Why Do Some Muslims Deny Where Allah is?

Ashari creed existed for 500 years by the time of Ibn Hajar and Nawawi.

Plus i am not talking about Asharis. The modern Salafi creed is based upon Ibn Taymiyyah/Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahabb and doesn't have anything in common with traditional Hanbali creed.
With all due respect you don't know what you talking about since you have no knowledge about the Ahlu Suunah wa Jam'aa creed.

Abu Hasan al Asha'ari during his last days repented from the views and the positions he had and returned to the Sunnah or Hanabli creed as he stipulated in his last published book
"الإبانة عن أصول الديانة"

Last edited:
Both the Ashari and Athari aqeedah is from the Salaf, however the Salafi aqeedah is from Ibn Taymiyyah and completely distinct. This is what Imam Nawawi said regarding the hadith of descent:

“This ĥadīth [of Nuzūl] is of the ĥadīths mentioning attributes. There are two famous ways of the scholars regarding them, that have been explained previously in the chapter on belief.

Their brief description is that one is the approach of most of the Salaf, and some Kalām scholars, which is to believe it is true in a sense that befits Allāh, and that it's apparent, usual meaning for us, is not meant, and one does not speak about its meaning, accompanied with the belief that Allāh is clear of having attributes of created things, and of translocation, movements, and all descriptions that are for created things.

The other approach is that of most Kalām scholars, and groups among the Salaf, and they are narrated here from Mālik and Awzāýī, is to interpret these according to what befits the context. Accordingly, they interpreted this ĥadīth in two ways. One of them: Is that of Mālik ibn Anas and others, which is to say that it means: His Mercy, command, and angels descend, as it is said, ‘the Sultān did so and so’, when it was actually his subjects that did it by his command. The other: Is that it is metaphorical, and its meaning is, ‘accepting those who call by answering them and [showing them] benevolence.’”

And this is what Imam Nawawi said regarding the hadith of the slave girl:
“This hadith is from the narrations of the attributes of Allah, and there are two madhdhabs regarding this, and I have mentioned them both in the chapter of Iman. The first is to believe in it without delving into its meaning, while believing that Allah has no similitude to Him at all, and negating for him the attributes of created beings. And the second school is that it is interpreted in a manner that befits Him.”
Imam Malik said:
Abdullah ibn Nafi’ reported: Imam Malik, may Allah have mercy on him, was asked about the saying of Allah Almighty, “The Most Merciful rose above the Throne,” (20:5). The man said, “How is His rising?” Malik said, “The rising is acknowledged, its modality is unknown, and asking about it is an innovation.

Imam Abu Hanfia said also in his book "الفقه الأكبر"

من قال: لا أعرف ربي في السماء أو في الأرض فقد كفر، وكذا من قال: إنه على العرش ولا أدري العرش أفي السماء أو في الأرض؟ والله تعالى يُدْعى من أعلى لا من أسفل ".

Whoever says: I do not know my Lord in heaven or on earth has disbelieved. Likewise, whoever says: He is on the Throne, and I do not know whether the Throne is in heaven or on earth? God Almighty is called from above, not from below.”

It's clear what the creed of Ahlu Sunnah wa Jam'aa is and who follows the salaf as salih

Trending

Latest posts