Why do Somalis claim to be Banu Hashimi??

Munz

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I’m not sure if it’s just me who realises this but I see many Somalis saying they’re Arabs. Which boggles my mind.

Let’s dissect Arab countries most of them got Arabized by invasion Look at the Levantine Arabs or the Berber Arabs or the Egyptians Arabs.

My point is the only reason we didn’t become Arabized Is because our ancestors were warriors. We should be grateful we’re not mutts and that we’ve preserved our culture and our language :mjdontkno:

Jimmer

Asagu/Asaga | Stop Asian Hate
VIP
It's not claiming to be Arabs, it's claiming to be a descendant of the prophet. If the prophet was an Inuit, many groups would've claimed descent from them. And it's not something unique to Somalis.

Habesha claim to descendants of Jewish King Solomon.

Afghans claim to be a lost tribe of Israel.

Millions of Iranian and South Asian Shias claim to be descendants of Mohamed.

People need to get over this.

Munz

VIP
It's not claiming to be Arabs, it's claiming to be a descendant of the prophet. If the prophet was an Inuit, many groups would've claimed descent from them. And it's not something unique to Somalis.
That’s why I said in the the title Somalis claiming to be Banu Hashims You’ve missed my point here and I never said it’s a unique to Somalis either.

My point is Somalis need to just embrace being Somali. It’s like some of us are ashamed of our identity.

Jimmer

VIP
That’s why I said in the the title Somalis claiming to be Banu Hashims You’ve missed my point here and I never said it’s a unique to Somalis either.

My point is Somalis need to just embrace being Somali. It’s like some of us are ashamed of our identity.
I didn't miss anything, I read the body of text.

kobe

Highly Respected
VIP

Habesha claim to descendants of Jewish King Solomon.

Afghans claim to be a lost tribe of Israel.

Millions of Iranian and South Asian Shias claim to be descendants of Mohamed.

People need to get over this.
All Cushitic people claim Arab origin. Cushitic people are cucks to Semites

Munz

VIP
Your body made it about Arab ethnicity/race rather than Mohamed :nvjpqts:
Literally said Prophet Mohamed tribe in the title. There’s a thing called reading you should try some time:mahubowtf:

Maybe the Cadaans were right about the 68 IQ thing:comeon:

Jimmer

VIP
Literally said Prophet Mohamed tribe in the title. There’s a thing called reading you should try some time:mahubowtf:

Maybe the Cadaans were right about the 68 IQ thing:comeon:
You made it about claiming another race and self hatred towards one's own race when it was about claiming the prophet. Stop deflecting.

Munz

VIP
You made it about claiming another race and self hatred towards one's own race when it was about the prophet. Stop deflecting.
I spoke about that we didn’t become Arabized like our northern neighbors(North Africa) yet we bizarrely claim to be of Arab descent (Banu Hashim aka the Prophet’s tribe ). No deflection at all just your failure in comprehension. :sass2:

I’m not sure if it’s just me who realises this but I see many Somalis saying they’re Arabs. Which boggles my mind.

Let’s dissect Arab countries most of them got Arabized by invasion Look at the Levantine Arabs or the Berber Arabs or the Egyptians Arabs.

My point is the only reason we didn’t become Arabized Is because our ancestors were warriors. We should be grateful we’re not mutts and that we’ve preserved our culture and our language :mjdontkno:
many cadaan explorers like Burton who visited somalia mentioned that somalis claimed to have banu hashim only because they wanted to be connected to the prophet. QUOTE by R.Burton In mind the Somal are peculiar as in body. They are a people of most susceptible character, and withal uncommonly hard to please. They dislike the Arabs, fear and abhor the Turks, have a horror of Franks, and despise all other Asiatics who with them come under the general name of Hindi (Indians). SOURCE :
First footsteps in East Africa
or, An Exploration of Harar

Apollo

Staff Member
It's only weird Northerners, don't lump us in with you
''According to many documented sources and historians, the patriarch Samaale arrived in northern Somalia from Yemen during the 9th century and subsequently founded the eponymous Samaale clan.[1] Two of the major clans the Hawiye and Dir trace descent from Irir the son of Samaale, who in turn traces his geneological traditions to Arabian Quraysh Banu Hashim origins through Aqiil the son of Abu Talib ibn Abd al-Muttalib, who was cousin of the Prophet Muhammed.[2][3][4][5][6][7] ''

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
VIP
''According to many documented sources and historians, the patriarch Samaale arrived in northern Somalia from Yemen during the 9th century and subsequently founded the eponymous Samaale clan.[1] Two of the major clans the Hawiye and Dir trace descent from Irir the son of Samaale, who in turn traces his geneological traditions to Arabian Quraysh Banu Hashim origins through Aqiil the son of Abu Talib ibn Abd al-Muttalib, who was cousin of the Prophet Muhammed.[2][3][4][5][6][7] ''
Is this true