being controlled by foreigners in every sector, be it security, be it financial, be it geo-politically. But the moment another Somali does 1 tenth of this, Somalis from every corner other his clan members will start sounding the alarms.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Sanctions? Like for what? Somalia making it's country safe, won't result to sanctions. Only conflict entrepreneurs will be crying about dictatorship together with their Somali puppets, mainly clan motivated xoolos, who can't see beyond clanism.

It's really crazy how Somalis are ok with their country being controlled by foreigners in every sector, be it security, be it financial, be it geo-politically. But the moment another Somali does 1 tenth of this, Somalis from every corner other his clan members will start sounding the alarms.

You are under the impression that I disagree with you.

What I am trying to tell you is that the world of international governance isn't fair.

What is perfectly acceptable for one nation, won't be for Somalia. As you said, foreigners control a lot of Somalia. Do you think they or their governments will allow Somalia to regain its sovereignty that easily?

You are under the impression that I disagree with you.

What I am trying to tell you is that the world of international governance isn't fair.

What is perfectly acceptable for one nation, won't be for Somalia. As you said, foreigners control a lot of Somalia. Do you think they or their governments will allow Somalia to regain its sovereignty that easily?
Nothing is free or easy in this world, you have to fight for it.

Regardless, even if Somalia did this, do you seriously think the UN and the other IC groups that bankroll the government will allow it.

Even countries that use these methods will pull their funding of Somalia attempts this.

Somalia can’t even be trusted with heavy firearms let alone the ability to tap phones.
From where did you get the idea that the IC was against surveillance powers for Somalia? This is the first time i've heard this.

I would say it is the complete opposite, the IC would like nothing better than Somalia to have more control over its telecom infrastructure and improve its surveillance capabilities. Even the most left wing countries have robust surveillance capabilities, weak states would benefit even more with such capabilities. Surveillance tools can be misused just as military arms can be misused, I don't see the difference, and the latter has way more downside.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
From where did you get the idea that the IC was against surveillance powers for Somalia? This is the first time i've heard this.

I would say it is the complete opposite, the IC would like nothing better than Somalia to have more control over its telecom infrastructure and improve its surveillance capabilities. Even the most left wing countries have robust surveillance capabilities, weak states would benefit even more with such capabilities. Surveillance tools can be misused just as military arms can be misused, I don't see the difference, and the latter has way more downside.

They won’t let the Somali government have certain guns.

What seriously makes you think they’ll allow the president to have the power to tap phones.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It can be argued as abuse of power or authoritarianism.

The reason why no other country will get pulled up on it bar Somalia is because of the ICs influence on Somalia. They put more time and effort in Somalia than almost any other nation.

Furthermore, barely any country will allow their businesses to sell these equipment to the FGS. No one wants to be responsible if the IC kick up a fuss.

It isn’t fair but that’s how the world works.

:manny:

It can be argued as abuse of power or authoritarianism.

The reason why no other country will get pulled up on it bar Somalia is because of the ICs influence on Somalia. They put more time and effort in Somalia than almost any other nation.

Furthermore, barely any country will allow their businesses to sell these equipment to the FGS. No one wants to be responsible if the IC kick up a fuss.

It isn’t fair but that’s how the world works.

:manny:
Man what kind of shit are you smoking today?

Trending

Latest posts