Why do you think Muslim women struggle to wear the hijab fully or properly? And your general thoughts on hijab

I personally don't make my hijab tight or I'll look like humpty dumpty, but I have seen that a lot of Muslim women have a hijab transition , which I though was a convert thing but turns out raised Muslim women do it too. Like, I have no judgement for any of my hijabi or non hijabi queens, but I just want to know from the ukhtis, like if you don't wear hijab then why? What's your biggest obstacle. And I'd just lie to know whether u guys were conditioned as a child to wear hijab like me and then took it off, if it was an on/off relationship, if you wear it for non-religious reasons. I do try to connect my religion to my clothing but it is really hard, especially when you are raised with the reasons being that men will respect you more, or your husband will like you more, or you won't get raped or whatever. My upbringing with hijab was very male-orientated and I wasn't really made to feel that hijab was and is for me, but alhamdulilah I have learned to accept it as a part of my religion and femininity.

1652733866475.png

1652733926018.png

I'm personally at the shayla stage, although I ove to hijab sometimes. I like wearing jilbabs too, although they are not here.

Unfortunately, most of these girls throw away their dignity because they choose to be pathetically insecure.
I’ve seen the same story thousands of times.
Childhood: She wears the hijab because her parents encourage it and she has never considered not wearing it.
Adolescence: She is influenced by those around her to wear more revealing clothes so she can feel ‘empowered’ like they claim to be. She sees Muslim influencers and people around her removing their head coverings- even pushing it back by a few millimetres- and they look happy. So she does it too, and she also secretly purchases tighter and trendier clothes to wear when she’s out with friends.
Young adulthood: She has become ‘independent’ so she is experimenting with new looks and making friends with many different groups of people. It’s ‘harmless’, really. These non-Muslims she hangs out with are ‘one thousand times better than cliquey, judgemental Muslims!’ Her hijab is something she intends to wear ‘eventually,’ and her parents are beginning to ‘understand’ that.
Adulthood: She is an alcoholic drug user with little connection to her family and childhood friends. She spends every weeknight partying and her friends are growing out of that phase. Maybe she should try to settle down too?

Tbh I see how it’s difficult not to fall into that mindset, but in reality they could have chosen not to continue down that path at any point during the timeline. And many don’t, their shamelessness is desperate and embarrassing.

Unfortunately, most of these girls throw away their dignity because they choose to be pathetically insecure.
I’ve seen the same story thousands of times.
Childhood: She wears the hijab because her parents encourage it and she has never considered not wearing it.
Adolescence: She is influenced by those around her to wear more revealing clothes so she can feel ‘empowered’ like they claim to be. She sees Muslim influencers and people around her removing their head coverings- even pushing it back by a few millimetres- and they look happy. So she does it too, and she also secretly purchases tighter and trendier clothes to wear when she’s out with friends.
Young adulthood: She has become ‘independent’ so she is experimenting with new looks and making friends with many different groups of people. It’s ‘harmless’, really. These non-Muslims she hangs out with are ‘one thousand times better than cliquey, judgemental Muslims!’ Her hijab is something she intends to wear ‘eventually,’ and her parents are beginning to ‘understand’ that.
Adulthood: She is an alcoholic drug user with little connection to her family and childhood friends. She spends every weeknight partying and her friends are growing out of that phase. Maybe she should try to settle down too?

Tbh I see how it’s difficult not to fall into that mindset, but in reality they could have chosen not to continue down that path at any point during the timeline. And many don’t, their shamelessness is desperate and embarrassing.
ofc its really hard to accept the hijab as part of you for many Muslim women but you have a serious point with the fact that the steadfastness and pride wearing the hijab isn't there but they feel like they need to copy other people to feel better. Also, I do think the parents should be more careful with the girl in her early stages, bc neglecting them after they just start wearing a hijab will seriously mess them up long term.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
The solution is education. Kids need to know more about Islam. This a lesson for our generation, to not compromise on our kids' deen. You can't just send your kids to secular schools all their lives with all that non islamic exposure and expect their deen to be intact ..you will be looking to unwillingly bring up *a muslim by culture* kid who picks and chooses what is Islam and what's not

vanilla

i think with my heart
same reason why someone would struggle with any other sin. No one is perfect. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but I feel that struggles with hijab gets scrutinised the most.

same reason why someone would struggle with any other sin. No one is perfect. We all have our strengths and weaknesses but I feel that struggles with hijab gets scrutinised the most.
I'm not trying to judge as I am not perfect myself but I just want to see others perspectives and opinions

This is something I wonder too. Why is it so hard for Muslim women to hide their beauty to non mahrams? Why do they want to wear tight dresses, a veil that doesn't cover all the hair and the cleavage? Why sexualize yourself?

Screenshot_20220519-152107_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220519-151251_Chrome.jpg

This is something I wonder too. Why is it so hard for Muslim women to hide their beauty to non mahrams? Why do they want to wear tight dresses, a veil that doesn't cover all the hair and the cleavage? Why sexualize yourself?

View attachment 223958View attachment 223959
Valid questions you have Leorio but you must understand that in a western society like ours it is very hard for some Muslimahs, as they feel the need for beauty and looking the best. Honestly, I think that if people weren't so fixated on beauty standards (which are obviously targeted at women for the benefit of men) then many more Muslim women would want to cover themselves up

I think as women it’s in our fitrah to want to look nice and take care of our appearance. The struggle to not beautify yourself and conform to beauty norms is very real. Alhamdullilah I can dress up and do my makeup for my family in my home. I went all out for May 18 and took lots of nice pics mashallah. Not wearing makeup to work is easy for me Alhamdullilah but that doesn’t negate the fact that as a woman I still desire to look nice and feel pretty. I also love the idea of my beauty being for my families eyes only and not the world.
Valid questions you have Leorio but you must understand that in a western society like ours it is very hard for some Muslimahs, as they feel the need for beauty and looking the best. Honestly, I think that if people weren't so fixated on beauty standards (which are obviously targeted at women for the benefit of men) then many more Muslim women would want to cover themselves up

I think as women it’s in our fitrah to want to look nice and take care of our appearance. The struggle to not beautify yourself and conform to beauty norms is very real. Alhamdullilah I can dress up and do my makeup for my family in my home. I went all out for May 18 and took lots of nice pics mashallah. Not wearing makeup to work is easy for me Alhamdullilah but that doesn’t negate the fact that as a woman I still desire to look nice and feel pretty. I also love the idea of my beauty being for my families eyes only and not the world.
Masha'Allah sis u are really a prime example and role model for me (also somaliland ha noolato)
:it0tdo8: :it0tdo8: :it0tdo8:

Masha'Allah sis u are really a prime example and role model for me (also somaliland ha noolato)
:it0tdo8: :it0tdo8: :it0tdo8:
Elelelelele 💚🤍❤️ also it’s a journey and go at your own pace. I went from wearing makeup everyday, to only on days I was working, to now only on special occasions. Basically I went from full face, to concealer, to only eyemakeup (s/o to facemasks in the pandemic). I gradually decreased it and then became comfortable going out with no makeup. My struggle was I didn’t feel “professional” or put together w/o makeup and I didn’t want to appear tired because of my naturally dark under eyes. Remind yourself you are giving up makeup and doing this for the sake of Allah. I would make duaa Ya Allah make this easy for me and then it eventually came true.

Elelelelele 💚🤍❤️ also it’s a journey and go at your own pace. I went from wearing makeup everyday, to only on days I was working, to now only on special occasions. Basically I went from full face, to concealer, to only eyemakeup (s/o to facemasks in the pandemic). I gradually decreased it and then became comfortable going out with no makeup. My struggle was I didn’t feel “professional” or put together w/o makeup and I didn’t want to appear tired because of my naturally dark under eyes. Remind yourself you are giving up makeup and doing this for the sake of Allah. I would make duaa Ya Allah make this easy for me and then it eventually came true.
This is genuinely so inspirational because I found it really hard as well (even tho i'm 16 lol) but I really like how you emphasise that a person should take their time as many external factors try to rush people into something they are not comfortable with yet, which is the main reason why I won't force my potential daughters to wear hijaab. I would advise them, encourage , but after that its between them and Allah.

Trending

Latest posts