Why do these blacks like haile selassie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haile-selassie-i-lion-adrienne-norris.jpg
c1c3f0df-d814-40ec-9004-d6683f0ee7f0.jpg

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Marcus Garvey was a black intellectual who fought for black rights. He became an inspirational symbol for black struggle and proposed solutions that he felt would bring prosperity and freedom to black people in an absolute fashion.

He was a big supporter of black segregation, believing that black people needed to get the f*ck out of America and go back to Africa. He was legit with this shit too, as he made the Black Star Line, which was a shipping company that was used to send black people back to the motherland.

He inspired different black movements, specifically the Rastafarian movement. The Rastafarians believed him to be a prophet, and took his words REALLY seriously.

Now this nigga Marcus would do speeches and shit like every other inspirational motherfucker, and he usually said the following line in most of his speeches, "Look to Africa, when a black king shall be crowned, for the day of deliverance is at hand!"

Now to most sane people who can sensibly connect dots, Marcus Garvey is saying that as we move back to Africa, the moment we make kingdoms again and crown ourselves like we did in the past, there will be great times ahead and the bloody past can be behind us.

But no no no, the Rastafarians, looking at Marcus Garvey as a literal prophet, took his shit literally.

So at this moment, guess who they saw crowned king in the African nation of Ethiopia? Haile motherfucking Selassie. (Fun fact, Haile Selassie's real name is Ras Tafari, which is where the movement's name comes from).

Ironically, Haile Selassie himself stated that he was not Jesus incarnate. Matter of fact, he stated that he was a mere mortal. Here are his words:

"I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

I sympathise with black struggle but I can’t respect the cultural appropriation of Egypt and otherwise.

Let them be proud Western African culture like Beyoncé with Nigerian culture

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Black people should love somalis more than him. Since we started the African union and liberated many Africans at our own expense (never again) whilst this guy was schemeing with Europeans.

Black people should love somalis more than him. Since we started the African union and liberated many Africans at our own expense (never again) whilst this guy was schemeing with Europeans.

R u insane!? somalis proudly cape for arabs during the slave trade and even today many of their descendants (YOU) proudly claim that part of your history. If anything you should be seen as the enemy of black people.

As for the original post...rastas are stupid. I mean i like the weed concept and i like the living close to nature concept and even the vegetarian concept but the selassie nonsense...is just that. Most black people in the caribbean don't subscribe to that BS.

Apollo

VIP
R u insane!? somalis proudly cape for arabs during the slave trade and even today many of their descendants (YOU) proudly claim that part of your history. If anything you should be seen as the enemy of black people.

As for the original post...rastas are stupid. I mean i like the weed concept and i like the living close to nature concept and even the vegetarian concept but the selassie nonsense...is just that. Most black people in the caribbean don't subscribe to that BS.

Bantu slave.

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general

This dumb watches one somali ancestry dna video on YouTube and thinks he got it all figured out :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Go back to picking cotton negro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending